TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Japanese Build Robo Baby!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Japanese Build Robo Baby! 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Japanese Build Robo Baby! Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Meet Noby!
-> (Article & Pic)

Japanese researchers created a baby robot designed to simulate the behavior and development of a real infant in an effort to better understand how humans grow up.

Named Noby, short for "nine-month-old baby," it has 600 sensors across its body to feel touch, cameras and microphones fitted into its head for vision and hearing and is hooked up to a powerful computer.

Noby is 28 inches tall and weighs 17 pounds, similar to a nine-month-old human. It has soft urethane skin, is flexible and has joints that move like those of a human baby.

Researchers are using it to test theories of human development, said Tokyo University professor Yasuo Kuniyoshi, who led development of Noby with the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology.

"You can load your software into the robot, watch how it reacts to human actions and its surroundings and compare it with the behavior of real children," Kuniyoshi told AFP Tuesday.

Researchers could modify their software if the robot acted strangely in order to fine tune its development, he said.

Noby is one of the humanoids created under a broader project headed by Minoru Asada, robotics engineering professor at Osaka University, and funded by the government-backed Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).

The team is adopting a new approach to getting to know humans by replicating them, JST said in a statement.

"Human beings learn and develop various functions in the process of growing up, but the exact mechanism is yet to be explained," it said.

Shedding light on the field will help develop robots that could live together with humans in the future, it said.

The project team has also unveiled a humanoid the size of a five-year-old, the M3-Kindy -- the M3 stands for "man-made man," and Kindy for kindergarten -- which can walk hand-in-hand with a human.

Noby and M3-Kindy are the latest additions to humanoids created in the project, which also includes the M3-Neony, which mimics a new-born baby and which was unveiled earlier this year.

----------------------------------------------------

As much as this is ways super awesome..
I keep thinking about AI and BiCentinal Man. tearsosad

" Shedding light on the field will help develop robots that could live together with humans in the future, it said. "

We humans have trouble living/exsisting with each other. I'm not against hitech robots, it just saddens me to think there could be something else brought into exsistance that could possibly have feelings. How soon does a program go from being able to mimick, to one that does or believes it is feeling something.

To the reality of it, as of now there are still cables running from the computer to Lil' Noby. Even though it may be a little while yet until there is created a fully independently functional "artifical" being we still should question how far should we go .

Animatronic toys - robots - ?

* Oh and I give no thought as to country.
If it can be done, it would eventually be done other places as well.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Japanese Build Robo Baby! Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm skeered! shock
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Japanese Build Robo Baby! Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

I knew this would happen eventually, some how it being japan isn't shocking either. Now if we could just hit the "ghost in a shell" technology, thats probably still a bunch of steps away though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
shortpsycho
shortpsycho

Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 498
: : Japanese Build Robo Baby! Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7584010
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:56 pm

That is soo neat! creepy but neat. I cant wait to see what kind of information they learn
Back to top Go down
http://weinridge.com

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 pm

I think it's cool... the comments left on the article kinda' p!ssed me off, but hey.

I think it would be a good way to get the world population under control. As Ravengrim has posted many a time, some people can actually grow attachments to non-living things. If a lot of people chose to fall for something that can be programmed to understand their own personal needs without any need to have their own met, more power to them.

Hiroyasu Ueda comes to mind tongue
Back to top Go down
Daal1

Leo Goat
Number of posts : 40
: : Japanese Build Robo Baby! 10xrbx3
More Numbers : 6751491
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 am

I hope this doesn't lead to something like the Stepford Wives. Real women are not replaceable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Build Robo Baby!   Japanese Build Robo Baby! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Build Robo Baby!
Page 1 of 1