TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

controversial topics (Discussion)

Go down 
+8
RedAngel
Maxmordon
endless dark
Spooky
MoonRaven
Ginger_Snaps
cynfullov
ravengrim
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:24 pm

lol. The bible is the last place they want to look for morals and ethics. I have entire lists where it shows atrocities that were deemed valiant and holy.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:17 pm

I could bring up a graphic where it charts the kill count of the Judaic/Christian god an Satan, but that is beside the point. The school administrators should have told the anti-abortion people to leave because they are being disruptive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm

They have those rallies here every so often around the high schools and the admins can't tell anyone to leave if they arent on the property. They've gotten smart by standing across the street with their signs panflits and chants but I remember those from when I was in highschool and besides the aborted fetus pictures which is disgusting we used to troll them every bit as hard as they were trolling us.

This would go for the drug free people too, we'd get their "proud to be drug free" ribbons then rip "free" off and change it to say "proud to be a druggie" even the none druggies just because of the morality bashing.

this is a weird city though and those were diffrent times
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm

They can call the police for disrupting the peace, especially if they are shouting.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 12:11 am

I work several blocks from the school, so I don't know how things turned out... might check the paper tomorrow morning when the boss brings it in.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Okay, here's a new one.

Due to the current rights and abilities of teachers and their institutions, and the current decline of intelligence, the education should be reformed as follows:

*Due to the benefits of learning multiple languages, and the current immigrations (legal and otherwise), it will be required to learn (immersion style or half-immersion) one secondary language starting in 1st or 2nd grade, and second secondary language starting about 5th or 6th grade (along with English and the 1st secondary language). A third, separate language would be made available starting in the 9th grade.

*Until the beginning of the 9th grade, children are not full citizens of the US. Around the time of the 9th grade, they will be allowed to take the citizenship test. This test will require them to be proficient in the workings of the government, be of acceptable levels in academics, and said students will not be able to be employed before they take and pass this test. This should put some fire under their asses and make them WANT to be in school, lest they fail the citizenship test. Before this test, they are considered US-born residents.

*Literacy and proficiency levels are to be set for each grade level. Failure means repetition of that grade level. Too many failures means expulsion.

Thoughts? Discuss!
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Due to the current rights and abilities of teachers and their institutions, and the current decline of intelligence, the education should be reformed as follows:
quit cutting school budgets and they can afford to rase the level of education back to what it once was when we were on top of the game

nsanelilmunky wrote:
*Due to the benefits of learning multiple languages, and the current immigrations (legal and otherwise), it will be required to learn (immersion style or half-immersion) one secondary language starting in 1st or 2nd grade, and second secondary language starting about 5th or 6th grade (along with English and the 1st secondary language). A third, separate language would be made available starting in the 9th grade.
I dont see the point of this, then again around here everyone learns spanish around the 9th grade anyway and theres really not much need to know to much more unless we're supposed to all be translators in the UN or something...

nsanelilmunky wrote:
*Until the beginning of the 9th grade, children are not full citizens of the US. Around the time of the 9th grade, they will be allowed to take the citizenship test. This test will require them to be proficient in the workings of the government, be of acceptable levels in academics, and said students will not be able to be employed before they take and pass this test. This should put some fire under their asses and make them WANT to be in school, lest they fail the citizenship test. Before this test, they are considered US-born residents.
No, worst idea ever. This leaves every child to the possible owning by government goon squads worse then the INS that can and I'm betting would go and remove unwanted children and no there is nothing the parrents could do because they are harboring none citizens. It is a great way to bring about military camps filled with growing killing machines and dont think they wouldn't use that opportunity.

nsanelilmunky wrote:
*Literacy and proficiency levels are to be set for each grade level. Failure means repetition of that grade level. Too many failures means expulsion.
remove "no child left behind" amd re instate the old system that I grew up under its basicly the same thing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:27 pm

endless dark wrote:
I dont see the point of this, then again around here everyone learns spanish around the 9th grade anyway and theres really not much need to know to much more unless we're supposed to all be translators in the UN or something...

The best age to learn a language is before the age of 9. Learning languages makes the mind more flexible and better able to absorb knowledge. Most studies show that kids that learn secondary languages tend to out perform their peers that haven't. And learning more than just Spanish would not only help in getting a job later (there's more jobs out there that require other languages than you think) but would also help one keep in touch with heritage and would also put a cork in the proverbial mouth of the English First lobbyist group.

endless dark wrote:
No, worst idea ever. This leaves every child to the possible owning by government goon squads worse then the INS that can and I'm betting would go and remove unwanted children and no there is nothing the parrents could do because they are harboring none citizens. It is a great way to bring about military camps filled with growing killing machines and dont think they wouldn't use that opportunity.

I didn't say they would be without rights. I meant that they would be banned from certain things (such as work) until they passed this test. Per current law, children are owned by parents. The law can do many a thing with them already that the parents may or may not like. Being born in the US would entitle them to most rights, but ban them from others so they get their act together.

endless dark wrote:
remove "no child left behind" amd re instate the old system that I grew up under its basicly the same thing...

Even with that system, teacher's couldn't do anything but sit there and yell at kids.

I wouldn't want many of the things I stated enacted, but it does give some very lively discussion which has been absent for a while.

Endless, are you being sarcastic, or were you just typing fast?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Even with that system, teacher's couldn't do anything but sit there and yell at kids.
not a catholic school fan then? axe

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Endless, are you being sarcastic, or were you just typing fast?
a little of both with some sardonic for flavor grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Heh. I've only ever gone to public schools... with the exception of kindergarten and first grade which were in a Lutheran private school. Catholic schools never really come to my mind when I think school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 pm

So, what is everyone's take on the Greek Macedonian and Former Yugoslavian / Republic of Macedonia conflict?
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7570101
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:11 pm

This is super interesting. Other than autonomy, and reason for this to be ethical?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/05/health/05essa.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&ref=health&pagewanted=print
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:39 pm

SPF wrote:
This is super interesting. Other than autonomy, and reason for this to be ethical?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/05/health/05essa.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&ref=health&pagewanted=print

We have to be a member to read that.

Evil?

Where do my rights start and end in the workplace?
And what gives my employer the right to make sweeping moral judgements about what I do in my own time?
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:11 pm

^^oh lame, sorry.

Basically the article says that parents are purposely making their kinds turn out blind or deaf so they can have an all blind or deaf family. They are implanting these defects in the embryo.

Parents say that if there whole family shares the same "defect" that they will be a stronger family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 pm

^^^That's not right. there's trying to make your family stronger, and then there's child abuse. I think this would be considered abuse. They're pretty much endangering the child and forcing it to live a cripples life.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
^^^That's not right. there's trying to make your family stronger, and then there's child abuse. I think this would be considered abuse. They're pretty much endangering the child and forcing it to live a cripples life.

ya we talked about this in my ethics class. Parents also choose to rid their children of disease. that makes way more sense
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Evil?

Where do my rights start and end in the workplace?
And what gives my employer the right to make sweeping moral judgements about what I do in my own time?

In my opinion what you do in your own time is your business and nothing to do with your employer

The World has gone mad, Big Brother is everywhere and our personal freedoms are being slowly eroded every day
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:49 pm

^^ Exactly! It's sure as hell not anyone's employer's business what they do in their own home (I mean, unless it's a woman coming in with a black eye or something; then help is clearly needed).

Imagine the tables turned: what's the Brooksville mayor doing at home, anyway? And if she calls smoking "the root of all evil", can you imagine what activities of her own she's covering up??
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:23 am

I just remembered this from a while back: Swiss ban on minarets draws widespread condemnation. I thought it was absolutely stupid to just ban further constructing an architectural feature simply because you have a problem with a religion (BTW, minarets are faarrr prettier than the steeples I see all the time attached to churches). The only time I would support such a legislation is if they can definitively prove that an architectural feature (this time the minarets) is a structural hazard to the populace in general, but short of that it starts to step on the toes of people to have freedom to practice their religion peaceably. (From my understanding, the minaret is just an added on feature that really is not that major of a symbol--it's a kin to the steeple attached to a church.)
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:40 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
I just remembered this from a while back: Swiss ban on minarets draws widespread condemnation. I thought it was absolutely stupid to just ban further constructing an architectural feature simply because you have a problem with a religion (BTW, minarets are faarrr prettier than the steeples I see all the time attached to churches). The only time I would support such a legislation is if they can definitively prove that an architectural feature (this time the minarets) is a structural hazard to the populace in general, but short of that it starts to step on the toes of people to have freedom to practice their religion peaceably. (From my understanding, the minaret is just an added on feature that really is not that major of a symbol--it's a kin to the steeple attached to a church.)

What's next, banning the flying buttress?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Alrighty... someone posted something about this in a status via Facebook.

Everyone here knows the Westboro crazies, right?

okay, what would be everyone's thoughts on people protesting at one of their funerals with signs saying things like "Thank God(s) for dead Westboro Church members" and "how do you like it?"

The initial comment made me chuckle, but I'm really not so sure about the actual act. I still have my respect for the dead and I would see that as dropping down to their level.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:42 pm

I wouldn't do it. I find such conduct childish and ill mannered. Doing such things are done in disrespect to those still living. The deceased body doesn't care.

That "how do you like it" part does make you wonder if somehow such words could reach through to some, but I kind of doubt it.

Last edited by cynfullov on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 pm

I agree with you, Nsane and Cyn. It would be stooping to their level -- moreover, it would indicate that your (using the hypothetical "you" here) actions are dictated solely by the actions of others. Tossing your moral compass, and compromising your beliefs, because you've been hurt only makes everyone feel like garbage at the end.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 pm

mm... Childish was the wrong word to use. This is just, I don't know. As far as I've always known it's been a given, a silent taboo that you just don't intrude on anyones funeral or services.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:34 am

At least I'm not alone in saying tha it would be sinking to their level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: controversial topics (Discussion)   controversial topics (Discussion) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

controversial topics (Discussion)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Religion & Philosophy-
Jump to: