TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it Empty
PostSubject: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Article

BEAVER COUNTY, Pa. -- A Beaver County couple is upset after they say the Pennsylvania Game Commission killed a baby deer they rescued.

Rebecca Durr said she nursed the small fawn back to health after it was badly injured by a neighbor’s dog last month.

Watch Video Report

Durr said she then called the game commission who promptly took the animal away and destroyed it despite her requests.

Wildlife conservation officer Matt Kramer said state law prohibits residents from harboring wild animals, according to Channel 11’s news exchange partner The Beaver County Times.

The main reasons are that animals can carry such diseases as rabies and heartworm, which can be transmitted to humans or domestic animals, he said. And wild animals can be infected with diseases that humans and domestic animals carry.

Durr, who raises goats and other small animals on her farm, said Pennsylvania has licensed rehabilitators across the state who care for injured wild animals. She volunteered to drive the deer to one, even if it meant driving across the whole state, but she was refused.

Kramer said game officers evaluate each situation on a case-by-case basis to determine whether the animal should go to a rehabilitator. Certain rare animals would receive more consideration than those in large populations.

Durr said she and her husband were trying to do the right thing. They didn't want to get in trouble for harboring a wild animal, so she called the game commission looking for help.

Durr said she thinks the state law should be changed.

Why kill a healthy baby deer?
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it Bjevig
More Numbers : 7571772
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 pm

It is illegal to keep a wild deer, but if you are wanting to nurse it back to health, just don't tell the game commission.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it Evil10
More Numbers : 7674126
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I think it's probably because the state makes money off selling wildlife rehabilitation licenses and hunting permits.
They can put it whatever language they want to,but if they allow someone to break the rules even one time it puts their revenue in jeopardy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:52 pm

But they could have either taken it to a rehab site or released it. They didn't have to kill it.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it Evil10
More Numbers : 7674126
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 pm

I agree,they could have.
They instead chose to be totalf^ckwads about it and have the poor, innocent creature killed.
It sucks and it makes people furious.Public opinion used to count for something when someone made a decision.Now I guess people don't even give things like that a second thought.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7631692
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
It is illegal to keep a wild deer, but if you are wanting to nurse it back to health, just don't tell the game commission.

Yep. So true. The term "game" pretty much says it all. There wasn't any reason to kill that little baby. I wonder if the game warden even tried to contact thoses licensed rehabilitators. I feel sorry for that lil'deer and especially Rebbeca. Gosh she must feel so hurt.

I've never heard of'a deer having rabies or anything else. You don't ever hear of deer hunters leaving any because of it after they've shot them.
Hasn't stopped any from eating them from my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7561606
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 pm

ravengrim wrote:
I think it's probably because the state makes money off selling wildlife rehabilitation licenses and hunting permits.
They can put it whatever language they want to,but if they allow someone to break the rules even one time it puts their revenue in jeopardy.

^THIS^
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it   Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple Saves a baby deer, Government kills it
Page 1 of 1