TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?

Go down 
+4
helen damnation
Alenuska
Dark Gentleman
Madelchai
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? Empty
PostSubject: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 am

It's like a bounty of Steampunk goodness! omg ~!! Thank you for sharing Madelchai!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7581318
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:14 am

I love the Steampunk falls. drool
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Accessories and mens stuff will be added soon as well... which I myself and impatiently waiting for. Very Happy

And for those of you who don't know who Kato is, you can see her here onstage with Abney Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCcpG9pZtg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Madelchai wrote:
And for those of you who don't know who Kato is, you can see her here onstage with Abney Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCcpG9pZtg

The person who said, "She's really hot! Give her to meee!"....

I love them. Laughing

I knew I had seen Kato somewhere! Thanks Madelchai~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:06 am

Madelchai wrote:
Look no further!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/sgt.kato

sad or frown And yet another reason it sucks being a guy... all the awesome clothing out there in the world is either a plethora of female wear or... simply looks better on women.

*kicks dirt*
I wanna be steampunk.
sad or frown
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:44 am

RavenwindX wrote:

sad or frown And yet another reason it sucks being a guy... all the awesome clothing out there in the world is either a plethora of female wear or... simply looks better on women.

*kicks dirt*
I wanna be steampunk.
sad or frown

WRONG!!! There are lots of men's wear that can be made into Steampunk fashion, it's just a matter of doing research (such as browsing images on the net).

Believe me, it not hard to be Steampunk at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 5:50 pm

^I would actually say Cyber is harder.... it certainly is more expensive. I should know. *picks lint out of pocket* sosad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^I would actually say Cyber is harder.... it certainly is more expensive. I should know. *picks lint out of pocket* sosad Very Happy

Cyber can be challenging to the extreme, but yet fun to try creating above the limits. Inspiration is the key to help create a cyber look that suits you.

Then again, I see your point on the $$$, Akasha. There are ways start on some cyber-outfits without spending so much. It's always the goggles and the platform boots that will take up most of your money.

The falls I make? PPFFTT!, alot cheaper than most people think. The cyberlox (crin) is fairly priced depending where you order from.

Uh oh, I jacked the thread and went off the topic. sorry.

I'm gonna go start a Cyber thread for the hell of it. grin
Back to top Go down
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7586695
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:57 pm

Raven you could probably do steam punk quite easy depending on the "style" you wish to explore and develop. The victorian gentlemen style for guy's is very easy to do for example. Especiially if you add a steam punkish acessory of brass goggles or somthing with gears... Prehaps a top hat or hat of some kind? maybe a ring with gears or a pocket watch.. Yes those are crude examples but i'm sure you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:10 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
Madelchai wrote:
Look no further!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/sgt.kato

*kicks dirt*
I wanna be steampunk.
sad or frown

She's supposed to be having items for those of the male persuasion coming soon, which I'm anxiously awaiting.

Looks like there's new stuff up for the ladies now, as well.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:48 pm

This may just be me or was there a brown jumper on the top link????????

I'm sorry, I'm stuck in the 80's *toddles off into the dry ice*
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 3:31 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
OrpheusFaust
OrpheusFaust

Gemini Horse
Number of posts : 57
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7402694
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:34 pm

no items came up when I clicked on it D:
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/decayingfaith
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:13 am

Lex, male steampunk is pretty easy to do. About half of my small steampunk wardrobe is pretty unisex-- trousers, billowy white or off-white shirts, and vests with brass buttons.

I really like the style, especially because college doesn't offer me the luxury of spending much time or money on clothing. Steampunky clothing is, in my experience, much easier to find than the romantigoth attire I usually sport. Even when I find romantigoth clothing at Goodwill, it usually requires some modifying, which, at this point, I do not have time for. The right accessories paired with a "normal" button-down and trousers can look incredibly steampunky. With ~$65, a trip to an army surplus store, and two trips to Goodwill, I've managed to assemble a few amazing steampunk outfits.

This has also been great for me because I spend a lot of time down in my school's foundry, and I have to wear pants, leather shoes, eye protection, and only cotton or wool clothing there. So steampunk has given me a way to stay both safe-ish and fashionable while doing my metalwork. I'm still getting used to not wearing lacey skirts and velvets on a near daily basis, but I really do love steampunk and can see my love affair with the style lasting for quite a long while!

Last edited by DarkDreamer on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7590716
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Lex, you remind me of the singer from Abney Park esp. in build so I would look up some pics of him to get inspiration.

As long as you do your research you could do it well, I think :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm

albinasamara wrote:
Lex, you remind me of the singer from Abney Park esp. in build so I would look up some pics of him to get inspiration.

As long as you do your research you could do it well, I think :-)

You can see Kato rockin' some Abney Park gear on their website:

http://www.abneypark.com/shirts/fashion.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?   Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want some Steampunk to spice up your wardrobe?
Page 1 of 1