TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday Evil10
More Numbers : 7667561
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday Empty
PostSubject: Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday   Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Police officers have been given the right to take days off to dance naked on the solstices, celebrate fertility rituals and burn Yule logs if they profess pagan beliefs.

The Pagan Police Association claimed yesterday that it had been recognised by the Home Office as a “diversity staff support association” — a status also enjoyed by groups representing female, black, gay, Muslim and disabled officers.

Endorsement would mean that chief constables could not refuse a pagan officer’s request to take feast days as part of his or her annual leave. The eight pagan festivals include Imbolc (the feast of lactating sheep), Lammas (the harvest festival) and the Summer Solstice (when mead drinking and naked dancing are the order of the day).

Problematically, the pagan festivals also include Samhain (known to non-pagans as Hallowe’en), a day when police leave is often cancelled because of the high incidence of vandalism, violence and antisocial behaviour.

Nice to see other religions getting recognition finally.
But the story seems to say that some people weren't too pleased about that.No shock there.

Story continued at the link.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7658870

PostSubject: Re: Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday   Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:21 pm

I found the wording of the article mildly offensive but I do hope that it sets a precedent although somehow I cant see my company allowing me time off for occasions which are important to me but mean diddly squat to them.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7555041
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday   Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:42 pm

helen damnation wrote:
I found the wording of the article mildly offensive but I do hope that it sets a precedent although somehow I cant see my company allowing me time off for occasions which are important to me but mean diddly squat to them.

The verbiage of the article clearly had an undertone of being sardonic, with the journalist (term used loosely), poking fun of the history and practices of Pagan celebrations.

Perhaps if one wrote:
Police Officers will soon be allowed to take off for Easter; a holiday where practitioners worship the death of a man whose mother was a virgin. Celebrating acts of cannibalism, blood-drinking, torture, raising of the dead, and large invisible rabbits which place the painted eggs of chickens around one's property.

Then Christian holidays would seem a bit silly too.

Freedom of religion only seems important to most people when it's their religion, and everyone else seems to get the dust-off, head-shake, or eye-roll treatment. Sad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7658870

PostSubject: Re: Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday   Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:22 pm

clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday   Pagan police get right to take festivals as holiday I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1