TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure Evil10
More Numbers : 7688569
Registration date : 2008-07-21

FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure Empty
PostSubject: FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure   FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:17 am

A blog reader named Lee emailed us a photo he took on Highway 86 in Imperial, California. “It made me wonder if [the economy] is really that bad that even dead people will lose their resting places,” he writes. “What will they do? Evict the dead?”

We called Victor Carrillo, the supervisor for Imperial County listed on the sign, to find out.

“It’s a privately owned cemetery,” he tells us. “I presume it will be purchased by another entity in the cemetery business. That’s been typical.”

For a new owner to use the land as something other than a cemetery, says Carrillo, they’d have to contact all the families with relatives buried there, pay to move all the remains, request a land-use zone change, and have numerous public hearings.

Carrillo suspects the cemetery’s alkaline soil, which makes it difficult to grow grass and vegetation, played a role making it unattractive to potential customers and bringing it to foreclosure.

Though according to the Los Angeles Times, the cemetery is just one of many businesses in the Imperial Valley that is suffering.

We asked Larry Anspach, president of American Cemetery/Mortuary Consultants Inc. whether we’re likely to see more cemetery foreclosures as a result of the recession.

“This is the first I’ve heard of a cemetery being foreclosed,” he says. “People say it’s actually a recession-proof industry.” A foreclosure is more likely to happen because of bad or fraudulent money management by the owner, he says.
Anspach agrees with Carrillo that a foreclosed cemetery probably won’t become a parking lot or a Walmart:

Given the current economic climate, people probably aren’t scrambling to use the land for commercial purposes. It would obviously upset a lot of people if someone said “Gee, we’re going to turn this cemetery into a housing development, like in Poltergeist.”

Things are tough all over I guess. dead
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7532614
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure   FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:37 am

Its hard to believe that even the one simple thing that we all thought would never have a "foreclosed" sign on the property is a cemetery.... I was kind surprised by one of the comments there on the link saying that "'cemeteries are a waste of space. " Its comments like that from people who cannot appreciate the meaning of conservation. There are/were so much land developing going around with new houses and shopping centers that its getting to the point where the only place you can actually see nature is in or around a cemetery. sorry I went off the topic a little.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure 25883sk
More Numbers : 7415150
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure   FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:52 am

^^ Don't apologize; I agree with you. What have we become as people (using "we" loosely) if we even consider reappropriating cemetery land??

It's not just the sacred ground issue; people really need to ask themselves how damn important it is to have one more condo complex or shopping center. These things don't even make people any happier; just more jaded and spoiled. It just doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure Bjevig
More Numbers : 7586215
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure   FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:22 pm

People who can't appreciate cemeteries shouldn't allowed to be buried--let them be picked at by vultures.

I have not actually seen it happen, but yes, the dead can be evicted from their graves to make way for home. Once I'm dead, I'm dead, so I'm not going to care what happens to my "resting spot" but it says a lot about our people when they can't even respect the dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure   FREAK Shots: Death and Foreclosure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1