TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace Empty
PostSubject: Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace   Surreal Estate: Turning a Manhattan Apartment Into a Puzzle Palace I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:23 pm

The first hint that something was up came in a letter stamped "Lost Post." It was addressed to the family of six who had recently moved into the sprawling Fifth Avenue apartment—and was apparently written by a former occupant who had died decades earlier. Inside the envelope was a poem full of riddles, the solutions to which were all around them: The home was filled with puzzles that had been covertly installed during an extensive renovation.

The letter led the family down a rabbit hole of hidden keys, secret compartments, and glowing boxes. Today, more than three years after they settled into their magic kingdom, they still haven't solved everything—even with the book of clues that architectural designer Eric Clough planted in a wall to guide them.

The elaborate project started with a casual aside. "Can we do something for the kids?" Clough asked his client, the CEO of a private equity firm, when he began work on the $1 million-plus job. Nothing complicated at first, just a few hidden lines of verse. But soon the carpenters were carving ciphers into radiator covers and adding secret compartments to the credenza. "I kept sneaking back into the apartment and hiding a few more clues," Clough says.

Even after the family decodes the last brainteaser, the game won't really be over: Someday the special keys for the secret compartments will be lost. The veneer will begin to warp. Someone new will move in, and they'll be enthralled by the enigmas around them. "Then," Clough says, "they'll find these clues in the archives of Wired."

Mystery on Fifth Avenue
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1