TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Ultimate Make-up Tips

Go down 
+12
La Diva Carlotta
Siddicus Rex
deadcoldgothgirl
Synth
albinasamara
ravengrim
lollirot
GhostRed
Katànya
angelofthenight
Ginger_Snaps
Vampira132
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:29 am

^^Just do it! If you shave them and you really don't like it, they will grow back pretty quickly. But you'll like it!! grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:44 am

GhostRed wrote:
albinasamara: Oh man, what a great idea! I'm now totally putting my eyeliner between my boobs! grin As for your brows: DO IT! Akasha and I can both tell you that you will never go back! It looks just to fabulous to go back to hairy brows. I will say this, I suggest you shave them if you think you might ever want real brows again. I waxed mine of for about four years and when I did grow them back one, well, let's just say they didn't grow back much. Also, its so much easier to just stand in the shower and swipe 'em off with a razor than to get your waxing kit off!

I definitely, DEF second this. I never ever will go back (not that I have much choice now! Laughing)...it really is NOT hard to do/maintain at all, and it makes you look SO much more "kept". Plus, you can play with them...angle them, thin, thick..whatever your fancy! Eyebrows really do "make the look" of your face...and getting rid of the gross ones we are born with opens up alot of doors for makeup-play!

GhostRed wrote:
Kasha: In junior year of high school I went to cosmetology school. It turns out that it was almost all hair and ONE chapter on makeup. Which doesn't sound too horrible until you realize that you'll be doing bowl cuts all day and will likely have to deal with people with nasty scalp diseases. So, point is, check with the school for the curriculum before you make a commitment (unless you want to do hair, too).

Oh lordy no. I really never even entertained the thought...all I've ever wanted to be was a teacher. It would be loads of fun -- I LOVE learning tricks of the trade I don't already know --- but I doubt I would learn anything of real use to an alternative gal like myself. Like you said... lots of bowl cuts and pale pink eyeshadow is not really MY idea of beauty. I would rather shave them bald before doing that. At least there would be hope then for a fuschia wig. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7590716
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:04 am

I really want to but I am getting hung up on some things, like now that it's summer (and it gets really hot here)
what if my brow liner smudges or sweats off? Do I just use black eyeliner pencil? eek!

Also, I've been wanting to go to esthetician school but it doesn't work with my work schedule and I can't afford to work only part time, so I'm very sad about that. I really like doing makeup and learning about different techniques :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 6:20 am

ALRIGHT I did it. I waxed/plucked them off. Here's a pic for proof:

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/albinasamara/031.jpg

They are a bit red right now so once they calm down I will try drawing some stuff on. Wheeee!
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:57 am

You did it!! Yay!! I can't wait to see pics of your darling new brows. As far as drawing them on: use a regular eyeliner pencil to make a "base" coat for them. Then trace over that with liquid eyeliner. It will make them more crisp and last longer. And when you get sweaty, just remember you have painted eyebrows--no touching! If you don't touch them, they shouldn't go anywhere. I always carry some eyeliner with me anyway, just in case.

Akasha, I just keeping thinking about what an adorable teacher you'd be! Wish you could have been my teacher! You'll have the best eyebrows in school! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm starting to think I should shave my eyebrows and draw the on, so that way they match my sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:17 pm

He he he, GhostRed and I are starting a trend! YAY!

Congrats, Albina! I promise you won't regret it. And if by some AMAZING chance you do... hair grows back. (I rather wish it didn't...it would save me from the maintenance!)

*chants in whispers to Ginger*

Do it, do it...do it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 5:20 pm

GhostRed wrote:
Akasha, I just keeping thinking about what an adorable teacher you'd be! Wish you could have been my teacher! You'll have the best eyebrows in school! Wink

Aw, thank you. blush I really do think I have decided that as my chosen path... I had SO much fun being a camp counselor this summer, and surprisingly, most of the kids (except a few snot-nose boys who didn't care for me because I had to stop them from doing dumb boyish things) flocked to me. (I was worried even at my most "toned down", they would be afraid of me!) Embarassed It was a great experience... I love kids. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siddicus Rex
Siddicus Rex

Leo Rat
Number of posts : 126
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7589183

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:49 am

I could use all the makeup help I can get. I'm not very good at it. I have no idea how some goths do such gorgeous and intricate makeup.
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:23 am

Practice, practice. I got myself some makeup books and that really helped me. I have Kevyn Aucoin's books and a couple others. Do it every day or almost every day and you will get better.

Also go to the MAC counter and ask them for a makeover with the kind of look you want. Bring a picture if that would help. (Be sure to bring $5 or so for a tip, or at least buy one thing like an eyeshadow) Tell them you need a lot of help and would like an explanation of every step.

Esp. with eyeliner it helps to have a steady hand, and if you don't then just practice! Rest the heel of your hand against your cheek for stability. Start with pencil and then work up to liquid.

Also, here's a pic of my eyebrows yesterday:

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/albinasamara/010-2.jpg

I wiped them off twice at work today without thinking...I will have to train myself to scratch carefulle when I have an itch!
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 am

^^Your eyebrows look great! They look wonderfully even for not having done it before! They suit you very nicely!

One note about the MAC counter--I know, at least around here, you need to make an appointment to get anything done there now. The one here is booked up for 6 months. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm

I would imagine drawing eyebrows on isn't all that difficult (other than keeping them even).
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Yeah, I guess its that keeping it even part is what some people find difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:59 pm

It really helps a lot to just learn the unique contours of your face... that's why applying makeup to your own face is often times easier than doing someone else's makeup. I see it too often-- girls rubbing dark eyeshadow all the way up to their brow bone, using no fading or value technique... and end up looking dead. And not in the sexy Siouxsie way.

I never draw mine at a "natural" level.. (What fun is THAT?!)...but I do keep an eye on where my natural brow bone is. I usually do the beginning arch (angled upwards) first on either eye, and then go back and do the downward arch that follows the natural brow bone line. It helps A LOT in keeping things even. And of course, practice practice practice! It really DOES make perfect, in this case!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Perhaps wearing some kind of glasses will help in drawing them on (for leveling).
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:59 am

GhostRed wrote:
^^Your eyebrows look great! They look wonderfully even for not having done it before! They suit you very nicely!

One note about the MAC counter--I know, at least around here, you need to make an appointment to get anything done there now. The one here is booked up for 6 months. Shocked

Ha ha! Around here they practically beg to do your face. I was almost chased down by one of their sales people once. It's funny...yet sad. Neutral
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Thanks for the compliments everyone :-)

Well I am doing ok on my eyebrows....yesterday I had such trouble keeping them on and I had to reapply them like 3 times...argh. And I had trouble getting them even too. Does anyone use those eyebrow stencils to help? Any other tips?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Did you use pencil or liquid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:08 am

^If it really is a big pain for you, stencils might be something to look into. Just be careful, because unless you want the exact shape the stencil IS (which is usually a very large brow, with a slight "natural" curve)...you will still have to work a bit at keeping things level, since I assume you wouldn't be "colouring in" the whole stencil size.

(I'm also assuming you are using just pencil, since they are smudging easily...? That method never worked for me! Practice using pencil, and then tracing over with liner. It helps A LOT.) Wink

The brows really do suit you, though! You look great!
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:31 am

Thanks Akasha :-)

I am using pencil...I've tried using my eyeshadow primer under it and that seems to help....I will probably go with liquid once I get better. I had to practice a LOT with liquid liner to line my eyes and I think it will be the same with the eyebrows, I don't have very steady hands. In the meantime, I just have to train myself to keep my hands off my forehead!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:27 am

^Aw... as in the case with makeup, practice really does make perfect. Do you like them though? That's what matters!! After I first got rid of mine, I was thrilled.

After a while, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. It just takes time. Wink
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:52 am

If you feel funny about the liquid, the most amazing pencil liner is Revlon Colorfast. It kind of "grips" to your skin as you put it on so the pencil doesn't slip everywhere and go flying up your forehead and it stays on so well and is a great, deep black!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:15 am

GhostRed wrote:
If you feel funny about the liquid, the most amazing pencil liner is Revlon Colorfast. It kind of "grips" to your skin as you put it on so the pencil doesn't slip everywhere and go flying up your forehead and it stays on so well and is a great, deep black!

^I second this. I would also suggest Rimmel pencils, because they are nowhere near as soft as regular eye pencils. Seriously... I have no idea how one even uses those on their eyes. I could never get the darned thing to glide over my waterline properly.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 pm

Max Factor (Click) have brought out a new liquid eye linner and has produced some videos to create different eye make-up looks.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:54 pm

^Thank you Vampira! I love watching these things.... not because they ever tell me anything I don't know (grin)...but because I like watching technique. And accents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Make-up Tips   Ultimate Make-up Tips - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Make-up Tips
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next