TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Critique My Class Project?

Go down 
+2
lollirot
Ginger_Snaps
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Critique My Class Project? Empty
PostSubject: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Anyone?
No worries if there's no time or interest.
But for those of you curious....
For my American Fiction Since World War II class we have two projects.
The first one is individual web pages with a theme discussed with out "team mates".
The second one is a web page that links all the individual pages together.
I'm in charge of both...
1) My own because... well it's our individual pages.
2) I've done the group page for several other classes with the same professor so I've already established a template I just recycle with a different background, cursor, music, and font colour.

For our theme we simply went with the theme of "American Literature Since World War II" and took our own perspective on it; instead of using literature selected for the class... we chose our favourite books to do them over.
Originally I was going to do the last half of the Harry Potter series... until someone was kind enough to point out that it'd probably be considered British Literature despite the huge popularity it has here (though it's quite popular everywhere really.)
Instead, I ended up going with Stephen King and listed a few of my favourite novels, synapsis, then ended with some of my favourite movies based on his novels.

Here's a link to the final result of my labor:
http://www.freewebs.com/cag-AmericanFic2/

There's an mp3 file being used as the background music, quite a few images, and an animated bat cursor so may load a wee bit slowly on some connections.
Critiques, thoughts, opinions greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I was the first person done in my group otherwise I'd share my teammate's works to compare/contrast with.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Critique My Class Project? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Why do you have pictures of Silent Hill? Silent Hill is Japanese, just set in a fictional American town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Eh, those pictures are more for the "feel" to go with the background music and blood background itself... since it's a horror genre, wanted something more than the covers of SK's movies/books had to offer.
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7589256
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm

So, basically this is just writing synopsis of the books? If so, then yeah, it's all okay. Would of been a bit better to see a reason as to why you choose Stephen King and how he's contributed to the world of literature since, y'know, not everybody considers his work to be good pieces of 'literature'

Also, the Silent Hill images are throwing me off a bit. Why not just put random screencaps from SK movies?

Other than that, good choice of author. Stephen King rules! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Well... it's more or less a personal spin on whichever American fiction we prefer. I tried to personalize it a bit more than just be able the books... but perhaps I kept the book aspect too simple and the personalization too much?
sad or frown

*takes notes*
Ah well, still have a few more days to fix things..
Any other thoughts/feedback?
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Critique My Class Project? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm

As a great fan of Mr King myself I loved it.

I do think you may want to touch on the point that some people may be unaware of his writing and that not everything he has done has been good but I would give you top marks and a gold star

I couldn't do anything half as good clap

btw I would have more of Sissy Spacek as Carrie - I thought her whole look was just tragic and misunderstood in the way the character should be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 pm

WOW Lex I think its REALLY GOOD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 pm

Thank you, I appreciate at it.
Aced the project and my team mates agreed so I'm happy.
Just another A of many.
Cool

Aww crap... that reminds me... have another project due Friday...
sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Critique My Class Project? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7540492
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
Thank you, I appreciate at it.
Aced the project and my team mates agreed so I'm happy.
Just another A of many.
Cool

Aww crap... that reminds me... have another project due Friday...
sad or frown

Better start soon then. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:06 pm

meh
It'll only take me two hours tops to complete it... sooner if I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew.
Cool

My biggest issue will be finding an appropriate background and debating which background song and cursor to use. The rest of the information I needed is (more or less) finished... well... except for the two links from my team mates who haven't quite finished their slightly overdue webpage. Laughing
Thankfully my professor is fair; if they don't have their part of the work done (which is simply doing their individual page from last week) then points wont be penalized off for myself and the others.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Critique My Class Project? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:17 am

As a King buff (my father was a huge fan, so when he passed away, I dove into the books to get to know what my dad enjoyed so much), it was good, but could use a few things.

Silent Hill, needs to go.

You should describe how King's characters have always been extremely human; very normal people, with normal emotions and personal feelings which one could relate to, yet captured in surreal situations. Which is similar to the mindset of Americans in a post WW2 world. America, as the youngest legitimate world power, lived in a true bubble of pride and disillusionment. The 'greatest generation' witnessed the world's mentality and sense of awareness rocked by an actual holocaust, by the power of nuclear weapons, the sight of people walking on the moon, the assassination of a world leader, civil unrest and gentrification; up until then, these things which people witness through mass-media, were things that they only assumed were the works of science fiction or the telling of ancient and distant history.

King's works allow 'regular' people, empathize with other 'everyday' people caught up in a world that seems to change over night into something from a nightmare. It also allows people to delve into the mind and thoughts of extraordinary characters with super-powers, and still find very human fears, doubts, and needs.

For a song: Use 'Host Of Seraphim" by Dead Can Dance; a truly powerful song which was used during the climax of the film The Mist.

For a cursor: Maybe use a pen, or something which looks like a writing instrument.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Critique My Class Project? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:24 am

I follow the Silent Hill commentary that have been made so far... film pictures would have been far better...

The cut ear from Stand By Me!, Carrie covered in blood!, Anne Wilkins with the hammer on her hand! The clown from It, for peter's sake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique My Class Project?   Critique My Class Project? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique My Class Project?
Page 1 of 1