TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Need History Channel Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Need History Channel Help Empty
PostSubject: Need History Channel Help   Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

So, the History Channel just had a few major screw-ups on some programs they aired and are not really answering emails and other comments.

I'm mainly doing this for the Asatru group on facebook. Could some of you (try) and contact them and ask if they'd set things right (retraction style) or air programming that isn't completely screwed up? They seem to have a lot of problems with Norse and Druidic mythologies and religions. And if they were this far off on Norse and Druidic stuff, don't we all wonder what else they were really off on? As in it's really hurting their credibility?

The main episode in question is Clash of the Gods - Thor.... It really sounds like they didn't even look up any of the stories when making this episode.

Some of the mistakes that people have pointed out:
* "these pagans" thought there were three worlds: Asgard in the branches of Yggdrasil, Midgard in the middle, and Hel below They actually believed in NINE (9) worlds.
*They called Loki Thor's brother. They were not related. Loki was a Giant that had a blood-pack with Othin.
*They called Freyja Thor's sister.. Freyja was the daughter of Njord, and the sister of Frey... all were of the Vana ( a different pantheon of gods). Thor was of the As and in no way related.
*not to mention other little screw-ups and bias galore that made it look like the Northern Euros "stole" from Christianity even though they both coexisted long before they ever met. They also down-play most of the stories to make the norse gods look incompetent.

I really doubt most will care about those things, but could you at least try to contact them and try to get them to hear? If not, I might also try to contact National Geographic and Discovery Channel to see if they might air something.... and hopefully they're a bit more open-eared than History Channel.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Need History Channel Help Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Need History Channel Help   Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:08 pm

The History Channel is deep in bed with Christianity, so they will glorify Christianity all the while completely ignoring facts on other religions. Getting them to correct their mistakes is about as likely as L. Ron Hubbard coming back from the dead and completely admitting to the public that Scientology is made up.

You're more likely to get accurate information on the History International channel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Need History Channel Help Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Need History Channel Help   Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 am

I'm not sure how "in bed" the history channel is with the christians since they've shown an awful lot and and quite often that there arent many original stories in all of christanity (as most of us in the west know it, cant count out some tribe in some cut off part of the world... or crazies) and how even most of the customs and holidays come from some place else that they just took over. The few stories that they could call original they went and showed scientificly how it could happen naturaly with no divine aid.

Also not to nit pick to hard but I googled "clash of the gods- thor" hopeing someone had it posted somewhere but the first link is history chanel and that episodes supposed to show on november 6th, I don't know maybe they showed it and I missed it but meh also, there are 9 worlds if you dont count Yggdrasil but if you are counting it then there are 10... Moving forward a little in time though things did turn into the 3 worlds, upper middle and lower which even JRR Tolken borrowed to make his stories, I wont limit it to LOTR because theres a lot oand its really well thought out and complex how much he went into to make a modern myth... thats off topic though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: Need History Channel Help   Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:35 pm

It's on youtube in segments. And the becoming three worlds versus nine I think came about around the time of conversion, no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need History Channel Help   Need History Channel Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need History Channel Help
Page 1 of 1