TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Make up help! I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Make up help!

Go down 
+3
purpleluna
GhostRed
Synth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Make up help! S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 pm

https://2img.net/h/i30.photobucket.com/albums/c321/syntheticdrkness/100_1037-1.jpg

blue and orange I am thinking but how?!

And what can I do about my eyebrows?! I can't shave them but the look poop!

Images, tutorials

AND I need to know how to do foundation properly

Synth

xxx
Back to top Go down

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:35 pm

*claps* Yay I love easy ones! Okay babe... here we go. First things first-- congrats on finally getting your wig~! It's lovely.

For your foundation, make sure to moisturize your face before hand. Then, put a little foundation on the hand(add a complimentary tone if necessary...since it usually is hard to find foundation in the lighter tones Goths need! I use Loreal True Match in Cool Porcelian (01)).

Dot it over the face-on the nose, the cheeks, the chin and the temples and in between the brows.Use the tips of two fingers or a foundation brush (these look like this---> http://www.arianepoole.com/shop/images/foundation-brush.jpg )...or a makeup sponge if you prefer. Blend in the foundation. Always work from the face outwards, to avoid an accumulation of the foundation around the hairline. And make sure to blend a little down towards your neck, to avoid that scary line! Embarassed You can also take the foundation over the eyelids, before you do your eye makeup-- it helps the shadows to stick better. I do this, in addition to adding a base colour (like a taupe or light shimmer) of cream shadow to make my makeup last through the day.

Moving on to your eyes!

I would not suggest trying to do BOTH orange and blue makeup. The colours work well on your wig, but you don't want to overdo it. I found this---> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVmjZsoMfQ&feature=related tutorial... which I think is a simple enough, but still cute look. If you REALLY want to add blue in there somewhere though, you could always switch out black mascara for a navy or sky mascara-- so that just when you blink the difference peeks through.

As far as your eyebrows go... take it from a girl who did the scarily-over-tweezed route... go gentle! It's SO easy to get carried away! If I were you, I'd just pluck a SLIGHT arch (follow your finger along your brow bone to figure out exactly where... it should be about 3/4ths along your eye)... and use a clear mascara (drugstore Maybelliene works well!) to keep them in place.

There! You are done and fabulous! Very Happy Thanks for reading all this!
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Make up help! Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Look at our resident makeup pro! I also suggest with the eyebrows---go get them waxed at the salon (if you think you can't do it). Its only about 10 bucks here...I'm sure its not more in the UK. When you get that done, DO use the clear mascara Kasha talked about...OR you can get some eyebrow wax that his a color to it. I think a nice, even-looking brow really makes or breaks your look. That comes from filling in with some sort of color.
Back to top Go down

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:44 pm

^I was waiting for you to see this post! Very Happy (I don't have your professional expertise-- but I think I do alright! Glad to see I covered the right bases! *phew!*)
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Make up help! Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

^^Haha, I finally have a few moments at my hectic job---so I can now peruse my MBs! And you know you have just as much (if not more) knowledge than any professional!

Oh...also, some false lashes would look DELISH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:53 pm

^Thank you... Smile

And ACK! How could I forget about the lashes! You could even get THOSE in blue, and kill two birds with one stone, so to speak~!

(If you do want to try your hand at it Synth, watch this tute first... there is NOTHING worse than trying to apply lashes, and getting it wrong-- and having to pick that glue off your freshly done makeup! ACK!)

How to Apply False Eyelashes

Okay, I think I'm done now. silent It's just too much fun to talk about-- I get carried away. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
purpleluna
purpleluna

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 103
More Numbers : 7578644
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:01 pm

If you don't want to wax your eyebrows some places will pluck them for you. I think akasha has covered most things. I only wear foundation on my eyelids to help with trying to keep eyeshadow in place and will sometimes use concealer on the face if needed.
If you don't mind me saying you do have lovely lips so play them up with a slightly darker color.
Have a play with different colors of eyeshadow that way you'll know what colors will be good on you.Me personally, I would wear a blue eyeshadow to bring out the blue in the falls.
On the subject of fake eyelashes I saw some lovely ones the other day that had feathers on the ends. Hope I have been some help.

Last edited by purpleluna on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Make up help! 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 pm

I'd go with waxing every time for eyebrows, it's just quicker and you get a better arch. Talking of which I'm very overdue an appointment with my waxing lady who strangely enough is not called Wendy! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks for all the help kids I will try and get my eyebrows done tomorrow

I have some falsie eyelashes all lined up ready sadly they aren't blue I wish I could find some blue though. I will keep an eye out for them.

I will post pics of how it goes.

Synth

xxx
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:50 pm

^Very nice~! Smile Are you happy with it? That is the most important part!
Back to top Go down
purpleluna
purpleluna

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 103
More Numbers : 7578644

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Make up help! 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7579292

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 am

I know you already finished your look but like everyone said plucking helps. Also, if you want to make your eyebrows more defined you can fill them in with some eye brow shadow (or regular eye shadow for a fast find) that matches your color. I think ghost red mentioned eyebrow wax also.
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl
chelseagirl

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 311
More Numbers : 7572291
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:56 am

Looks good, but I think you should fill in and darken your brows a little. Smile
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks alot kids!!

Although Now I am all dressed up but really nervous!!

ARGH!

I always get like this before going out... especially on in the scene. Oh dear!

calm calm calm!!
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Make up help! Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 8:41 am

^^ Why what you getting all dolled up for Synth?
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:15 am

Possesion in Bournemouth.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:58 pm

I for once need makeup help!!!

Has anyone used this product before? Or ordered from this website. The price is so good, but is it good quality?

http://www.beauties-factory.com/unlimitshop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=110
Back to top Go down

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:37 pm

^Can't say personally.... but from first look, it looks like crap quality. I zoomed in on the eye palettes, and the shadows appear to have a decent consistency. I LOVE the colours.... but I can't speak for the quality. :\
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^Can't say personally.... but from first look, it looks like crap quality. I zoomed in on the eye palettes, and the shadows appear to have a decent consistency. I LOVE the colours.... but I can't speak for the quality. :\

Ya, it looks like crap, but I when I was browsing youtube makeup tutorials (I am makeup crazy) for fun, I noticed that all these people were using the that makeup pallet. Also, the people I was watching were doing a well with their makeup too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Make up help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make up help!   Make up help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make up help!
Page 1 of 1