TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Twilight I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Twilight

Go down 
+7
lollirot
Maxmordon
Emmature
MoonRaven
Madelchai
Succubus
Ginger_Snaps
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Twilight Bjevig
More Numbers : 7590154
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I have not read either the series or watched the movie, but I seem to read that many people don't like it. For those that have read it/seen it, what is your opinion on Twilight?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Twilight 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7536553
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I have the book , but have not read it yet. I have seen the movie 5 times in the last 3 days. Its o.k. in my opinion but its really slow for me and I don't really agree with some parts of the movie. Since I know the book is more geared towards young adult girls I would think the movie fits that genre.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
More Numbers : 7588944
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Twilight 30cmvww
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:22 pm

I got J the book by accident;was not aware it was a kids thing and apologised profusely.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Ian wrote:
I got J the book by accident;was not aware it was a kids thing and apologised profusely.

That is o.k. I still am going to read it. Wink
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Twilight Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7685122

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I have all 4 but only read the 1st. And it was okay. I really don't see what the hype was about.
The movie was the same...okay...kinda cheesy. Bella's acting was meh.
Sorry if that doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Twilight 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7364575
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

*reason for editing- calmed down and deleted joking #%& profanities

*new reason for editing- can't post more on thread. Probably got banned for angry, facisous remarks when my browser crashed. Has nothing to do with the book *facepalm*

Last edited by Emmature on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:32 am

Emmature wrote:
F*%$!!!!$A@^!!

I just spent half a f(<%ing hour typing what amounts to a master's theis on how much Twilight rules and my @*!#% browser logged me out and when I #*%?!! came back I had &@?

That's your browser trying to tell you something. >.>
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Twilight 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7364575
Registration date : 2009-01-08

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:05 am

Madelchai wrote:
Emmature wrote:
F*%$!!!!$A@^!!

I just spent half a f(<%ing hour typing what amounts to a master's theis on how much Twilight rules and my @*!#% browser logged me out and when I #*%?!! came back I had &@?

Lol. Righty-oh.

I know a lot of my male homies (and some female) who resnt twilight fangirls, of which I am unabashadly one. Don't resent Edward Cullen- he's a pasty intellectuall. Teen heartthrobs are used to be played by James Van Der Beek and Sean William Scott. A respite from the Abercrombie-clad jerk is nice.

On that subject, I was modeling for a class over a year ago and I posed nude on a stool with my glasses on my nose, reading Twlight. This was well before the marketing juggernaut. A girl in the class aproached me on a break. She was conservative, Christian, dressed modestly, and was saving herself for marriage. And yet in Twilight we found common ground. She was fascinated by my world, where people come out at night, masquerading as vampires and werewolves. Now she and another girl like her come out almost every week to the goth club.

We, as goths, are not evangelical. We do not seek to convert. Many of the Hot Topic kids are not "real" goths but are just stumbling around like that for a week or two. But I feel like twilight has made people who truly resonate with the scene more comfortable than they otherwise would have been.

(my originaly post was even longer Embarassed I'm sparing you)
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Twilight S1rl90
More Numbers : 7578978
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:13 am

Emmature wrote:
Madelchai wrote:
Emmature wrote:
F*%$!!!!$A@^!!

Lol. Righty-oh.

I know a lot of my male homies (and some female) who resnt twilight fangirls, of which I am unabashadly one. Don't resent Edward Cullen- he's a pasty intellectuall. Teen heartthrobs are used to be played by James Van Der Beek and Sean William Scott. A respite from the Abercrombie-clad jerk is nice.

On that subject, I was modeling for a class over a year ago and I posed nude on a stool with my glasses on my nose, reading Twlight. This was well before the marketing juggernaut. A girl in the class aproached me on a break. She was conservative, Christian, dressed modestly, and was saving herself for marriage. And yet in Twilight we found common ground. She was fascinated by my world, where people come out at night, masquerading as vampires and werewolves. Now she and another girl like her come out almost every week to the goth club.

We, as goths, are not evangelical. We do not seek to convert. Many of the Hot Topic kids are not "real" goths but are just stumbling around like that for a week or two. But I feel like twilight has made people who truly resonate with the scene more comfortable than they otherwise would have been.

(my originaly post was even longer Embarassed I'm sparing you)

Interesting tale, Emma. I would like to have known the longer version had to said.

I haven't read the books but I didn't quite liked the movie, but each one has their own tastes I guess...

I, for one, never understood why people liked Rocky Horror Movie Show

Last edited by Maxmordon on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7590154
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:19 am

Here is a review I read on another forum:

Quote :
Did anyone else here read it? Do you like it? Love it? Hate it? I... am kind of ambivalent.

Twilight doesn't have a bad story. The beginning of this story, I think, is a bit cliched (dorky high school girl meets sexy vampire boy). The rest of it though isn't bad, as it has action and romance and the plot itself isn't cliched. New Moon gets better plot-wise, Eclipse has a very narrow plot (kill Victoria, new vampires) and Breaking Dawn doesn't have much of a plot at all.

The rest of it, however, sucks.

The plot would be great if the characters could carry it. But there is minimal character development, especially where Bella, Edward, and Jacob are concerned. Rosalie is probably the most developed character, but even she's the stereotypical b!tch who suffered a horrible tragedy (in her case, being raped and left to die). Jasper is broody and almost as wangsty as Edward. Then Bella and Edward are unbelievably wangsty. Bella actually makes Edward look reasonable. Bella's a very weak and feminine character, and Twilight begins to look sexist. She has so many panic attacks, cries all the time, gets unreasonably anxious when Edward isn't around. Not a good message to send to teenage girls. As for Edward... damn. Okay, your mother died of the flu when you were 17, you nearly died too but Carlisle saved your a$$, you rebelled against eating animals and went for humans but then you switched your ways back, and now you're upset because you want to eat your girlfriend becuase she's human?! Didn't you leave that path behind?! He's so wangsty and way too overprotective of Bella. As for other characters... none of them are very developed at all. Bella and Edward barely develop through the series. Jacob shows promising signs- he seems pretty cool early on, then becomes a bit socially inept and it's obvious he has a crush on Bella... then when he becomes a werewolf, he also becomes a huge douchebag. It doesn't change at all. Jacob and Edward eventually stop hating each other in Eclipse, but Jacob's still a huge douche and is only nice because of Renesmee. The rest of the Cullen clan is just... undeveloped. Carlisle has a huge amount of experience under his belt, but he doesn't do much other than preach non-violence, share wisdom, and practice medicine. Jasper is wangsty. Emmett would be an excellent character if he was allowed more page-time. Rosalie is the most developed of any of the family, but even she's lacking. Esme isn't developed at all and is just a sexist stereotype who depends on Carlisle. Alice has the excuse of not remembering being human, but nothing is ever revealed about her human life other than that she was locked in an asylum in the 1930's and currently has a great-niece living in Biloxi, Mississippi.

As for HArry Potter... Twilgiht does not compare to Harry Potter. Harry Potter's characters actually develop. There are "filler" characters and some characters seem stereotyped in the beginning but unless they're simply names and one-lines, they actually change. Harry himself develops, from an abused and neglected 11 year old who has no clue what's going on to a pretty mature 17 year old who's in charge. He struggles with Ron sometimes. He cries. He has crushes on girls, though his feelings for Ginny don't dominate the entire story. Ron is a bit of a douchebag at times, like Jacob. He feels overshadowed by HArry, HErmione, Ginny, and his brothers, but he does do some cool stuff. He walks out on HArry and HErmione, but then goes back. In the seventh book he seems spoiled, but he avenges his brother at the end. Hermione seems like a bitchy know-it-all, but does cry (perhaps too much for my liking). Dumbledore looks like a God-figure, but turns out to be quite an evil douche at the end. Snape is a douche for the whole series, but he protects Harry because he loved Lily so much. Even Voldemort develops. He owns up to his mistakes, even if he does have a serious God complex. The plot varies and isn't the same plot. The plot for each book still fits in with the whole series, and they all matter at the end. This doesn't hold true in Twilight.

Conclusion: Harry Potter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Twilight
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7585317
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Maxmordon wrote:

I, for one, never understood why people liked Rocky Horror Movie Show

I don't understand the hype either.

As for Twilight, same thing goes. All my friends were reading it once-upon-a-time and were squeeing all over the place. I read the first couple of pages and put it down; did not grab my attention enough.
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Twilight 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7585487

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:45 pm

I hear some people hating on it because it tries to teach Mormon values about submissive females. Neutral I haven't gotten around to reading it at all, but I saw the movie, it was okay I guess. The next author on my list is Neil Gaiman.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Twilight 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7683817

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:44 pm

My big bro thought I would like it and offered to get me a proof copy for nothing. I politely thanked him but refused. It's just not my bag - without wishing to sound old I'll stick with Christopher and Bela when it comes to vampires Wink
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 am

So I've seen people discussing it and posting some pictures on another board.

That main character guy could not wear any more makeup unless he was a f**king mime.
Back to top Go down
Symmentha
Symmentha

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 141
More Numbers : 7581326
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 am

I loved it.. until one of my besties turned into a fangirl. Shes obsessed. They are good books.. but not *that * good. I would definitely suggest reading them.. and they arent 'kid books'.

My mum loved them.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Twilight S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7585413

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm

TOTALLY HATE!

Vampire romances get on my nerves. I like Rice's first few vampire chronicles play with a lot of philosophy and stuff. Realy great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight   Twilight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight
Page 1 of 1