TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Looking for a tattoo artist?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Looking for a tattoo artist? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7569249
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Looking for a tattoo artist? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 am

So I just wanted to know what I am supposed to be looking for when I go and interview tattoo artists and tattoo stores. Any advice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Looking for a tattoo artist? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7665427
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:25 pm

Well, my brother gave a good word to the place he goes too.
His arms are covered as proof that they are good. So i go there. And I lucked out with a tattoo artist who was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He is Irish so I had a good laugh with him. But he goes back to Ireland in October for good tear So I'm squeezing in as much as I can before he goes grin
ANYWAYS...
You can ask your friends. See where they like to go. Check online for the places you would consider and see their work.
As for the actual tattoo parlor, see if it's clean.
I've walked by a couple and peeked inside and instantly i knew I didn't like the place. It gave me vibes.
I guess it's a matter of whether you feel comfortable getting tattooed there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7565622
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

^^^ Yeah, what she said. But, especially, look at their work. Some tattoo artists can be total buttholes, but their work is extraordinary. Others can be totally nice and have crappy work, ect, ect. Just look at their work.

A friend of mine has always said, "If the guy can draw better than I can, then I definitely want his work on me." But, if drawing is not your thing, if you're blown away by their work, go for it.

You can usually spot the really good artists by how fast they help you think of a design or how fast they draw a rough sketch ect. ect. Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Looking for a tattoo artist? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7664122

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Word of mouth and good recommendations are really the way to go. A good and safe tattooist will always be happy to show off their reputations and will have no qualms about showing you the way that they clean their equipment and the levels of hygiene involved. I dont know about anywhere else but in the UK they have to be registered by the Health Authority and I believe that they are regularly inspected. I love my tattoo lady - we play terribly wicked tricks on her husband when he goes to scrub up or change inks! naughty
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Looking for a tattoo artist? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7569249
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Well I'm not really sure. I have a place in mind and they have their work displayed online. I wanted to check them out, but no one will go with me. I have heard good and bad things about them. My friend krazee swears by their work but another friend of mine said they messed up her nipple piercing.

So when I go in should I watch them work or what would be the best thing for me to do just to interview them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7565622
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 am

Yeah, I think the best thing to do is just go and check them out. Ask stuff like, how long they've been doing it, what their are of 'expertise' is, what they do better (b&w or colour), maybe ask to see profile and see if anyone is getting tattooed there...you can always watch, as well....stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Looking for a tattoo artist? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7665427

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:08 am

I remember when I got my first tattoo, I just walked into the first shop I found.
Nothing wrong with them but i never set foot in there again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a tattoo artist?   Looking for a tattoo artist? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a tattoo artist?
Page 1 of 1