TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Study abroad and interlibrary loan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Study abroad and interlibrary loan Empty
PostSubject: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I wasn't sure this goes here, but none of the other headers sound right either...

German study abroad scholarship(s)

Same organization as above, but this is the international site

Study abroad scholarships at large

Another study abroad funding at large site

And then, for those of us staying state-side, try interlibrary loan. The site I'm about to give allows you to search to see what libraries in the country have what books. Your local library should have a interlibrary loan program that you have to go through, but this allows you to find what schools have it (and allows you to see how much they might charge in shipping).

WorldCat
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Study abroad and interlibrary loan Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:55 pm

I have always wanted to study abroad to capture other cultures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:12 pm

^^^Yeah. Same here. I also want to go backpacking through some areas. It would cost a heck of a lot, but it would be worth it I think.
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Study abroad and interlibrary loan 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7578922
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 pm

I highly recommend study abroad! It's definitely worth every penny!
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Study abroad and interlibrary loan Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7672840
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Just dont go to China like my friend did, what a horror story that was, I shall never forget it.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Study abroad and interlibrary loan Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Vampira132 wrote:
Just dont go to China like my friend did, what a horror story that was, I shall never forget it.

What happened?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Study abroad and interlibrary loan Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7672840
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:33 pm

^^ An old high school friend joined a company in China to study as a teacher for a couple of years. My close friend heard about this and decided to sign up. After she signed up, she soon made her way to China. Her first day there was exciting, meeting new people and everyone being so humble and caring. The next day she started her studies with a couple of other Chinese people. After a few days she wasn’t getting into it and decided to have a word with the manager guy who owned this company; as you can guess he was having none of it and made her move to another apartment with a girl to make things a little easier. This failed, she was getting more and more desperate to come home, but at the beginning she foolishly gave in her passport to this manager and now he wouldn’t give it her back, to be able to fly home. She stopped turning up for classes and kept trying the manager, until he said you have to pay me £500 for you to be able get back home and leave this course. She had next to nothing on her, and so I told her to go to the British Embassy in China. She went and they said there was nothing they could do without her passport and without the money and sent her to her apartment. When she got back she had to ring her mum (who isn’t nice at all) to ask for the money, but she wouldn’t cough it up; and so went to her dad who said he would try to find a way to get the money to bring her back home. During the next week she started to receive threats from this manager guy asking her for this money ASAP, obviously she didn’t have the money yet and kept giving him excuses. After a week her dad finally sent over the cash, took her passport and ran back home.

She is stupid for letting him have her passport because he could have copied it or anything. I was so glad to see her home soon after that traumatic event. She will never forget it, and neither will I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study abroad and interlibrary loan   Study abroad and interlibrary loan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study abroad and interlibrary loan
Page 1 of 1