TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion

Go down 
+15
helen damnation
Succubus
Glamboy
endless dark
angelofthenight
Vampira132
GhostRed
SPF
retroscope
beautyindecay
Synth
Siddicus Rex
La Diva Carlotta
Ginger_Snaps
ravengrim
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352
Registration date : 2008-07-23

An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 pm

Glamboy wrote:
Well on this topic a few of the biggest alternative clothing labels (Criminal damage, Living dead Souls) are actually producing lines for some high street retailers like Primark

Ooo intrguing, where did you hear this. Has it started yet?

I am not a big fan of those labels BUT cheep gothy clothing is good
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:55 pm

Only goths know what goth is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:25 pm

^YAY!!!

FINALLY, someone with some sense! clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Only goths know what goth is.

This is the most truthful thing ever said. I, for one, would never try and design "preppy" clothing.... I wouldn't even know where to begin. I know MY culture... I don't mess with the others... I wouldn't dare insult them by even pretending to know the first thing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat
Number of posts : 126
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7589183

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:53 pm

retroscope wrote:
Ugh...when are they going to learn that most goths like silver, not gold? Gold crosses clash with the buckles and spikes LOL

Here's a link to Giles Deacon's where they say "nowhere is the goth vein more evident". If this is what they are calling "goth", then I really think we have no worries. Since when is wearing a blue square sequin dress with a bit of black gauze wrapped around your face considered "goth"? This looks like something a Hollywood starlet would do if she walked into a goth club on Sunset at the spur of the moment after an awards show. Am I crazy or do the shoes not even remotely match?

Giles Deacon Fall 2008

An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 29

Lol, you got that right! Besides, with that sheer black fabric over her face, she looks like she's going to rob some place and end up on the dumb criminals list for the dress and heels.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Bjevig

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 pm

ravengrim wrote:
It's so nice when someone else agrees with us.

"looks more like mr. T’s style to me."
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 2ajugar

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:12 pm

Here's what I found from Betsey Johnson that looked remotely gothic. Most of her looks for the season are 60's/mod. In one of the pictures, there's an eyeful of something much more than I bargained for.
Look 1

Look 2

Look 3

Look 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 pm

^In two of the photos, actually....! shock The first has a first degree Wedgie-Picker ~!
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 am

Holy crap, I didn't notice that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 7540492
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:14 am

I guess when the mood strikes you and you got that feeling no place better to do it then on the runway Laughing
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Evil10

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:14 pm

You know, if the mainstream just kept "Victorian mourning" into mind, they might just goth a tiny bit right. Just as "not all that glitters is gold," is not all that is black is goth.
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:52 am

I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:46 am

Siddicus Rex wrote:
Here's what I found from Betsey Johnson that looked remotely gothic. Most of her looks for the season are 60's/mod. In one of the pictures, there's an eyeful of something much more than I bargained for.
Look 1

Look 2

Look 3

Look 4

I prefer the first set of images posted here myself. I think these are cheesy, and lacking depth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:58 am

ravengrim wrote:
An article on what Goth Fashion is and isn't.

Pretty interesting.

But beware! "Not all black clothes are gothic," Steele says, "nor are all gothic fashions black." Gothic is more than a colour; according to Steele, it's an esthetic that embraces the many moods and meanings of black: death, defiance, devilry, and dandyism. Victorian mourning gowns of mauve are gothic; so, too, are memento mori such as skulls and skeletons.

Well it's ABOUT darned TIME someone got it right! headbang
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
More Numbers : 7572171
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:24 pm

well all the items manufactured by the big labels for chain stores are really not goth at all. More along the lines of cheap corset tops and trashy hoodies.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Dude, this just came to me, you know that song "I Like Girls that Wear Abercrombie & Fitch"? Well, if AF goes "goth" then that video can be made in a goth club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Dude, this just came to me, you know that song "I Like Girls that Wear Abercrombie & Fitch"? Well, if AF goes "goth" then that video can be made in a goth club.

Ohhh.... ugghh ... *bleck bleck blehhh* sick

dead

^Over my dead body.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 pm

ravengrim wrote:
An article on what Goth Fashion is and isn't.

Pretty interesting.

I really enjoyed that article. Now I feel rich, privileged and evil all at the same time! naughty

I did read an article today about Bob Geldof's daughters "dressing goth" but somehow I can't find the link now - probably just as well because they just looked stupid!
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

dead

^Over my dead body.
What if they have a VNV Nation mix of the song, will that make it better?
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:02 pm

endless dark wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

dead

^Over my dead body.
What if they have a VNV Nation mix of the song, will that make it better?

Laughing

Nope... not even the brilliant workings of Ronan and Mark can save that one. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 pm

beautyindecay wrote:
Fall fashion always has a goth influence to it.

Yay for me!!!!

My peak shopping times are in the fall, when the stores carry everything in black and lace.

This is such a true story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:47 pm

A Blog Post On The Gothic Fashion Parade

It was part of the Under The Blue Moon festival.Sounds like an interesting festival.Too bad it was in Australia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:20 pm

^Woot woot for that little purple latex number! heart scream

How cool! I really hope I can go to one of these things.... my DREAM would be Wave Gothik Treffen, though.... or Mera Luna (Do they do a fashion show there, though...? wtf Not sure...) ....or Black Sun Festival *dies* dead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion   An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Interesting If Depressing Article About Designers And Goth Fashion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next