TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis

Go down 
+3
MoonRaven
Ginger_Snaps
Spooky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7573423
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Our Japanese brethren have been hit with a serious quake and the resulting Tsunamis have really beaten that country to pieces today. We have some board members in Japan right? I hope they're ok. Well, I know the nation will do better than the poorer countries who have been hit with seismic activity recently, simply because of how orderly and advanced the culture and technology of Japan is. The loss of life and destruction is going to be real bad when it's fully realized, so many people live on such small areas in Japan, that millions can be effected in small geographical locations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Gomenasai pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7678557
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:33 pm

And now with the threat of the nuclear plants over heating... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis 25883sk
More Numbers : 7412524
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:31 pm

It was horrifying to see the footage. Looked like something dreamed up in a Hollywood CG lab: I haven't seen anything like that since the spate of late-'90s disaster movies.

And true, the epicenter wasn't in a major city, but having wrecked so much farmland, will there be food shortages? Japan, much like NZ, is limited in its natural resources due to its size.

None of what I'm saying expresses the sadness and horror they're enduring and we're feeling. The disaster is massive, there's no one to blame... it's just frustration and tragedy.

I always hoped to visit Japan one day. Now I have the added reason of boosting their economy by increasing tourism revenue. It's just so tough to imagine how things will work out for them in coming days and years. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7578922
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am

The Japanese are always worried about running out of rice, so trust me, they have plenty. Every year the crops go into storehouses. The bagged rice in grocery stores is over a year old.

The Japanese people were about as prepared as they could be for an earthquake, but nothing can really stop a tsunami like this. Thankfully the Japanese have a wonderful government and all aid and money donated to them WILL go towards the cause, instead of into a politician's pocket. Not to mention they know how to work together and I think Japan will recover from this better and quicker than other disaster-stricken countries have in the past.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:22 pm

^^ That's at least some comfort to hear -- that they've got surplus crops in storage and that they have a gov't that won't screw around with aid funds. Also that they have the cultural aptitude to effectively work through a massive disaster (though I know it's not their first time).

I really would like to visit, to learn more about the culture. Will have to put the bug in Gareth's ear -- he's always up for travel.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7677252

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Absolutely heart breaking and I dont think we've heard the worst of things yet
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

They had a near nuclear melt down as a result of the quake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
They had a near nuclear melt down as a result of the quake.

That's my worry Ginger shock
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:36 pm

^^ I'm worried about possible meltdowns too. The news is worse each day. sad or frown
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

All I can say is that the Japanese people have shown immense courage and strength throughout - kudos to them
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7358010
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I heard on NPR today that surprisingly some of the aid offered by other countries is being turned away. Japan does indeed have food stockpiles. This isn't like in Haiti where the government pretends it's fine. No, Japan knows how bad it is but is prepared to deal with it head-on.

My hat's off to the culture as a whole.

I can only hope that FEMA's taking notes on this as the Eastern US prepares for another hurricane season. :?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis   Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunamis
Page 1 of 1