TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'

Go down 
+7
SPF
Ginger_Snaps
Spooky
La Diva Carlotta
cynfullov
endless dark
ravengrim
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Empty
PostSubject: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Two men in Texas believe they may have discovered the body of a chupacabra – a mythical beast rumoured to suck all the blood out of its prey.
Lynn Butler, a taxidermist, says that he found the mystery creature's corpse in a chicken barn three months ago, the morning after an unseen predator was heard running amock.

While its hairless, leathery body and pointed muzzle resemble a dog with severe mange, other animal experts who have inspected the corpse have suggested it may be a chupacabra, a predator first sighted in Puerto Rico in 1995.

Although descriptions of chupacabras differ wildly – they are variously compared to rodents, lizards and even small bears – they tend to be distinguished by prominent fangs visible on Mr Butler's specimen.

The name translates from the Spanish as "goat sucker" because of reports that the beasts puncture the skins of livestock with their teeth, draining them of blood.

Suspected sightings have been reported across the Americas and even as far away as Russia, but scientists dismiss the animals as modern legends.

Jerry Ayer, a friend of Mr Butler and a fellow taxidermist, now has possession of the body and says he plans to have it properly stuffed and mounted for public display.

"To be honest, I don't know what it is. I'd probably say it's a freak-of-nature coyote, or a hybrid breed with a genetic mutation," he told the Los Angeles Times .

"It has a little fuzz around the feet. Almost like little socks of fur. And there's a little hair up the backbone. Very odd-looking," he added. "The hairlessness is sinister because you can see the bones protruding at the hips.

"People say there's a mythical beast and I have one. I'll call it chupacabra because people love it, but I don't know what it is."

Mr Ayer says that he does not want to develop a reputation as a crank, but says he has pleased that widespread interest in the find – he has been interviewed by CNN and other US networks – has increased the profile of his business, Blanco Taxidermy School.

The last cryptozoology sensation to attract international attention followed the claim by two Georgia residents to have discovered the body of Bigfoot last year. They subsequently confessed that photos produced as "proof" of their find actually showed a rubber ape costume

Click the link at the top to see pictures.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I saw some stuff on this already including the Monster Quest on History channel, interesting stuff. Their chupa-dog thing looks a little diffrent then the other ones that I've seen though
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 pm

It's pitiful looking. It looks like a dog. sad or frown ;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:32 pm

Looks like a coyote... somewhat.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Wissels suck the blood out of creatures... how can something like that suck? Most carnivorous animals once they get a certain age lose I thought the ability to suck or know how. That just has flesh eating looking teeth.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:58 pm

It's a vampire dog!

I got nuthin'. meh
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:37 am

It's a deada** hairless coyote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:07 am

A coyote with mange (it could also have a mutated gene that made it hairless). People really need to touch up on their zoology.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7570101
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:06 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
A coyote with mange (it could also have a mutated gene that made it hairless). People really need to touch up on their zoology.

ya its probably just a coyote. Coyotes like to eat chickens, but do they drink just the blood

People want to find the chupacabra so bad they will call anything they find the mythical creature. In most cases any unknown creature turns out to be a "normal" animal anyways.
Back to top Go down
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7577504
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 pm

I thought Chupacabras were supposed to look like a cross between max morden. a gray and a lizard... with claws..
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

^... Sort of like this?

Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Chupacabra

In my mind, I always thought they would look something like a legged lamprey or that tapeworm guy off of the X-Files.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, the El Chupacabra is supposed to look like some kind of alien lizard/reptoid with spines coming out of the back and red eyes.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 7359323
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:18 am

Yeah, I remember talk of that from my childhood in Central Texas. Which is why, in the novel I'm writing about an Austin-area rock band's rise and fall (they say write what you know) the band is called El Chupacabra. This results in some Spinal-tap-like reviews which reference the bands' suckiness or lack thereof.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Yeah, the El Chupacabra is supposed to look like some kind of alien lizard/reptoid with spines coming out of the back and red eyes.

Thankyou
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:

I'd probably adopt him! Laughing
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:20 pm

^^Me too, me too! I want one, and I'll name him, Ramon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Aw, if yours ever had puppies... or whatever baby chups would be called, I'd want one!
Back to top Go down
lavivi

Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 5
More Numbers : 6517740
Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:54 pm

I thought Chupacabras were supposed to look like a cross between max morden. a gray and a lizard... with claws..
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:11 am

I apparently can morph to look like any animal with mange.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:26 pm

lavivi wrote:
I've seen images like that, but I figure they're either a different creature or an exageration of a more organic looking beast. I believe in the mangey looking ones, but have my doubts about the cooler looking ones you describe.

Also, as the board's official Texan I do stare into the dark off my balcony hoping to see one of these. So far, just possums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas'   Chupacabra: blood-sucking mythical beast 'found in Texas' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1