TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

smokers vs non

Go down 
+15
squeakychewtoy
Maxmordon
Ginger_Snaps
GhostRed
MoonRaven
*Morbid Doll*
endless dark
BadArt23
Synth
lollirot
La Diva Carlotta
Vampira132
Succubus
angelofthenight
shortpsycho
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

smoker vs non
i smoke
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_lcap34%smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 34% [ 11 ]
ive done it before
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_lcap16%smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
i quit
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
EWWWW
smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_lcap47%smokers vs non - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : smokers vs non - Page 3 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7529988
Registration date : 2008-08-29

smokers vs non - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 pm

ArrogantLoki wrote:
As an avid smoker and trying to quit:

I've smoked since I was 11 years old, not regularly until I was fifteen, when I stopped being asked for an ID card (I've always looked older than I am and carried myself better than most kids did). I've quit twice, once on purpose, once forced. The first time was after a move to a new home and trying to start things out anew with a better life, I had quit for two months; it was HARD. I couldn't ride in vehicles with people that smoked because it started to make me extremely sick very quickly. Finally I gave up when I went into a bar, and someone ordered some drink that came with a cigarette, and it was offered to me, and I took it.

The second time was in boot camp. You're not allowed to smoke the whole time you're going through basic training. They say after 3 days you don't need the nicotine anymore, and after a week you stop getting the urge. It's all lies. I would lay in my rack for hours after bed (taps) and think about smoking, and go through withdrawals. It was easier to quit illegal drugs than it was to quit smoking. Of course like an idiot the first day out of basic I went and bought my old brand and smoked three in a row.

Now I'm trying to quit again, four years later. It's hell. I've told everyone to take the cigarette away from me, if they can, when they see me smoking. So far only a few have, and it literally makes my eyes well up with tears when it happens. It's a hard habit to quit for someone who went from a regular 2, sometimes 3 packs a day, to almost nothing.

I've been offered dip, and I only realise that the problem with using things like that, is you become dependant of the item you fall back on to help you quit only starting a vicious cycle. The same with patches and the gum.

Now, I'm probably one of those rare cases where smoking hasn't 'obviously' affected my health, as I can run a mile and a half in under 9 minutes with no problem. But I'm sure it's killing my insides. This time I really want to quit but the oral fixation that comes with smoking is a real killer too. I find myself sitting on watch and chewing on EVERYTHING and for anyone with pets that chew on cables, pens, pencils etc know this can be annoying. Not to mention I'm worried about the fact that 2/3 of the people that quit smoking end up gaining weight because of the lack of chemical they're putting in and to put up with the oral fixation they eat a lot more than they normally would. So I've cut eating 2 meals a day, down to 1 meal a day, and 'navy portions' are not something you can live off of, let alone is it the healthiest of foods.

As for cloves, I've smoked tons of them, and they only end up giving me a headache after a while, they smell really good, they sometimes even taste good depending on the type and how old they are, but for the most part they're just harsh on the back of the tongue and sides for me. Although the flavor left on the lips taste great, even if you weren't the one smoking them. I leave it all up to personal choice. I can't stand smoking cigars and rarely can I stand, let alone want to smoke a clove, but I can smoke any cigarette day and night with no problem.

O.k. You sound like me ...been smoking since I was 15 and stopped when I was in my late 20's for 5 years then started back up again in may of this year...I stopped cold turkey with no help the first time ...cinnamon gum and the flash strips work wonders for the craving and put the cinnamon flash strips to the roof of your mouth ...they do work. keep your hands busy...I should be following my own advice but I have issues that prevent me from doing so with my life its either I smoke or I kill so I take the smoking. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:35 pm

I know the feeling. They already took my gun's away from me because I don't play well with others.

As for smoking, when I'd go to a club or bar, I could easily smoke 5 packs in one evening and not feel a damn thing or realise it. So I think for the average smoke vs. my smoking, I may have a harder time quitting.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 pm

ArrogantLoki wrote:
I know the feeling. They already took my gun's away from me because I don't play well with others.

As for smoking, when I'd go to a club or bar, I could easily smoke 5 packs in one evening and not feel a damn thing or realise it. So I think for the average smoke vs. my smoking, I may have a harder time quitting.

I think everyone smokes more in the bars ...but 5 packs ?? Shocked I am really bad in the morning I can chain smoke and burn through a pack in about 3 hours ...I have to stop myself or I go crazy. whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 pm

I have a job in the Navy where I don't get caught working all too often, most of what I do is simple to fix (for me at least, it takes others a long time) So on my 10 minute drive to work, with another 10 for traffic, I can go through half a pack, from the walk from the bedroom, to bathroom, through the shower, and dressing, to the car, and down the street to the base, to work and out of the car, the whole time chain smoking. I know the feeling, I'll get to work at 6:45 in the morning and after a whole pack have maybe 4 left if I'm lucky.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm

ArrogantLoki wrote:
I have a job in the Navy where I don't get caught working all too often, most of what I do is simple to fix (for me at least, it takes others a long time) So on my 10 minute drive to work, with another 10 for traffic, I can go through half a pack, from the walk from the bedroom, to bathroom, through the shower, and dressing, to the car, and down the street to the base, to work and out of the car, the whole time chain smoking. I know the feeling, I'll get to work at 6:45 in the morning and after a whole pack have maybe 4 left if I'm lucky.

yep that is me ...one before the shower one after and don't get me drinking or I will smoke them back to back . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:52 pm

I smoke while in the shower. And I don't drink, but I'll smoke enough for the entire bar.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 pm

ArrogantLoki wrote:
I smoke while in the shower. And I don't drink, but I'll smoke enough for the entire bar.

Now smoking in the shower ..come on Loki that is just bad there. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Ugh, I do smoke entirely way too much. I'm missing post Chinese food cigarettes, for some reason, a menthol right after good orange chicken tastes amazing to me...
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:01 pm

ArrogantLoki wrote:
Ugh, I do smoke entirely way too much. I'm missing post Chinese food cigarettes, for some reason, a menthol right after good orange chicken tastes amazing to me...

DO you stop in the middle of the meal also to smoke? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Yes, before, middle, and after tongue
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : smokers vs non - Page 3 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7580313
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:56 pm

I've noticed that a lot of military men and women smoke a lot. My hunny bunny smoked like 2 packs a day when we were togther. He says that they cost 50 cents in Iraq, a smokers dream tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : smokers vs non - Page 3 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7672840
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm

^^ They need to smoke alot with the things they go through! Calms there nerves.
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:10 pm

That's why I let him smoke as much as he wants to, for now.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:53 pm

I smoke to keep me from killing again. axe
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:19 pm

^^Remind me not to make you mad when you don't smoke. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Just go no where near the Smoky Mountains. Wink Lets see if I can get the southern accent coming out. "thrs peple out yonder in them mountans" Laughing
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:41 pm

Now all you need is to say that with a cigg in your mouth and a cowboy hat. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Lets see I can do the cig in my mouth ...refuse to do the cowboy hat. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Angel, the cigarettes overseas are a lot cheaper, because they're at least a step down from what brand they claim they are. IE, 'Marlboro Reds' are at best 'lights' when it comes to non-american produced. So you can burn down at least a pack and a half and only feel like a quarter of a pack just to get the fix. After a while, you don't even realise you've gone through two, three, four, even five packs, you just keep going until the fix is gone. In port, at home, I smoked 3 packs a day, easily. At sea, I smoke a lot more, I could go through a carton easily and not feel a damn thing except a few dollars missing from my account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: smokers vs non   smokers vs non - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

smokers vs non
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Polls-
Jump to: