TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

"Online" vs. "offline" personalities?

Go down 
+7
helen damnation
La Diva Carlotta
Succubus
Ginger_Snaps
squeakychewtoy
angelofthenight
Maxmordon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7565848
Registration date : 2008-07-28

"Online" vs. "offline" personalities? Empty
PostSubject: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 am

Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7573748
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 1:20 am

I kinda disagree with that one. I'm very nice and friendly online. Online, I let people get away with anything. Offline, if someone says something I don't like, they'll hear about it. I'm passive online, assertive offline. I take things personally offline more than online. The main reason being the person really doesn't know me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
squeakychewtoy
squeakychewtoy

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 227
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7507734
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:20 am

Yeah, I'm just as nice online as I am in real-life. Maybe I'm a bit more open with my opinions online, but I'm not mean. I'm also more horny online... eheh. ^^; But then again it's with someone I know offline, too, so nyeh. tongue It's a bit easier to share my feelings when I'm hiding behind a computer screen, also. So said person I've been getting horny with... probably wouldn't have known I was attracted to him otherwise. I had to tell him in an email. faint
Back to top Go down
http://www.christieeanneart.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7577024

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 am

"Faceless communication online or over phone often turns nice people nasty"

This is pretty evident on youtube. Even though I am the same online as I am offline, the internet and it's lack of face to face communication affords people the opportunity to be rude and disrespectful. I don't think it is a personality split because the internet is a reflection of real life--they may be kind to your face but once you turn your back they are spitting on you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7523423
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 am

I have to disagree also with that article. I am the same online as I am in offline.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7577988
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:03 am

It's a very intetresting article, Jose. Thanks for sharing.

We don't really see any of this nonsense on this board, but I belong to a few others where people are downright nasty. When nobody knows who you are, it's quite easy to get carried away and post what you really think about something or someone, because you know you can get away with it. In real life, not so much.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7670687
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm exactly the same person on here as I am in real life. I try to treat people well and I would be absolutely horrified if I thought I had upset somebody

The way I see it is that whether people are right in your face or behind a monitor on the other side of the World they are still people with emotions and feelings and that matters
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7577024

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Maybe it's just a goth thing that we are the same online as we are offline.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:21 pm

People ARE excessively rude/bigoted/discriminatory online versus how I assume they carry themselves IRL.... the safety net the anonymity provides does crazy things to people.... you see their real nature underneath the veil of how they MUST conduct themselves usually in order to function in society... Shocked

I can say without a doubt though that much like the rest of you guys I personally am the same exact person, and act the same exact way, IRL as I do here. And as Angel said above^^, she is a doll IRL just as she is here. Smile
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:57 pm

^^ Hehe aww. blush

Yeah, I don't think most of us act any differently. And Akasha's right. She does act the same both on and offline and I think that's the way it should be, especially if you get attached to the members you're talking to. Acting differently is a false image, which I think is a shame. It's hard to get to know someone irl when they act snobbish and rude online all the time. When I met Akasha, I wasn't surprised by the way she acted because she's still the caring funny person you see online. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:10 pm

^AWWwww! This is why i love this girlie. hug
Back to top Go down
Apocalypse
Apocalypse

Number of posts : 237
More Numbers : 7545892
Registration date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:49 pm

I'm pretty certain that I do act differently than compared to how I am online because not everything I think and feel translates well in text.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/apocalypsenotquiteyet
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7566858

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:50 am

I am exactly this way, aside from the fact that I don't speak in a certain size and style of font.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 am

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
^AWWwww! This is why i love this girlie. hug

Aww, I love you too my little vamp. hug heart

And Spooky, if you did talk with a size and font, i'd be scared. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7566858

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 am

You'd have to let people know:

"THIS IS MY CAPS LOCK VOICE, AND I'M VERY MAD"
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7565848

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:25 am

So... you are an anthropomorphic representation of DEATH?
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7509833
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:01 pm

I think that I am quite different online than I am offline, due to the impersonal of the internet. In real life, I'm very shy around strangers. When I so much as give a stranger a small compliment, I tend to blush and trip over my own words. Online I feel a lot more free, and I don't worry so much about being socially awkward. I tend to be a lot more open online, because I feel as if most of the communities I hang out n online aren't that judgmental.

I also think that I'm nicer (though whinier) online. I tend to speak about the not-so-nice things I deal with in my life, whereas in real life I feel like I'm burdening people if I talk about those things. As for the 'nicer' part, I'm pretty good natured offline, though I certainly have my moments of anger. But this doesn't really show through online...
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? Evil10
More Numbers : 7679378
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:47 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
So... you are an anthropomorphic representation of DEATH?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Online" vs. "offline" personalities?   "Online" vs. "offline" personalities? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Online" vs. "offline" personalities?
Page 1 of 1