TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:26 pm

http://tv.msn.com/golden-globes/nominations/?GT1=28103
Complete Nominee List

Quote :
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) -- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and "Frost/Nixon" led the Golden Globes on Thursday with five nominations each, among them best drama, while "Doubt" also has five, including four acting slots.

Other best-drama nominees: "The Reader," "Revolutionary Road" and "Slumdog Millionare."

Meryl Streep had two nominations, best dramatic actress for "Doubt" and musical or comedy actress for "Mamma Mia!"; and Kate Winslet also had two, best actress for "Revolutionary Road" and supporting-actress for "The Reader."

Related: Complete List of Nominees

Also chosen for dramatic actress were: Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"; Angelina Jolie, "Changeling"; and Kristin Scott Thomas, "I've Loved You So Long."

Nominees for dramatic actor were Leonardo DiCaprio, "Revolutionary Road"; Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"; Brad Pitt, "Benjamin Button"; Sean Penn, "Milk"; and Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

"Doubt" also scored supporting nominations for Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Viola Davis, plus a screenplay slot for director John Patrick Shanley, who adapted his Pulitzer Prize-winning play.

The year's biggest hit, the Batman blockbuster, "The Dark Knight," came in with strong awards buzz across the board but had only one nomination, supporting actor for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

"Heath was a friend of mine," said actor Terrence Howard, a presenter at the nominations ceremony. "He gave his all in that film. I think he will win in that category. He'll also get an Oscar."

Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. were nominated as supporting actor for "Tropic Thunder." Each played odd roles: Cruise hidden behind a bald cap, beard and fat suit, Downey playing a white actor who undergoes a skin-tinting procedure to play a black man.

One of the year's biggest comedy hits, "Sex and the City," was shut out completely.

The Harvey Milk film biography "Milk" also had been at the top of awards watchers' lists but only grabbed an acting nomination for Penn.

Clint Eastwood had two music nominations for his "Changeling" score and for co-writing the title song for "Gran Torino." But he missed out on directing nominations for both films and for an acting slot in "Gran Torino," in which he starred.

While the hit "Mamma Mia!" was among best musical or comedy nominees, the category was dominated by smaller movies. The other contenders are "Burn After Reading," "Happy-Go-Lucky," "In Bruges" and "Vicky Cristina Barcelona."

The animated hits "WALL-E" and "Bolt" had two nominations apiece, for best animated picture and best song, the "WALL-E" tune co-written by Peter Gabriel and the "Bolt" song co-written by Miley Cyrus, who also lent her voice to one of the film's lead characters.

The song category was loaded with big names, including Bruce Springsteen for the title tune of "The Wrestler" and Beyonce Knowles for co-writing a song in "Cadillac Records."

"Vicky Cristina Barcelona" earned a supporting-actress nomination for Penelope Cruz, and her co-stars Javier Bardem and Rebecca Hall each grabbed lead-acting slots in the musical or comedy categories.

Joining Hall and Streep in the musical or comedy actress lineup were Sally Hawkins for "Happy-Go-Lucky," Frances McDormand for "Burn After Reading" and Emma Thompson for "Last Chance Harvey."

Along with Bardem, "In Bruges" stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson both were nominated for best musical or comedy actor. Also chosen were James Franco for "Pineapple Express" and Dustin Hoffman for "Last Chance Harvey."

Ralph Fiennes had two nominations, supporting film actor for "The Duchess" and best actor in TV movie or miniseries for "Bernard and Doris." Tom Wilkinson earned two TV nominations, actor in a movie or miniseries for "Recount" and supporting actor in a series, movie or miniseries for "John Adams."

The Globes are the second-biggest film awards show after the Academy Awards and often set the tone for the Oscars by singling out key performances and achievements. The Globe ceremony is scheduled for Jan. 11, 11 days before Oscar nominations.

The glitzy Globes were canceled last year after celebrities said they would boycott the show in honor of a strike by the Writers Guild of America. Winners were announced at a hasty news conference instead.

Hollywood faces labor strife again with a potential strike by the Screen Actors Guild. But a strike-authorization vote early next month would come too late to affect the Globes this time.

The awards are presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, a group of about 85 critics and reporters for overseas outlets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 pm

The year's biggest hit, the Batman blockbuster, "The Dark Knight," came in with strong awards buzz across the board but had only one nomination, supporting actor for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I haven't seen this movie personally yet, not enough space on the hard drive at the moment and every time I go into any video rental store ALL copies are completely rented out... but from that fact and all the chat about the movie... it's amazing.
This surprises me that more awards wasn't available for this movie... though I'm not surprised about Heath Ledger being nominated. From my understanding the Joker stole the spotlight/show and Heath Ledger did a great job as The Joker (not to mention I'm sure his untimely death added to the eeriness of his character in the film.
I wonder though... will his death be the main reason he gets the award... if he gets it? Looking at the other nominees... I'm fairly certain he will get it as the only real "competition" is Ralph Fiennes from "The Dutches".
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm

I have only seen here Tropic Thunder, The Dark knight and Wall-E. The others I don't think have premiered here. But I really want to see Doubt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Ugh, I couldn't even get past the first 15 minutes of Tropic Thunder before I was like... "Uh.... I'm done." and watched something else - the only other movie that's ever been THAT bad was "Napoleon Dynamite". sad or frown
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:36 pm

"A Knights Tale" was great but maybe I just like chainmail?
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:52 pm

RavenwindX wrote:
Ugh, I couldn't even get past the first 15 minutes of Tropic Thunder before I was like... "Uh.... I'm done." and watched something else

Me too!!!! Worst movie of this year!
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 pm

^^ Then in that case i'll not waste my time to watch it. It looked dumb but was going to try to see it anyways.

The Dark Knight should have had more nomminations. I think they cheated it because they knew it would take all of the awards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:23 am

helen damnation wrote:
"A Knights Tale" was great but maybe I just like chainmail?

Uh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced   2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Golden Globe Nominees Announced
Page 1 of 1