TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Ultimate Make-up Tips

Go down 
+12
La Diva Carlotta
Siddicus Rex
deadcoldgothgirl
Synth
albinasamara
ravengrim
lollirot
GhostRed
Katànya
angelofthenight
Ginger_Snaps
Vampira132
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Ultimate Make-up Tips Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:26 am

Share with us a few tips on....

* How to make, make-up last longer
* Eye Make-up tutorials
* Your own tips
* Professional tips
* What are the best make-up products that you have tried

Give us a few links to websites that sell the product you are telling us about.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Well, one way to make pencil eye liner stay in place longer is to place powder on your face first then apply the liner.

I was advised to put foundation on a sponge because the oil from your fingers will make the makeup unnecessarily oily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:07 am

^The only reason I rarely do that is because the sponge acts like a...well, a sponge and soaks up the foundation... it's wasteful. I usually just wash my hands thoroughly right before applying.

My rule of thumb: Chapstick works for nearly everything. It makes a great primer, and is alot cheaper than buying professional primers. Just go easy with it!

Sticking your face in the freezer after applying makeup also helps to keep it in place for a bit longer than normal..especially in the summer!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 am

I can imagine my parents if they saw me sticking my face in a fridge. Shocked
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:41 am

I always like to use a primer first to make sure my eye shadow shows up really bright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Katànya
Katànya

Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 51
More Numbers : 7589140
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:57 am

Another way to keep eyeliner on (esp on the waterline) is to dip your khol pencil into black mac fluidline and then draw it on. Keeps in place so well, and if you're like me and wears glasses, it doesn't smudge off over your frames.

Also, putting vaseline on your lips and then gently scrubbing it off with an old toothbrush or face flannel makes your lips really nice and smooth, and makes those wonderful dark matte lipsticks apply smoother.
Back to top Go down
http://lenlenchan.ath.cx
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:51 am

I always brush my lips when I brush my teeth, Katanya! It makes all the difference in the world, you're right!

This is my tip: in order to keep your eyebrows on, spray hairspray on the them. I use liquid eyeliner to do mine, but it would help for kohl, too. Just make sure to cover your eyes first!
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7589256

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Wow, so much I didn't know...especially the lips thing! Great tips, gals, keep it up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Brushing your lips keeps them plump and sloffs off the dead skin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:43 pm

GhostRed wrote:
I always brush my lips when I brush my teeth, Katanya! It makes all the difference in the world, you're right!

This is my tip: in order to keep your eyebrows on, spray hairspray on the them. I use liquid eyeliner to do mine, but it would help for kohl, too. Just make sure to cover your eyes first!

I'm always looking for tips on how to keep 'em in place, but most sites and resources don't talk about it (it's not "normal"...) tongue

But I am curious about this hairspray trick... wouldn't that clog your pores and cause one to break out more? That's the reason I'm always so careful with hairspray/conditioner/et cetera... my skin is super hyper sensitive to everything! Suggestions, Ghost?
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 pm

With the eyebrow thing,you can spray a bit of hairspray on an eyebrow brush and brush them into place.
I don't know about brows that are drawn on though.
I know all about sensitive skin too,regular foundation makes me break out.
I can't use liquid make-up because of all the additives,I had to choose between mineral make -up or none at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 pm

^What mineral makeup brand do you use...? I'm testing out Physician's Formula stuff at the moment (the bottles are pretty, and I've been using their lipglosses for years...so I figured I'd test their new stuff out)...

So far, I'm not seeing much of a difference. But then, I still have finicky teenage skin. :(
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
GhostRed wrote:

I'm always looking for tips on how to keep 'em in place, but most sites and resources don't talk about it (it's not "normal"...) tongue

But I am curious about this hairspray trick... wouldn't that clog your pores and cause one to break out more? That's the reason I'm always so careful with hairspray/conditioner/et cetera... my skin is super hyper sensitive to everything! Suggestions, Ghost?

Queh, yes, that is true, its not exactly great for the skin. Luckily, my eyebrow region doesn't seem to break out much and my fringe covers up half of my forehead. But, you know, there are tons of brands of hairspray that are made of natural ingredients that probably wouldn't bother your skin! I usually use all-natural products, but I admit, I am an Aquanet addict. Also, I used kohl liner for years for the brows, but it would ALWAYS smudge or melt away. I've since switched to liquid, that stuff stays in place unless I really rub my fingers on it. Which one do you use?
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^What mineral makeup brand do you use...? I'm testing out Physician's Formula stuff at the moment (the bottles are pretty, and I've been using their lipglosses for years...so I figured I'd test their new stuff out)...

So far, I'm not seeing much of a difference. But then, I still have finicky teenage skin. :(

I use Coconut Bay Mineral Makeup
http://www.coconutbaycosmetics.com/shop/forum/
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 pm

I like using glitter pigments for eye shadow. They're bright and they look great when going out for a night on the town. They're great for balls and romantic evenings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:53 pm

GhostRed wrote:
Queh, yes, that is true, its not exactly great for the skin. Luckily, my eyebrow region doesn't seem to break out much and my fringe covers up half of my forehead. But, you know, there are tons of brands of hairspray that are made of natural ingredients that probably wouldn't bother your skin! I usually use all-natural products, but I admit, I am an Aquanet addict. Also, I used kohl liner for years for the brows, but it would ALWAYS smudge or melt away. I've since switched to liquid, that stuff stays in place unless I really rub my fingers on it. Which one do you use?

I lightly line them out, then go over them with liquid (using just pencil never worked well for me, either). As far as drugstore brands go (I'm really only careful about brands when it comes to face/powder products)... I'm really loving Almay Amazing i-Liner right now... the brush is perfect for control.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 pm

ravengrim wrote:
Akasha'sMistake wrote:

I use Coconut Bay Mineral Makeup
http://www.coconutbaycosmetics.com/shop/forum/

Never heard of that one before! I will be sure to check it out ~ thanks Raven!
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 pm

I use Almay i-liner, too! I live and die by that stuff. I've tried other stuff and it seriously does not cut it. I will keel over if they ever discontinue it. What you're doing is the best thing for keeping your brows on that I know of. That, putting powder and foundation on first (you can use a foundation brush if you don't like the sponge), and the hairspray thing is about the extent of my eyebrow-stay-puttage knowledge so far!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 pm

^Small world! Very Happy I actually found an overstock of it at a bargain-bin store a week ago (black i-Liners for a buck each!) I got so excited and bought like ten. Very Happy

I do use a foundation brush instead (I hate the thought of wasting makeup on a sponge when I can't afford to, plus sponges are harder to clean than brushes... I feel gross using a sponge, unless it's for spot jobs like concealer).

My mother keeps telling me I should just call it a day and go to Beauty school. Hell, I'm tempted... I feel like I NEED to give the girls in my school a seminar on how to properly apply makeup... the horrid tricks I see... YUCK. Half of them look like they used crayons.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 12:35 am

I'd buy ten too, even if I don't wear makeup that often.
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7590716

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:11 am

I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion on my eyes...It's the only stuff that works on me for more than 4 hours. Some of the other primers only do the job for a few hours. My eyelids are so yucky oily....

For pencil liners, I stick the pencil in between my boobs to warm it up while I'm putting on my other eye makeup...since I always put liner on last. It helps soften it up so it glides on smoother :-)

I've also been using Neutrogena's SPF45 moisturizer on my face...and in the summer I don't use much face makeup. Since it gets so hot here it's a pain putting on makeup in the summer. Of course, always put makeup on a clean, moisturized face. I try to let my moisturizer soak in for 5-10 minutes before I start on my makeup.

For lipstick...I find that if I use a matching stain, then the lipstick, it helps it to stay on longer. Also lipsticks that are "matte" have more pigment in them and will stay on longer, but are a bit drying. After I put on my lipstick, I put my finger in my mouth then draw it out with my lips around it to take off any lipstick that might get on the inside of my lips and therefore on my teeth :-)

Now a question...I am thinking about taking off my eyebrows completely and just drawing them in. Does anyone have any tips/recommendations/horror stories for this?

Last edited by albinasamara on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding another tip)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 6:36 am

If your eyeliners snap when you sharpen them pop 'em in the fridge for a lil bit before you sharpen them
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:37 am

albinasamara: Oh man, what a great idea! I'm now totally putting my eyeliner between my boobs! grin As for your brows: DO IT! Akasha and I can both tell you that you will never go back! It looks just to fabulous to go back to hairy brows. I will say this, I suggest you shave them if you think you might ever want real brows again. I waxed mine of for about four years and when I did grow them back one, well, let's just say they didn't grow back much. Also, its so much easier to just stand in the shower and swipe 'em off with a razor than to get your waxing kit off!

Kasha: In junior year of high school I went to cosmetology school. It turns out that it was almost all hair and ONE chapter on makeup. Which doesn't sound too horrible until you realize that you'll be doing bowl cuts all day and will likely have to deal with people with nasty scalp diseases. So, point is, check with the school for the curriculum before you make a commitment (unless you want to do hair, too).

And, oh man, Synth, I am def going to put my liner in the fridge now. Mine always break off!
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 pm

More expensive pencils that you don't have to sharpen tend to last longer during the day and keep it's look better. I have maybalene.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7590716

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:18 am

Ghost: Glad to help :-)

I might take the eyebrow plunge this weekend but I am pretty scared. I've got them tweezed pretty thin right now but...it's a big step to take :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Make-up Tips
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next