TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Tattoo Away From Home...

Go down 
+4
Emmature
Succubus
lollirot
Vampira132
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Tattoo Away From Home... Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7670214
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Tattoo Away From Home... Empty
PostSubject: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:56 pm

I was planning to get a tattoo when I go to Houston but what I have to ask is, is it right for me to do this while im on a holiday? I've never had a tattoo before so I wanted a friend to take me to her best tattoo parlours and get one. But now my BF said it might not be a wise decision since you'll be in pain during our holiday and I can’t get it wet.

With this being my first I need to find someone who is good enough to do this for me, and most of the best artists are in America. There isn’t one around my area that I trust.

But I feel like if I don’t get one while im away I will never get one.

So what’s the smartest decision to make? Get one or not?
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7576126
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:01 am

I say get it.

You're not really going to go through any pain while it's in the healing process...it'll probably be a minimal throbbing or an itch or you might not feel anything at all...it's nothing to worry about.

You're just going to have to take care of it, which is super easy. Just wrap saran wrap around your tattoo for some 3-4 days till the ink doesn't come off and well, yeah, no pain at all and, i believe, no hassle at all.

Of course, the only thing you might have to worry about is booking a visit and you might also want to take into account how you're going to want your tattoo. Colored/bigger tattoos = more/longer sittings.

Again, I say...it's not a hassle at all.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7527362
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:53 pm

I say go for it as well. I think not only will it hold memories of the tattoo being your "first" but it will carry the memories of where and when you received the tattoo.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7355384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:01 am

A good tattoo can be had in many times and in many places. Don't feel like if you don't get it here and now it'll never happen. If you have misgivings, weigh them against the benefit. I have a that tattoo makes me feel like a goddess and I wish i had gotten it sooner. My best friend has a tattoo that she's regretted every day since getting it. Know what you want and where you are in your life.

If you do go ahead, here's my (and my tattoo artist friend's) number one tip: It's going to hurt A LOT (it won't really). But if you convince yourself it'll be AWFUL, the actual tattoo will only tickle. Reverse psychology is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:28 am

You shouldn't feel like you have to get it while on vacation, but if you truly want to get the work done, just make sure the place is reputable and then get yourself an awesome ..... (wtf's the word for a gift you get while on vacation).
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Tattoo Away From Home... Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7576218

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 am

Where are you going to get it? If you're going to get one on your foot or your butt (or somewhere else that has to be covered), perhaps you should wait. I tell you, walking around chafing a new tattoo is really not something you want to do. It not only hurts horribly, it can potentially ruin the tattoo and/or get infected.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Tattoo Away From Home... Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7670214
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:30 pm

That was back in April and I didnt get the tattoo in the end.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Spooky wrote:
just make sure the place is reputable and then get yourself an awesome ..... (wtf's the word for a gift you get while on vacation).

Souvenir?
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Tattoo Away From Home... Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7576218

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Hahaha, sorry, I didn't even look at the date on your post! What a dope.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:49 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Spooky wrote:
just make sure the place is reputable and then get yourself an awesome ..... (wtf's the word for a gift you get while on vacation).

Souvenir?

Yes! Thank you Red, my love for you grows daily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Tattoo Away From Home... 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:20 am

That topic post ravengrim made on the "Collage Grad Working 50 Jobs In 50 States In One Year"... gave me an idea! Someone has had to have thought of this before, but with this topic of "Tattoo Away From Home" you could have gotten a little Texas, the artist, shop & the date!

I wonder if anyone else has "bumper stickered" themselves tattoo wise like some cars that have a collection of all the places they've been to? That's not very much seen now days. Sometimes you'll see a passing older van or some other older vehicle with them. Magnetics do save on the paint. Even with that, it must have been a passing phase of a generation.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get your tat this time around Vampira if it wasn't by choice. Maybe next trip.. * inserts headbang!*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Away From Home...   Tattoo Away From Home... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tattoo Away From Home...
Page 1 of 1