TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Read The Story And Answer The Question

Go down 
+4
RedAngel
Ginger_Snaps
helen damnation
ravengrim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Read The Story And Answer The Question Empty
PostSubject: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Could You See This Happening And Do Nothing?

After a judge threw out a rape victim's negligence suit against the MTA and its workers for not helping stop the rape, the victim has now gone public to express her amazement at the ruling. Maria Besedin said, "I'm honestly still in shock. It's so hard for me to process this whole thing because I just really wanted everyone out there to be safe, to never have to experience anything like I did."

In 2005, Besedin, now 25, was raped on the platform of the G train's 21st Street stop around 3 a.m. She tried to escape the attacker and cried out for help to a station agent but station agent John Koort just called the central command center and stayed in the token booth. Besedin said yesterday, "I held [Koort's] gaze for at least five seconds, yelling, screaming, 'Help! Help!' I saw him and I thought, 'Oh gosh, he's gonna see me, it's gonna be okay' and - nothing."

The rapist then dragged her down the stairs; Besdein explained, "I had been violated and raped on the stairs on the lower level and then dragged over to a tool-box kind of thing [on the platform] and raped. I had lost all my dignity." A subway pulled into the station, but even though conductor Harmodio Cruz saw her, he called command and let his train continue through the station. It took police 10 minutes, after receiving calls from MTA command, to arrive. Besedin, an NYU graduate who dropped out of Fordham's graduate psychology program after the attack, said, "By the time somebody came, I mean, I had lost all my dignity, and it was over." The rape suspect has never been found.
Her lawyer says they will appeal, with Besedin adding, "I thought the judge would be able to see how crucial an issue it is. Especially now that the MTA wants to charge us even more to ride their unsafe trains."
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 pm

That just totally sickens me

I could never see an animal in trouble without stopping to help, let alone another human being.

To my mind this shows the state of our society, "I'm alright Jack" seems to be the order of the day and the people who passed that poor lady by should feel totally ashamed and disgusted with themselves
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question Evil10
More Numbers : 7687256

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I think so too.
I just couldn't imagine passing something awful like that and just going about my day like nothing had happened.
It really makes me feel ill inside.
You always wonder what if this were me when you read something like this.
I know these men were just going about their buisness at work,but I can't help but wonder how they would have reacted if the same situation befell their family.What if someone just done the bare minimum to help their family members?How would they feel then?
Would they feel that people just doing their job was o.k. if it had been their wife or sister or girlfriend that happened to?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 pm

If I were certain that a woman was being raped, I would take up something as a makeshift weapon and beat the sh*t out of the f**ker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:11 pm

God, that's... I can't even imagine. They're just as guilty as the rapist. What is wrong with someone, to just see it happening and let it go? I can't imagine a worse nightmare for that woman.

To answer the question, No. In fact, it scares me a little to think of what I *would* do if I saw a rape taking place. I'd probably see a side of me that I'd be ashamed of later, and probably be back in the hospital with cartilage injuries all over again.

But I hope I'd be able to say, "You should see the other guy."
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7531301
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Why that insensitive pr!ck just sitting there and not doing anything to help her. I bet if the shoe was on the other foot he would be upset seeing if that was his wife or daughter.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:29 pm

Why am I not surprised?! The MTA is made up of some of the laziest most useless people anywhere. They tend to do the absolute minimum required of their job. What's wrong with people these days?!

A couple of years ago I heard some screaming in the hallway in my building. I poked my head out thinking it was the next door neighbor's obnixious kids goofing off. Instead, I saw a man pinning some woman against the wall, and it looked like he was choking her. I freaked and called my husband over. I was about to get my baton (from my old auxiliary police days), but by then the guy had dragged the woman to another floor. We called 911, and thank God the police responded almost immediately. Turned out to be neighbors from one of the higher floors. Later that night, I chatted with some other neighbors, and it turned out my husband and I were the only ones who bothered to call the police. One of our neighbors actually said that he didn't call the police because although he heard the woman screaming, he didn't hear her specifically ask for help. WTF?! I think he used to work for the MTA.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:04 am

That is disgusting, how could a decent man not intervene? Well maybe I answered my own question, but I no doubt would have attacked that man who was raping her. Then the judge not ruling in her favor... my brain can't concept this level of nonsensical and cruel thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : Read The Story And Answer The Question Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7347383
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:18 pm

That is just horrible!!!!! That man should have at least done something! Who cares if the train was late! That judge should have ruled in her favor, but knowing today corrupted court officials, he was probably bribed by the conductor......or new him personally. ugh....it's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read The Story And Answer The Question   Read The Story And Answer The Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read The Story And Answer The Question
Page 1 of 1