TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?

Go down 
+2
TheDarkHippie
cynfullov
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7650074
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? Empty
PostSubject: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:16 am

The Marquee Blog
–Katie McGee, CNN Entertainment Unit Intern

Considering the popularity of “Twilight” and the phenomenon it has launched, it stands to reason that others would try to replicate it. Hence, the recent profusion of young adult novels that, for lack of a better term, I like to call “Twilight Wannabes.” If you’ve walked by any major bookstore in the last year, you’ve seen them in the window display…books with titles like “Vampire Academy “(”Twilight” meets Harry Potter?) and “Blue Bloods” (”Twilight” meets “Gossip Girl”?). Their covers even look like “Twilight”–black with a single image of a flower or fruit.

I love Stephenie Meyer’s series, so I had studiously avoided the whole flock of what I considered her imitators. But when I heard that Disney bought the film rights to the latest Twilight wannabe – “Wings”, by first-time author Aprilynne Pike – and had attached teen queen Miley Cyrus to star as the heroine Laurel, I decided that I had to give it a try. And to my surprise, I liked it. A lot. Probably more than the first “Twilight” novel (cue outraged gasps from Twi-hards everywhere).

In many ways, the story echoes that of “Twilight”: a teenage girl moves to a new high school, only to become entangled in the conflict of two mythical species. This time, instead of the Cullen family of vampires and werewolves, the warring parties are trolls and faeries (I won’t spoil the faerie mythology except to say that it’s incredibly creative). Of course, Laurel quickly finds herself the center of a love triangle, caught between her reliable, human friend David, and the mysteriously sexy faerie Tamani. It’s easy to see why Disney snapped this one up. They’re targeting the “Twilight” audience, trying to do with faeries what Summit Entertainment – and HBO, and now the CW – have already done with vampires.

Which got me to wondering, will it work? Will Miley Cyrus and her costars be able to rival the famous onscreen chemistry between Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson? Miley, who’s made it clear that she wants to break out of the Hannah Montana mold, obviously believes so.

What do you think? Can faeries overthrow vampires and become the new phenomenon, or will the undead remain our favorite supernatural creatures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:26 am

-_-;

Can't we just burn them all and take our beasties and faeries back?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7352635
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 am

I agree with Nsane! Though, if It comes out around the time I go visit home, I know what my little sis will drag me along to see. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7650074
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 am

_[]_
....x.Q ..........."Money makes the world go around, the world go around!"..
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7419089
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:21 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
-_-;

Can't we just burn them all and take our beasties and faeries back?

exactly Not to be "elitist fringe" or anything, but it's a little uncomfortable seeing otherwise bland folks playing with this stuff like it's the current trend.

Oh -- and very good point, Cyn. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7590154
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:19 pm

I wouldn't have such a distaste for Twilight if it weren't for all the teenaged girls going googoo for it.

"I am like so goth and dark now since watching Twilight [who reads anymore anyways]. Edward is like so tots hot. ZOMG, Hot Topic!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7683817
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:28 pm

sick

Well we must be doing something right if they all want to step into the dark side.

Just wondering whether the lovely Miley has inherited her Dad's mullet?
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7685122
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 am

^^ LOL

I will freely admit that I read the so-called 'Twilight' wannabes.
House of Night, Vampire Diaries, Night World...
I can't help it. I like books grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe?   Miley’s new faerie tale: “Twilight” wannabe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1