TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale Empty
PostSubject: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:36 am

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE2Lja43DJ1l4a

Quote :
You can bring home another bizarre adventure from the Darko clan on DVD this April. S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale will be released on DVD on April 28. We have no pricing details as of yet, but you can take a look at the cover art below. The film stars Daveigh Chase as Samantha Darko and also Ed Westwick, Jackson Rathbone, Briana Evigan, James Lafferty, and Elizabeth Berkley.

S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale Ph10a410

Seven years after her brother´s death, Samantha Darko finds herself stranded in a small desert town after her car breaks down where she is plagued by bizarre visions telling of the universe´s end. As a result, she must face her own demons, and in doing so, save the world and herself.

Special Features:
- A Behind The Scenes featurette
- Trailerspix7626

Stumbled across this at MovieWeb.com while getting ready to watch the newest Dragon Ball: Fail... erm... "Evolution" trailer. I find myself with mixed emotions.
At first thought my heart jumped in glee at the prospect of more to my #1 favorite movie of all time. Everything "Donnie Darko" = heart in my opinion. Then, once the initial surprise wore, I find myself thinking... Donnie Darko ended perfectly - this movie could f* things up.
I suppose, ultimately, it depends how its done.

From the sounds of things it's going to have a similar theme to the first one, the tone and visualizations look like they will also be similar...
I don't know, it could go either way.
Yes, this is obviously an attempt for Hollywood to make more money off a classic movie.
Yes, it's obvious that Hollywood has long-since-past ran out of "original" ideas.
No, this doesn't mean this particular movie will suck... but based on previous unnecessary sequels (Butterfly Effect 2 & 3) the odds are not in DD2's favor.

Definitely going to check it out though, give it the benefit of the doubt, but as it's a straight-to-dvd release... not holding my breath. Still, can't wait to see it either way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7589426
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:06 am

Looks good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 am

Hmm... I doubt I'll watch it. This may sound like a travesty to some, but I didn't really like the first one at all.
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7586616
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 am

I probably won't see it because I liked the first one and it will probably suck. Sequels are for Horror movies, not Donnie Darko. sad or frown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:45 am

I didn't really get that into Donnie Darko... but then I watched it right after Hard Candy I believe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale   S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale
Page 1 of 1