TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

The Evolution of the Zombie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : The Evolution of the Zombie Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The Evolution of the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: The Evolution of the Zombie   The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 pm

There is nothing so typically terrifying, nothing that so perfectly contains all the characteristics of the nightmare, of revulsion, and very little that has the same history in horror and Gothic as the zombie. The zombie is the perfect embodiment of the abject; a term coined and developed by literary critic, Julia Kristeva. According to her the abject represents anything that is removed from or situated outside the symbolic order, and being forced to face it is an inherently traumatic experience. This includes such things as a corpse, along with rot and excrement, reminds a person of their own fragile mortality.

Interesting post all about zombie history,both real and make believe.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The Evolution of the Zombie 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

The Evolution of the Zombie Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Evolution of the Zombie   The Evolution of the Zombie I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:25 pm

The Zombie has many links to what Gustav LeBon called "The Crowd", his 18th Century book studying and describing the actions and reasoning behind rioters, the angry mob, etc. These can also help expose the reasoning why people are so willing to release the pressures of decision making and control of their own lives to join a cult, religion, army, or gang. It's why stable and unassuming people joined the Manson Family, the Branch Davidians or the 3rd Reich; why these people were able to be convinced into doing inhuman things as a crowd or group, which subsequently releases the individual of personal responsibility. It's not one person dragging the handicapped, Jews, gypsys and homosexuals into gas-chambers, it was the group. It wasn't one person killing and raping children and then poisoning themselves, it was the group. The zombie is the representation of the unassuming person, who is capable of doing terrible things when they are immersed in a group of like-minded people who also have little willpower. We assume those people must be dead inside to simply go with flow of the crowd and follow the words and urging of one captivating person like a prophet or a dictator. In the case of the zombie, we actually make them dead so we can empathize with their horrendous actions, with the living we don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com

Page 1 of 1