TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7626440
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 Empty
PostSubject: Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955   Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:58 am

updated 9:15 p.m. EDT, Wed June 17, 2009

From Stacey Newman
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Police said Wednesday that a private DNA test indicates a "probability" that a Michigan man was a 2-year-old Long Island child who disappeared in 1955.

The Michigan man, John Robert Barnes, approached Nassau County police twice in March claiming he is Steven Damman, the toddler who disappeared 54 years ago, Detective Lt. Kevin Smith said.

According to Smith, Barnes tracked down the woman who could be his sister, Pamela Damman, and the two conducted their own private DNA tests, which showed a "probability" that the two are siblings.

The FBI is currently awaiting its own test results in the case. But Sandra Berchtold, spokeswoman for the FBI Detroit bureau, said as people come forward talking to the media about the case, the FBI "isn't confirming or denying any statements made by these individuals."

In 1955, Marilyn Damman took her toddler, Steven, and his baby sister, Pamela, to a bakery in East Meadow. The mother went inside to do some quick shopping, leaving her 2-year-old and baby girl in the stroller outside. But Damman told authorities that when she returned, her children were gone. A short time later, blocks away, the baby girl was found unharmed and the stroller was intact, but Steven was missing, Smith said.

A flier circulated by police at the time of Steven's disappearance, described him as having blond hair, blue eyes and a small scar under his chin. The toddler was last seen wearing blue overalls, a blue shirt, a red sweater and brown shoes.

The disappearance attracted widespread attention, including an interview with the boy's mother in the Saturday Evening Post magazine a year after the disappearance.

Thousands of searchers looked for the toddler, but the boy was nowhere to be found. Hitting one dead end after the next, the Dammans packed up and moved from New York back to Iowa, said Jerry Damman, the boy's father.

And until now, they thought there was little chance of ever seeing their son again, he said.

Jerry Damman, who lives on a farm in Iowa, said authorities have contacted him, but he has not given DNA samples at this point.

A few years back, Steven Damman's sister, Pamela, gave a DNA sample in connection with the 1957 Philadelphia case of a young boy's body found in a box. In that decades-old case, all indications were it was not Steven Damman.

This is a remarkable story that after so may years that little boy would be a alive considering how so many of theses cases end. And I am not saying this in anyway to sound or be mean to that poor woman or her family, but can you just imagine....

In 1955, Marilyn Damman took her toddler, Steven, and his baby sister, Pamela, to a bakery in East Meadow. The mother went inside to do some quick shopping, leaving her 2-year-old and baby girl in the stroller outside. But Damman told authorities that when she returned, her children were gone. A short time later, blocks away, the baby girl was found unharmed and the stroller was intact, but Steven was missing, Smith said.

... A mother leaving her children today outside in a stroller while she goes inside a store to shop. Sometimes I'm set back at thinking how our society has changed. How back then it wasn't thought of as anything to do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955   Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 pm

In a city like New York, I don't think it was ever appropriate to leave your children outside alone.... but it could also depend on the area of town.

It would be nice if it was him though.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7626440
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955   Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh Man... that's pretty embarassing too for your Dad to tell basically everybody that he was there when you were born & that you haven't been out of his or his mother's site.
Embarassed That's a B-A-D BAD Happy Father's Day gift right there.

DNA debunks Mich. man's hunch he was snatched tot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955   Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police: 'Probability' exists man is N.Y. boy who vanished in 1955
Page 1 of 1