TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+17
ani raina
ravengrim
Madelchai
Spooky
Vampira132
WrappedinReflection
ani urania
helen damnation
endless dark
Emmature
TheDarkHippie
DarkDreamer
MoonRaven
cynfullov
La Diva Carlotta
RedAngel
deadcoldgothgirl
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm

^^Oh no! That's such late notice! I hope you're still able to RSVP. Maybe you can call the school? Seriously, there's already so much stupidity involved in the grad school application process as it is, you don't need any more stress. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 am

An old grad school classmate whom I deleted from facebook a while back has friended me, and not remembering why I deleted her in the first place I went ahead and accepted her friend request. Boy did I regret it an hour later! That girl is dumb! She has a very ignorant view of the world and is not ashamed of sharing it with everyone. She must've grown up in a very sheltered home. shock
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:22 pm

It really cold today. Not only was my nose runny from the time I walked to class and walked back, but when I went to blow my nose, dried blood came out zombie

I'm pretty annoyed at my roommates as well. Can they keep a clean living space? For the most part it isn't that bad. Can they keep their dishes clean? Not really but it's mostly put away in the dishwasher with a few things in the sink. Can they ever keep MY silverware, pots and pans clean? Nope. Everytime I need a fork they are always dirty so I have to clean my own. Every time I need my searing pan there is eggs or pasta sauce dried to it. I wouldn't care if it was there stuff. But it's MINE. I was my dishes right after I'm done using them. At least clean your fork if you see it's the last damn one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:02 am

Just got a disconnection notice from my phone company. Scary! Didn't pay the phone bill last month because their payment website is super buggy (and i just plain forgot about). Oy!
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:50 pm

The effing cold needs to go away. And people need to put some damn salt down because I'm tired of sliding on ice.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:24 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
^^Oh no! That's such late notice! I hope you're still able to RSVP. Maybe you can call the school? Seriously, there's already so much stupidity involved in the grad school application process as it is, you don't need any more stress. Rolling Eyes

i can still have an interview!!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 am

^^ Glad to hear it, SPF! Smile

~~~

I found out via Facebook that my "best friend" sent the first draft of her first book (which she said she was so psyched to have me read) to her other "best" friend. OK, but why bother making me feel like my input was so important to her in the first place? It wouldn't be a letdown if she didn't make it a big deal to begin with.

sad or frown
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:09 pm

I had to help my friend move out of her apartment, because she's getting a divorce from my other friend, her husband. There was way too much drama, there wasn't any fighting really, a bit of debate over a couple items that was going to stay. But there was just this laundry list of poor decisions that were made that caused this breakup, and the person I helped move furniture for, she didn't even look or speak the way I know my friend has for the last 15 years. Her mannerisms, the way she formed words, all of it sounded different to me, and it was very, very hard for me. I love her so much, but her last two years of choices of risky treatments for her physical and emotional issues, coupled with moving out of her place with her husband to move into some co-workers house to "get help" and joining their church in like a spur-of-the-moment decision just created an irreparable gulf between her and her soon-to-be-ex. Her choices of how to "get better", feels like they made her into a whole new person, someone I don't know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:35 pm

^^^Is spur-of-the-moment her style? I hate it when people I care for change. I've lost a few friends because they changed in a way that they thought they were to high-and-mighty for me.

My rant: While tightening my bow to practice violin a bit ago, it broke. It will no longer get tight. ...and I have a violin lesson at 3.15. At least the place I go to sells extra bows, but I don't know if I should just buy another beginner's bow or buy a better quality one for near $100. I'd like a better quality one, but I also have a trip and two months that I need to keep money for. sad or frown damnit.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:28 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
My rant: While tightening my bow to practice violin a bit ago, it broke. It will no longer get tight. ...and I have a violin lesson at 3.15. At least the place I go to sells extra bows, but I don't know if I should just buy another beginner's bow or buy a better quality one for near $100. I'd like a better quality one, but I also have a trip and two months that I need to keep money for. sad or frown damnit.

I always feared tightening a string would cause it to pop into my eye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:38 pm

^^^Knowing me, I could probably accomplish that tongue Though, I bet something odd would happen with me and I'd snap the peg or scroll before the string broke.

I ended up having to spend $45 on a new bow because they didn't have any of the dirt cheap ones at this particular location.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:21 am

nsanelilmunky wrote:
^^^Is spur-of-the-moment her style? I hate it when people I care for change. I've lost a few friends because they changed in a way that they thought they were to high-and-mighty for me.

Not really, but last year she elected to have shock therapy without consulting her husband or family during a week stay in a hospital. That in my mind was her first spontaneous decision, but it was a detrimental one. After that, she had to have her friends come over with photo album to jog her memory of us, legit someone I've known since I was 12 told me; "I know I love you, but I don't remember much about you". That in it of itself was terrible feeling, plus I was told she forgot her wedding, the whole thing. After that, I feel it caused a complete change in my friend's mental and emotional makeup, and these questionable decisions in her life are direct root of that. This is woman that I've known 15 years; she used to take out her frustrations and fears about life and herself, on herself, I've seen her take this anger out on someone else now for the first time.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 am

Spooky wrote:
I had to help my friend move out of her apartment, because she's getting a divorce from my other friend, her husband. There was way too much drama, there wasn't any fighting really, a bit of debate over a couple items that was going to stay. But there was just this laundry list of poor decisions that were made that caused this breakup, and the person I helped move furniture for, she didn't even look or speak the way I know my friend has for the last 15 years. Her mannerisms, the way she formed words, all of it sounded different to me, and it was very, very hard for me. I love her so much, but her last two years of choices of risky treatments for her physical and emotional issues, coupled with moving out of her place with her husband to move into some co-workers house to "get help" and joining their church in like a spur-of-the-moment decision just created an irreparable gulf between her and her soon-to-be-ex. Her choices of how to "get better", feels like they made her into a whole new person, someone I don't know.

Spooky wrote:
nsanelilmunky wrote:

Not really, but last year she elected to have shock therapy without consulting her husband or family during a week stay in a hospital. That in my mind was her first spontaneous decision, but it was a detrimental one. After that, she had to have her friends come over with photo album to jog her memory of us, legit someone I've known since I was 12 told me; "I know I love you, but I don't remember much about you". That in it of itself was terrible feeling, plus I was told she forgot her wedding, the whole thing. After that, I feel it caused a complete change in my friend's mental and emotional makeup, and these questionable decisions in her life are direct root of that. This is woman that I've known 15 years; she used to take out her frustrations and fears about life and herself, on herself, I've seen her take this anger out on someone else now for the first time.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, Spooky. I wish she would have talked to someone close and trustworthy before making such life-changing decisions. Awareness of one's own physical/emotional difficulties is a necessary first step, but asking for help with them -- that's almost tougher for a lot of people, though it could mean the difference between healthy recovery and worsening the issues. That would have been the key -- talking to someone truly trustworthy, and asking for help. I hope it's not too late for her. And I'm really sorry for the pain you feel bearing witness to this. hug

I'm solidly against shock therapy, because it was forced on my grandmother 3x (I'm against the reasons for that too; won't get into them here) and she now suffers from dementia -- I believe there's a link.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Spooky: That is a lot for you to deal with. It's always hard when a close friend completely changes and tears apart from your world. I hope something can be worked out for you.

My rant: The new govenor is pissing me off. He is cutting the bridge card for all college students unless you work 20 hours a week or have a baby under 6. There is no way for me to get a job because all of the jobs in this tiny little town are taken by other people. I don't know the exact number, but I'm sure there are 20 plus people wanting one position at any available job. I tried applying for a few and every time I heard the manager tell me they had 200+ resumes so they were just going to pull one out of a hat. I only get $47 a month for my bridge card, but there are some people that get $200 and don't use all of it. Cut down the amount they get, cut the card for those that have mommy and daddy helping them with mony, don't hurt those of us that can't get a job and their parent is being forced to retire because it's either that or get laid off.

You heard me right people, my mom is being forced to retire early because in detroit they are laying off all of their engineers for a cheaper company that doesn't know what they are doing by the end of this month. Because of that I'm going to lose pretty much all of my medical, dental, optical, and perscription insurance until my mom gets her retirement settled which could take 6 months to over a year. She won't be getting any money and might lose the house, our dogs, her car, and everything she had built with my dad, my brothers, our family, and me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
Spooky: That is a lot for you to deal with. It's always hard when a close friend completely changes and tears apart from your world. I hope something can be worked out for you.

My rant: The new govenor is pissing me off. He is cutting the bridge card for all college students unless you work 20 hours a week or have a baby under 6. There is no way for me to get a job because all of the jobs in this tiny little town are taken by other people. I don't know the exact number, but I'm sure there are 20 plus people wanting one position at any available job. I tried applying for a few and every time I heard the manager tell me they had 200+ resumes so they were just going to pull one out of a hat. I only get $47 a month for my bridge card, but there are some people that get $200 and don't use all of it. Cut down the amount they get, cut the card for those that have mommy and daddy helping them with mony, don't hurt those of us that can't get a job and their parent is being forced to retire because it's either that or get laid off.

You heard me right people, my mom is being forced to retire early because in detroit they are laying off all of their engineers for a cheaper company that doesn't know what they are doing by the end of this month. Because of that I'm going to lose pretty much all of my medical, dental, optical, and perscription insurance until my mom gets her retirement settled which could take 6 months to over a year. She won't be getting any money and might lose the house, our dogs, her car, and everything she had built with my dad, my brothers, our family, and me.

Maybe you should move. The city I live in has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation. There's help wanted signs everywhere. (and we have colleges and stuff too)
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Spooky wrote:
nsanelilmunky wrote:

Ok, the person who administered the EST should be dis bared because that is usually reserved for someone suffering severe schizophrenia (type 1 if I recall).
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:53 am

That 5% pay increase that I was supposed to get, that I was told I was gonna get and is all excited about?

Wasn't in my check this week. Why? Apparently I'm not getting it. The reason? It's only to apply to people who've been on the books for at least 6 months. I was hired about a week too late. We'll nevermind I was still there for 3 months prior to my hire under a temporary agency.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:36 am

Madelchai wrote:
That 5% pay increase that I was supposed to get, that I was told I was gonna get and is all excited about?

Wasn't in my check this week. Why? Apparently I'm not getting it. The reason? It's only to apply to people who've been on the books for at least 6 months. I was hired about a week too late. We'll nevermind I was still there for 3 months prior to my hire under a temporary agency.

What???!!!!
Why would they even mention it to you before inquiring thoroughly about the raise in the first place?
I would mention this to the person who said this to you & question why they would say it if it wasn't a correct statement. Agencies like that need to get everything straight before they even open their mouths, in my opinion. I would be livid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:08 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Maybe you should move. The city I live in has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation. There's help wanted signs everywhere. (and we have colleges and stuff too)

I think that's funny because I looked up both my hometown, detroit, and where I'm at now. All three are in the 10% and up range. The only problem is if I leave michigan, I lose the veteran's checks I get that help support me every month. They are doing that so michigan stops losing money.

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Ok, the person who administered the EST should be dis bared because that is usually reserved for someone suffering severe schizophrenia (type 1 if I recall).

Not always. My moms best friend's husband got shock therapy for depression. It royally f**ked him up, but they still allowed it to happen.

My dad had gotten bells palsey (sp?). He lost the function on one half of his face and his hands wouldn't stop shaking. I would go with him to the doctor while he got shock therapy for his face to try and get those muscles to work again.

Madelchai wrote:

That really sucks. I agree with WIR. You should talk to the person that told you that you were going to get it and see why they told you that if they didn't have all of the facts. Maybe they can pull some strings for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
I think that's funny because I looked up both my hometown, detroit, and where I'm at now. All three are in the 10% and up range. The only problem is if I leave michigan, I lose the veteran's checks I get that help support me every month. They are doing that so michigan stops losing money.

Em. Veterans benefits should be national. Even if he was in the state guard, the contract he would have signed was still administered by the national government.

Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Spooky wrote:
nsanelilmunky wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Spooky. My mam had electric shock therapy and it later transpired that she was going through a severe menopause - I could kill the guy who sanctioned her treatment
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 am

WrappedinReflection wrote:
Madelchai wrote:

What???!!!!
Why would they even mention it to you before inquiring thoroughly about the raise in the first place?
I would mention this to the person who said this to you & question why they would say it if it wasn't a correct statement. Agencies like that need to get everything straight before they even open their mouths, in my opinion. I would be livid.

Yeah. It was the Hub Manager who told me it was happening. (The big boss, guy who's responsible for running the entire operation)

Then it wasn't in my check this week, same with a few other people, and he told me what was going on the day after that.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 am

So many of you have made so many nice replies, it's way too much work to quote every one, so here's a little breakdown.

Red: I have this feeling that it is too late; her attitude, new found religion and her demeanor are all so drastically different, it truly is like being around someone completely new. What you mentioned about your grandmother I fear is a telling tale, because forcing a change of on pathways and synapses of the brain, that come this quickly and without normal avenues seems to always end up badly. Humans can do these things themselves with study, meditation, practice, etc; but a night and day change seems to always lead to changes in the person's mind that are destined to end poorly. I feel worse for her husband of all people, he saw this change and dealt with it every day, I'm hoping this project he and I are working on is something positive and profitable for him in the future.

DCGG: Having a friend change is always hard, but this wasn't just a friend who got "cool" in high-school and couldn't be seen with the freaks and geeks anymore. She changed herself on a brain function level, and I love her so much and will always be there for her, but I'm not sure how much of the old her we'll get back.

Ginger: I wish we could hold someone responsible for all this, but that guy/gal who performed the surgery, as much as I think they're a douchebag, at the end of the day they were just doing their job. My friend had to signed the papers and opt for it, they merely suggested it, all that had to have been said was "No" and this first domino would have never been knocked over.

Helen: I feel what you mentioned about your mother is similar to Red's, the reasoning behind and the the outcomes of these "therapies" always lead to a fuzz gray area. Medicine and Surgery are never an exact science, I understand that, but when dealing with the brain, there are so many intangible consequences that are in question. If your surgeon f'd up your nose job or your kidney transplant, you'll know right away due to appearance or feeling. You mess up a brain surgery, there are no physical signs, just emotional changes in the person that can be linked to a plethora of other things in their lives.

So, thanks all my internet gal-pals, I really needed to vent about this some more, and all your replies are valued here on my end. Thanks again.

And Mal... they better have your money...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Spooky wrote:

DCGG:

DCGG Nsane

(just saying tongue )

Well, the whole shock treatment thing sounds so much worse than I thought it was when you first mentioned your friend changing.

I almost went through some type of 'reprogramming' bit in highschool (It involved a computer being hooked up to my brain and making me think differently, but I'm not sure it involved shocking). Reading this, I'm glad I didn't do it even if it cost my parents money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:19 pm

sad or frown I need new headphones again. damnit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next