TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+12
Madelchai
MoonRaven
Vampira132
endless dark
helen damnation
WrappedinReflection
RedAngel
SPF
Ginger_Snaps
deadcoldgothgirl
La Diva Carlotta
QueenbHorror
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:48 pm

^^Whoa whoa whoa!!! What the hell is going on there?! shock

My rant: Yes, I have some credit card bills and I'm behind on paying them. I'm doing the best I can to pay for them. It's my fault in the first place and I'm trying to deal with it. But please, stop nagging me about my bills. If I had the money to pay it all off immediately I would. So unless you're going to help me with the bills, shut the f**k up, okay? The last thing I need is more stress from a nagging spouse.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Another rant: A colleague of mine instructed me to perform one of my work tasks a certain way. I checked with the director of the shelter to see if it was okay, and she was cool with it. One of the higher ups in the agency heard about it and made a big stink. I talked about it with my supervisor (who by the way is new at the agency) and thought I cleared it up.

Yesterday I get an email from her exasperating the issue. In the email she stated that I had not been performing the task at all and that the site director confirmed this.

1. I had been performing the task all along.

2. From the beginning I was never given any proper instructions from my old boss on how to correctly perform the task. I had explained this to my *new* boss who said she understood when I first spoke to her.

3. The site director never said that I had not been performing the task. Instead she stated that I had been doing it all along and she was satisfied with my work.

So, WTF?! This is crazy! I haven't responded to the email. I'm embarrassed about the whole thing. I'm being made to look incompetent. Plus my supervisor appears to be making stuff up. Ugh!

The messed up thing is that I really like my work - interacting with the clients, running groups and workshops, etc. - but the place is so poorly managed and the supervisory staff are so unprofessional that the situation is becoming unbearable. I'm so frustrated. I might start looking for a new job.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 am

^^ I'm so sorry there's such negative stuff coming down on you! hug All of these people need a heavy dose of common sense.

Spouse needs to pull his head out, first off. You've accrued debt, but you are working to pay it down -- of course you are -- why the hell wouldn't you? It doesn't benefit you to just ignore it, and there are people out there who would be so scared to deal that they *would* ignore it. No one's perfect, and that includes Spouse. There are no doubt things about him you'd change if you had the choice, but you also see him for the good he brings to the relationship. So he needs to look at *you* in a more even-handed way, too. He needs some perspective... hell, he could have wound up with your Bridezilla ex-friend. Wink

As for your work -- man, again, these people need perspective too. You would never do anything that would endanger your job or the quality of your work -- why would you? -- and they need to be reminded of that. All you can do is address each point, let them know how things actually happened, and quite frankly call them out on their little fictions. They need to think twice before kicking around one of their most conscientious workers. hug

That said, never hurts to continue the job hunt. Employers' market, my a$$ -- only the best employers are going to retain the best staff.

*That* said... yeah, my job is wrong in so many ways, and I hope I can find a way out soon.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 pm

You know, it's hard to do aerial silks period. It's even harder when there's a niece halfway up my a$$ going "can I try, can I try, can I try" and my parents at the window with a camera hoping I'm going to fall on my a$$.

Yes, I'm that that good at it yet. But guess what? I have extremely limited previous knowledge and the last time I took a class/touched a rig was in freaking January. Let's see you do better.

And also, yes. My niece can do some of the moves better than me, but guess what? She's 10. She's still flexible from youth. I'm trying to build mine back up, but it takes a while. Again, let's see you do better.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7679870
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Went with Michael yesterday to the resort where he goes mountain biking.
Spent all day in the sun.
Go a sun burn on my shoulders and chest :/
Nice day out nonetheless
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7517711
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 pm

Normally I'm not one to get bent out of shape due to weight. However, today I finally got around to unpacking my summer clothing... and nothing fits, except a few elastic-waisted skirts and poet shirts.

I've been going to school and couch surfing, which equated to a lot of junk food, energy drinks, taking public transit (as opposed to walking/cycling), and sitting around doing schoolwork. Pair that with my meds, and fifteen pounds just appeared out of nowhere...
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:32 am

RedAngel wrote:

As for your work -- man, again, these people need perspective too. You would never do anything that would endanger your job or the quality of your work -- why would you? -- and they need to be reminded of that. All you can do is address each point, let them know how things actually happened, and quite frankly call them out on their little fictions. They need to think twice before kicking around one of their most conscientious workers. hug

That said, never hurts to continue the job hunt. Employers' market, my a$$ -- only the best employers are going to retain the best staff.

*That* said... yeah, my job is wrong in so many ways, and I hope I can find a way out soon.

I guess we'll both be job searcing again soon. tongue

Yeah, that place is a bigger mess than I thought it would be. I'm getting the hell out of there as soon as I can. I recognize that no job is perfect, but this place is so dysfunctional it's scary. Oy!

I actually called my old job on Thursday to see what was new. Seriously, if they asked me back (with certain concession/accommodations on their part) I wouldn't think twice about going back. :?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 am

^^^^There's better opportunities in the Midwest, but that would involve the torture of moving here tongue

Mine: Oh sh*t. The French Consulate in Germany is requiring me to write a CV for myself.... IN FRENCH Shocked
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 am

nsanelilmunky wrote:
^^^^There's better opportunities in the Midwest, but that would involve the torture of moving here tongue

Mine: Oh sh*t. The French Consulate in Germany is requiring me to write a CV for myself.... IN FRENCH Shocked

Seriously, If I were single, I wouldn't have a problem relocating.

A CV is easy, but in French? shock I thought the point of you going over there was to continue learning the languages? Is there someone who could translate a CV for you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:24 pm

^^^I found a page that will help me write one, plus I plan on having one of my French professors look it over. But still... WTF.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7559365
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Our air conditioner broke. I am dying fire
And I have to stay here to wait for the repair guy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:38 pm

The transmission in my car blew. Spent about an hour and a half walking down the highway before car #26 stopped to see if I was okay/wanted a ride. it's 92° out and with the humidity, it feels like 97°. I'm sunburnt, somewhat dehydrated, and staying home from work today.

I know I really need the money for my study abroad, but I feel so exhausted right now, I bet I would get heat exhaustion or worse at work if I were to go. sad or frown Maybe I should start sewing my little voodoo dolls and post them on etsy. It won't make up for what I'll loose not working tonight (if they sell at all) but it's something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Oh, and just for a double post of doom...

FUUUU...

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 282906_4177275867317_1627107263_n
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:48 pm

My uncle is in the hospital... third suicide attempt since February. tear This one might be it; not sure he'll make it through the weekend.

I want to say so much more -- in defense of him -- but I'll be here all night if I start.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:57 pm

^^ hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:23 am

Holy sh*t Red, again? Sorry to hear that.

My uncle is also in the hospital, we thought he was having a heart attack, turned out after having him spend two nights and all the testing that entailed, it was something else. Being that he already had a heart attack 8 years ago, we feared the worst, but it's his gallbladder that's acting crazy. Yet, they can't perform the surgery to fix him, because he may have a heart attack during surgery at this point.

This all happened before I found out I have degenerative disc issues in my neck, which are causing more than likely the pain and numbness in my extremities, and the dizziness and poor circulation. So i have to see a neurologist between dentist visits now, to see just how bad my neck is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:25 pm

I had two different people contact me yesterday for help with an assignment due tonight (that we're sorta kinda getting an extension on anyway). Why were people bothering me on a Saturday night for help with schoolwork?! Saturday's the only day of the week I really have to myself. Did these people actually expect me to crack open a school book on a Saturday night?! The horror! Not that I would have been any help anyway, I haven't even looked at the assignment and have no idea what it is that I'm supposed to do. tongue

I should mention that one of these folks has a victim complex and has been posting on Facebook all morning that now she knows who her true friends are and that no one wants to help her blah blah blah. By the way, she hasn't ordered some of the materials we need for class.

Then she wonders why I refuse to room with her during our residency in Minneapolis. meh
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks for the support, Diva and Spooky. hug His kidneys and liver have shut down at this point; that's all I know for now. Mom's getting daily updates and passing them on to me. This is even rougher for her; that's her kid brother.

Spooky, that's awful news about your uncle -- I hope the Drs can find some solution to operate without putting him under physical stress. And I hope your Drs can help you, too -- I know the med bills are not what you need right now, but better to find the disc problems now than further down the road.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7679870
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your uncle Red...yours too Spooky.
Hugs to you both hug hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6149720
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Red & Spooky- You guys are going through a lot right now, I'm so sorry. Wishing you both strength and positive outcomes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7559365
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 pm

I agree with Queen, Red & Spooky. Hoping the best for you both hug
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:15 am

Thanks everyone,
My uncle seems in much better health and in a better state of mind now, everyone was pretty worried, his recently divorced ex-wife even came by.

I've got another series of doctor visits all set up, just waiting now for the most important which is the neurology work which I'm trying to set up at an actual hospital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:53 am

I need to stop reading about relationships because it always depresses me to be reminded that I will be single for in perpetuity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 pm

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 12uggies

This is what my wedding photo would look like--exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7517711
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:14 am

I accidentally fried the graphics card on Will's laptop by running Minecraft and Pandora at the same time. I feel really guilty, and like I should pay to repair/replace it, but I don't have the money for that.

I could get a job (and my 'rents are kind of pushing me to do that...) but there are a few issues with that. Mainly that I am bad at time management and don't know how easily I can balance school and work come the fall. I will only be going to school part-time, but I'll also be completing my thesis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next