TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love

Go down 
+7
Ginger_Snaps
RedAngel
TheDarkHippie
helen damnation
cynfullov
MoonRaven
ravengrim
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Evil10
More Numbers : 7682004
Registration date : 2008-07-21

"I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Empty
PostSubject: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Erika La Tour Eiffel certainly has a romantic history unlike any other. The 36-year-old woman from San Francisco, California, has a distinct love interest—in an inanimate object.

La Tour Eiffel was married to the Eiffel Tower last year in Paris, France. She had a complete wedding ceremony with friends and family on site, where she legally changed her last name. Apparently, she also promised "eternal love" to the monument, according to one source. La Tour Eiffel
was diagnosed with a post-traumatic stress disorder, but she claims that her objects have helped her get through the tough times.
The scary thing about this whole situation—La Tour Eiffel is not the only one who has taken massive steps to connect with an inanimate object.

Asperger syndrome seems to be at the root of people getting into relationships or having intense feelings for inanimate objects. People diagnosed with this condition normally have lots of trouble with basic social skills and interaction with others. While people diagnosed with Asperger syndrome do have basic desires to have real, human relationships, a good number of them opt to have relationships with inanimate objects. In addition, diagnosed individuals also tend to have intense, focused interests.

Another group that tends to have these same kind of feelings for inanimate objects are characterized as the "objectum sexual." People who are part of this group have romantic lives that revolve around mostly inanimate objects.

People who suffer from either of these conditions may believe that an inanimate object has a soul. Elja-Riitta Berliner-Mauer, an individual who changed her last name to reflect the German wall, stated that it was perfectly normal for people in Eastern cultures to believe that these objects have souls. For many Americans, it is awfully hard to see where they are coming from—but it may just be a part of the disorder or syndrome that these individuals suffer from.

One of the most amazing things about the story is the fact that Erika La Tour Eiffel actually went through and had a ceremony with this object. It is amazing to see what people will turn to next to fulfill their deepest desires.

Well whatever makes you happy I guess.

Last edited by ravengrim on Tue May 26, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7674618

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:14 pm

I'm not sure whether to laugh at the woman or feel bad for her Neutral
And how exactly does one go about having a ceremony and such...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7639570
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:23 pm

The consummation parts what I'm wondering about.

This is kind of sad. But like ravengrim said "if it makes her happy." It reminds me of some movie I saw years and years ago of this guy that had got this " special" mannequin and fell in love with her. Took her everywhere. Wish I could remember the name of that?

Well. This is one more thing I can check off my list of..of my not having.
How many of us talk to our cars as if they were people? Even to the point of referring to them as a he or she? Hey.. I'm not claiming I do this now. I have known guys that have gotten pretty into their cars though.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7673313

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Laughing Laughing

I'm rather fond of the Marquis of Anglesey's Column but not that fond. Still whatever floats your boat!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:46 pm

MoonRaven wrote:
I'm not sure whether to laugh at the woman or feel bad for her Neutral

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7342131
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:45 pm

wow, that is nuts!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:43 pm

cynfullov wrote:
It reminds me of some movie I saw years and years ago of this guy that had got this " special" mannequin and fell in love with her. Took her everywhere. Wish I could remember the name of that?

Was that "Lars and the Real Girl"? My husband and I saw that. It was sort of sad and poignant; not bad, but I wouldn't see it 2x.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Bjevig
More Numbers : 7579650
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:12 am

I would be more concerned for the woman's long term mental health. She needs some serious help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7526049
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:31 am

I once seen this documentary on people who fell in love with objects instead of people. This is no different then those men you hear about loving helicopters and cars. If it makes them happy I say do it. I'm not going to complain about people who get hitched or in love with an object at least the worlds population would not be almost to the point of being overrun if more people fell in~love with an object. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Well, I just had an argument with my Beloved, so right now I'm wishing *I* married the Eiffel Tower. tongue

It wouldn't end well; I don't speak French. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7574983
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Now if we could only get gay marriage legalized. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 7526049
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:41 am

RedAngel wrote:
Well, I just had an argument with my Beloved, so right now I'm wishing *I* married the Eiffel Tower. tongue

It wouldn't end well; I don't speak French. LOL

But my dear love is the universal language. Wink
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 7639570
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 pm

RedAngel wrote:
cynfullov wrote:
It reminds me of some movie I saw years and years ago of this guy that had got this " special" mannequin and fell in love with her. Took her everywhere. Wish I could remember the name of that?

Was that "Lars and the Real Girl"? My husband and I saw that. It was sort of sad and poignant; not bad, but I wouldn't see it 2x.

Aw no, but thanks! It's older than Lars and the Real Girl which came out around 2007. That one is really sad. The more I think on it, at least inanimate objects don't go out purposly to hurt you or break your heart so meh

Last edited by cynfullov on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Evil10
More Numbers : 7682004

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Sounds like the movie Mannequin to me cyn or maybe the movie One Touch Of Venus?

One Touch Of Venus

Mannequin
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7676633

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:53 pm

cynfullov wrote:
RedAngel wrote:
cynfullov wrote:

Aw no, but thanks! It's older than Lars and the Real Girl which came out around 2007. That one is really sad. The more I think on it, at least inanimate objects don't go out purposly to hurt you or break your heart so meh
was it "Mannequin"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Lolita Rose
Lolita Rose

Scorpio Horse
Number of posts : 114
: : "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7565644
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Morwenna wrote:
Now if we could only get gay marriage legalized. Rolling Eyes
I quite agree. Someone ought to bring that up at one of the protests.

Eh, if she wants to marry the Eiffel Tower I see no problem with it. It is strange, but then people are strange.

Wouldn't this be better classified as a Fetish than as a mental disorder?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love   "I Married the Eiffel Tower" -- San Francisco Woman Declares True Love I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1