TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Clothing Maketh The Goth?

Go down 
+3
Morwenna
Ginger_Snaps
ravengrim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Clothing Maketh The Goth? Empty
PostSubject: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:32 pm

Clothing Maketh the Goth?

I never really knew about this attack that happened in 2006.I find it strange that the person who attacked these people and caused a huge ammount of medical bills was allowed to finish their term in the Navy before senencing ever began.
This man may be sentenced sometime this November.

sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:48 pm

I too never heard that story. Just because someone wears all black does not make them goth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Not to us,it doesn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:20 pm

"Howard, a member of the Gothic Volunteer Alliance, says his organization provides community services such as fundraisers for the SPCA, the Humane Society, and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. The group takes part in graffiti removal, voter-registration drives, and its next beach cleanup takes place August 3 at South Mission Beach."

Oooo, yeah... "scary Goths" indeed. We are the real plague on the streets, no doubt! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:55 pm

To piggy back off of this, a school in Alabama has banned all gothic apparel (i.e all black even if it is school issued clothing).
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7589426
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 pm

I wish they would pass a bill to protect against lifestyle discrimination. Then again if I went to that Alabama school I'd find ways around that rule. What? Goths can wear color too. Wink Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:01 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
To piggy back off of this, a school in Alabama has banned all gothic apparel (i.e all black even if it is school issued clothing).

Oh yeah...What are they going to do? Beat the Goth out of them?

Any school in this area tries that crap, I'll be the first one waltzing through the doors (my school or not), decked to the nines. Just TRY and stop me from "corrupting the minds of the youth". I freakin' dare 'em. teeter
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:03 pm

We truely are a minority since we have no legal protection. A school or any public or private company can not discriminate against blacks, latinos, Asians, gays, Jews, and the likes but goths are up for the taking. We have little to no recourse (where is the ACLU when you need them?).
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

Oh yeah...What are they going to do? Beat the Goth out of them?

Any school in this area tries that crap, I'll be the first one waltzing through the doors (my school or not), decked to the nines. Just TRY and stop me from "corrupting the minds of the youth". I freakin' dare 'em. teeter

When I watched it on the news yesterday a girl spoke about how about 90% of her wardrobe is black, so they will just have to keep writing her up (she looked to be Scene). Another woman said that this really peeved her because most parents did their shopping before school started (the announcement came after it started) and can't afford to go out and buy new clothes. This really set me to paint my nails black last night. (I think I will have to go to Wal-Mart and get me some black stick on nails because I hate painting my nails and the paint never last more than a couple of hours.)
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:48 pm

That principal did clarify his former statement.However,it really doesn't make him look any better.Principal denies saying no one can wear black clothing.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Ok...so if the policy has been in the handbooks for years, why is it just now that there was a brouhaha over black clothing. As far as I know, teachers can't send a child home without the notification of the principle, and the little girl featured in the waff article was sent home for wearing her black outfit. The picture doesn't show her full outfit but you can clearly see rhinestones on her top and her bottom was a pair of black lycra skinny pants; she was also wearing black tennis shoes with white socks.
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7572171
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Well it actually makes sense getting schoolkids used to wearing colourful clothing. Because if they're focusing on what kids wear instead of education then they're all gonna end up in bright fast food chain uniforms.
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Morwenna wrote:
I wish they would pass a bill to protect against lifestyle discrimination. Then again if I went to that Alabama school I'd find ways around that rule. What? Goths can wear color too. Wink Cool

Same here. I loves my bright neon colors. grin People are too stupid and close minded to realize that Goths aren't limited to wearing just black. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Glamboy wrote:
Well it actually makes sense getting schoolkids used to wearing colourful clothing. Because if they're focusing on what kids wear instead of education then they're all gonna end up in bright fast food chain uniforms.

Absolute WIN. clap
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:39 pm

I didnt dress totally in black today - I wore some purple too

Now I'm not a goth anymore tear whistle

As I said in another thread, being gothic is deep within you and is part of who and what you are. Nobody can "turn" goth, it's something that I believe you are born with

Jolly glad I didnt get the Barbie gene then! vamp
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Clothing Maketh The Goth? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:00 am

My mom wears black now because my grandmother died.
Does that make her goth now??? hahahah

Stupid people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clothing Maketh The Goth?   Clothing Maketh The Goth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clothing Maketh The Goth?
Page 1 of 1