TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+12
Madelchai
MoonRaven
Vampira132
endless dark
helen damnation
WrappedinReflection
RedAngel
SPF
Ginger_Snaps
deadcoldgothgirl
La Diva Carlotta
QueenbHorror
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 pm

How can you be here a whole month and a half and still not know what it is you're supposed to be doing?! These interns are killing me! I might as well have been working by myself today because the intern was no help at all. In fact, I kept finding myself having to clean up her messes. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 pm

My pay cheque from last week bounced. The only thing that has me in the positive right now is the pay cheque that I just deposited... that one better not bounce either.

Between my first pay cheque being short hours and then it bouncing, I think I should find a new job... and fast.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 pm

^^Holy crap! That's crazy! Did you talk to the boss or whoever?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 pm

^^^The people in the office were gone by 4.15pm so I have to talk to them tomorrow.

sad or frown I don't know where I can apply at. Most places that are hiring are hiring for christmas and not pt/ft.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 am

I'm ranting on behalf of my friend:

My friend's getting married in late March 2012. A cousin of her fiance's offered, on her own accord, to host the bridal shower at her home upstate (it was suggested that as the maid of honor I would help the host with the planning) . However, the shower must be held no later than this coming December. Also, this "cousin" is, for all intents and purposes, a total stranger. Making things even more awkward is that her fiance's mom is becoming a way bit too interested in the bride-to-be's wedding planning. When my friend tried to speak to her fiance about his mother's meddling, he pretty much dismissed her concerns.

She called me this morning very upset about the situation. I told her to decline her fiance's cousin's (the stranger) offer to host to party at her place - just to avoid any awkward dealings with her fiance's family. Ya know?

My rant: tongue

I'm the maid of honor. It's supposed to be my job to do all this party planning stuff. At this point, the only people I want to liaise with are the other bridesmaid and the bride's mom. That's it. I don't wanna deal with any other people. Seriously, things get messy when too many people get involved.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 am

Some random bitching:

Why is it that farmer Joe insists on driving his tractor down a busy street and then not have the courtesy to pull off on a less busy road so that the mile long line of traffic can finally get moving?

Why is it that some people absolutely insist on driving ten miles or more under the speed limit, especially even after they have passed at least ten speed limit signs?

Why is it that people can't be bothered to slow down when they clearly see an animal on the road? I hate having to swerve past a skunk carcass.

Why is it that I am so lazy when it comes to homework (even easy homework) but will spend hours rendering a 3D object for a game that I don't get paid for?

I'm tired of peacocks shitting on my back porch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7592883
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 am

^^All valid arguments.

If the student director for the radio station gets pissy at me for not showing up for my shift on friday, he can shove it. Even though he told me to show up, the professor that manages both radio stations told me not to show up because the alumni are taking over the air waves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Ginger: Agreed, but wait -- you've got peacocks roaming around your back porch? It's a shame they're messy, but that's kind of cool!

DCGG: Yeah, awesome when people don't talk to each other and then try to hold you responsible, heh.

My rant has me feeling very sad: Rejected from the Office Assistant position that I really thought I was going to get. And whoever drafted the letter couldn't even get my name right, although the office has my resume and application -- which tells me I could do her job better than she can, but here I am shut out without even an interview.

This is getting to be too much. I feel useless and I don't know what else to do.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:46 am

^^ hug I know how rough it is. I'm I friggin' career counselor and I can't even find a new job. sad or frown It's just a bad market for work right now. And traditional job search methods aren't working. Heck, networking ain't even working for me right now. Look at it this way, at least you got a rejection letter - that shows that at least they bothered to look over your application materials (even if they got your name wrong). I totally agree with you about incompetent people holding jobs that you would do better in. My dream job is to work as a career counselor at a college or university. Sometimes I don't even bother responding to those job ads because i think I don't meet the qualifications. But I've met many college career counselors - these folks aren't any smarter or better at career counseling than me. In fact, I don't even know how they were able to get these jobs in the first place. WTF?! wtf

My advice to you is the same as my advice to myself: don't give up. Keep trying. I know, it sounds cheesy, but what else are you gonna do? tongue

My rant: my coworker is still butt hurt over something I said to him months ago and he keeps trying to make me look stupid in front of the big boss during case conference. There's probably other stuff involved, like the fact that he's married to that other supervisor who's always a b!tch to me. Why are people so petty?

Is it lunch time yet?
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7583927
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 pm

RedAngel wrote:

This is getting to be too much. I feel useless and I don't know what else to do.

Other people being unable to appreciate your awesomeness, and your usefulness, are two very different things my lady. Please don't let someone who can't see the obvious, have you question your own merit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:19 pm

RedAngel wrote:
My rant has me feeling very sad: Rejected from the Office Assistant position that I really thought I was going to get. And whoever drafted the letter couldn't even get my name right, although the office has my resume and application -- which tells me I could do her job better than she can, but here I am shut out without even an interview.

hug hug I'm sorry to hear that, Red! It's a big frakkin mess all over lately. I know it sucks to think about, but have you considered perhaps a small, part time job just to help with some bills? Maybe a quaint place to be a barista or even a bartender? You could make awesome tips & it's fun to do. I hope you feel better soon, hon. nurse

My rant: f**k, I need more money for maintenance on my car. I drive A LOT due to living outside of a major city I have to commute to every day & not to mention the errands I have to run in town which take require more driving. I got my oil changed today & they found a plethora of stuff that needs fixed *sigh* I can't wait until October is over & I will have more time to find a part time job for these extra expenses Neutral I feel like I just keep running up a hill that continuously inclines. I might have to break down & ask my biological dad for some help with my car expenses. Or my aunt. I REALLY hate having to ask for money Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Diva, Spooky, WIR: Thank you so much for the support. hug

I know many of us are in the same boat, and I'm really sorry about that too -- but hearing from you helps me feel more grounded and less helpless. I'm not crazy; the job market is.

Diva, you're right about just continuing to try -- no other option. It's just that when I do get an interview or write a cover letter, and I need to explain why they should hire me, it's tough not to say "because the other dozen schmucks before you did not." I know you know the feeling, heh.

Spooky, I really do appreciate the reminder. This job hunt is screwing with my perspective.

WIR, having a part-time position could be really rewarding; it's not off the table so to speak. Here's the thing though: I have reason to believe my full-time job will dry up soon.

Boss sold the building a few months back, and we need to move by Jan. 9th, when our (nominal) rent shoots way up. Boss says he's looking at places, but keeps shooting down ideas; he lets me in on very little lately. We're cleaning, going through the motions to move, but let's face it: he's turning 65 in November, he's just gone on Medicare... what are the odds he wants to keep the business going? Also -- his bad business practices have been partly to blame for our current lack of success, and that won't change if we move. What would happen is that I'd invest loads of energy into the move, then we'd get there and business would be just as bad, and he'll only complain about not being able to make the rent. So, I'm really trying to get out while I can, before the mess and before the "spent" feeling sets in any further.

This job market is making so many of us really resilient... hope it pays off in a big way before long.

And WIR: I'm really sorry to hear about your car. sad or frown I can imagine; I get around a lot by foot and if my legs were somehow out of commission, I'd be pretty lost. Hope you are able to get the repairs you need without having to be too far indebted to anyone. Something's gotta get better... hug
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm

^^A part time job might be good for you. I know you are selling jewelry and such. I was really worried about the Mary Kay thing. I'm starting to do really well at it. I don't have the time to make the type of money I see other people making, but it's enough extra money for me to be able to get myself little extras now and again after paying bills.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:54 am

^^ True. I've been debating whether to take some things off Etsy and start making them available at the gallery again. Boss used to let me sell my jewelry out of a display case at the gallery; he's always been very encouraging of my jewelry making. I took my items out of the case a while back, for several reasons. Although he's invited me to bring pieces back, I'm reluctant to increase my dependence on the gallery right now (between the gallery's likely closure and the general antagonism I've been getting from him these days).
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:50 pm

I really don't want to be in the studio working on a project from 1 am to 5 am. I don't even have an idea for how I'm going to do this.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:04 pm

^From 1-5 am? Is it just going to be you, or with a group?

My boyfriend and I have been planning a trip with two close friends for a while to Cedar Point Halloweekends for a while. Its nothing too big, but it will be a fun little getaway for two days. Well, his sister and her 11 year old daughter really wanted to go on the same weekend. I was against it, because although I love his niece dearly..it was suppose to be a "grown up trip". Ok, I get over not having my little way and everything is fine. Its fine until my boyfriend mentioned how two of our friends are joining us on the trip. His sister for some reason is pissed, because she had this whole idea of going with just us.

My dear, you cannot jump on the bandwagon at the last minute, and start calling all the shots and getting pissed when things don't get your way. It doesn't work...trust me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 pm

^^It is just me by my lonesome in the studio. I'm really hoping alumni aren't taking over all night. If they do, they are going to be able to watch me sucking at life. You can see into both studios because they have a window connecting each other.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:02 pm

My life feels like a constant transition.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm

^^^I know the feeling...

I came home early from work today because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack at work... I think. I've never had one before so I don't know. I was extremely anxious, weepy, and having a little trouble breathing.

Now that I'm back to my room, I can breathe better, but I'm still on edge/anxious and weepy.

I asked a friend if he could come over because I somehow feel better when I'm around him. I doubt he will though. I was having a break down earlier this week and he didn't come because he had homework to do... granted, I only said that I was having a bad day, not a break down. Still doubt it though.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Bjevig
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 am

RedAngel wrote:
^^ True. I've been debating whether to take some things off Etsy and start making them available at the gallery again. Boss used to let me sell my jewelry out of a display case at the gallery; he's always been very encouraging of my jewelry making. I took my items out of the case a while back, for several reasons. Although he's invited me to bring pieces back, I'm reluctant to increase my dependence on the gallery right now (between the gallery's likely closure and the general antagonism I've been getting from him these days).

Take everything you can, give nothing back.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 am

RedAngel wrote:

I say go for it, if your profits better in the gallery then do it and dont worry about "increasing your dependence on the gallery" think of it as another way to make money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:56 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
I came home early from work today because I was on the verge of an anxiety attack at work... I think. I've never had one before so I don't know. I was extremely anxious, weepy, and having a little trouble breathing.

That is most likely what was going on. Hopefully you feel better and he was able to be there for you. I have a few other symptoms when I have one, but everyone is different.

In my news...

1. Matt is being a d**k. I'm stupid because I know stuff is messed up and yet I still don't want to go. I wanted to text him and say if I'm so horrible then he should just leave me, but I couldn't do it because I have a feeling it is going to happen anyway. I've felt this way before though and it didn't happen.

2. Since I spent pretty much all weekend working on one projects and not sleeping, I just want to relax today. Unfortunately my teachers hate me. So I have to study for a midterm, test, rewrite and edit every paper I've ever done for my death and dying class as well as write a review for each peice. I have two projects that I have to do tomorrow.

3. I spent so much time on the project I turned it, that I'm afraid I didn't make it entertaining enough or missed something I should have edited out.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6158911
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Feeling very anxious and on edge lately. Just want to crawl into a hole and stay there for a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:21 am

I woke up with a headache and the damn thing won't go away. Tylenol isn't working and neither has caffeine. tear
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 am

Ok, this is going to sound silly and petty but here goes: for my friend's wedding she wants us bridesmaids to get our hair and makeup done professionally. I have not stepped foot in a hair salon in over eight years, and I am not going to begin to now. She wants us to put our hair up, but I hate the way I look with my hair up. Plus my hair is really long now and it's all the same length (no bangs or layers) so there's not much that could be done with it. As for the makeup, I think I do a fantastic job so I'm not going to let someone touch my face.

But it is her wedding...so I guess we can meet somewhere in the middle.

By the way, while some people think of a trip to the salon to be a relaxing pampering experience, I find the whole thing dreadful and anxiety inducing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next