TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?

Go down 
+16
deadcoldgothgirl
SPF
Spooky
Ginger_Snaps
BadArt23
helen damnation
Nightmistress
Vampira132
GothicScrybe
RedAngel
TheDarkHippie
MoonRaven
Alenuska
endless dark
La Diva Carlotta
cynfullov
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7625127
Registration date : 2008-08-20

What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:01 am

My favorite time of the year is... Fall!

One reason being, and this is so oh how hard to guess.. HALLOWEEN! pumpkin I've always loved the weather and it being the time of harvest.

What is yours and why?

My least favorite is... Summer. faint uhh.
Wait wait wait!... I pretty much loath winter because of driving on solid sheet of ice roads. *shares the faint smilie with this*

Last edited by cynfullov on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7566171
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 am

I love the Fall: the leaves turning colors, pumpkins, my birthday and Halloween a week apart, the cool crisp air, the fashion possibilities, Thanksgiving Day roast pork, snuggle weather, etc.

I also love the spring: things are blooming, the pretty flowers, the comfortable weather, the rain, the longer days, fashion possibilities, etc.

I hate the summer in NYC: the hot sticky humid weather, the bugs, the smell of festering garbage, the nasty people wearing things they shouldn't be wearing (or not wearing things in general), the sun the sun the sun, etc.

Ya know, summers in my native Puerto Rico are much more pleasant. Why is that?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7662190
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:28 am

cynfullov wrote:
My favorite time of the year is... Fall!

One reason being, and this is so oh how hard to guess.. HALLOWEEN! pumpkin I've always loved the weather and it being the time of harvest.

What is yours and why?

My least favorite is... Summer. faint uhh.
Wait wait wait!... I pretty much loath winter because of driving on solid sheet of ice roads. *shares the faint smilie with this*
yep, same here...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7557809
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:50 am

I love autumn for the nights get dark quicker the smell of the leaf's the crisp dampness in the air the colors halloween ghost walks pumpkins also its a great time to wear some of my oufits that are to hot to wear during the summer time

Least Favorite summer its to bright I dislike the rude tourists we get here that try to take pictures of me dressed up or whom try to touch my clothing. Its also to humid and makes wearing pvc difficult.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7660175

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Well i would say summer shock
Maybe it's cause I was born in July so I don't mind the hot weather. I know that when winter rolls around I start counting the days until summer. I love the sun. I love seeing my dad in his garden. or when he is mowing the lawn.
Sitting in my backyard is the best in the summer. All the flowers and our grapevine. Very relaxing in my backyard. I'M NOT AT WORK!! HAHA. Me and Michael take walks and I don't have to worry about putting on jackets or sweaters.
Though I will admit I hate the people that come out of hiding in the summer. Not sure if it's just here but all the bums and weirdos come out. That's the one thing i hate.
But I do love the fall too. There's a certain vibe that is hard to explain. The chill. The smell in the air. Something....I can't put my finger on it. Of course Halloween too witch
I hate the winter. Don't like the cold. Don't like the ice. Don't mind the snow if it's a light snow fall. Don't like the fact that I can't go out tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7327688
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Definitly the fall. The weather in TN finally stops bieng so icky and the mountains are beautiful when the trees turn colors. Halloweenis a definite plus! grin Not to mention that the days get shorter.

Depending on which home I am at, my least favorite one changes. In Tn it is the summer because it is always so hot and sticky and humid. But I also don't like the NY winters. They are so friggin cold! it's quite honestly ridicoulous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7394142
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Normal seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.
CT Seasons: Winter, Winter, Summer, Heaven, Winter, Winter.
NC Seasons: Spring, Bug-Infested Swamp Hell, Fall, Ice.

My favorite is Autumn. I can find something to love about each season, certainly. Spring in CT is a break from all the freezing weather, and in NC there's color all over. Summer used to be my favorite, and I still like it -- I just swap black velvet for sleeveless and sheer things. There's something to be said for the feeling of a black silk georgette skirt rustling against one's legs in a summer breeze. And winter is beautiful, though painfully cold. I appreciate its beauty until about mid-January, then it's overstayed its welcome.

But Autumn! In CT it meant technicolor leaves (we don't get such bright colors down here -- I really miss the reds!), apple orchards, hot cider and hot chocolate, and a scent in the air that's uniquely New England. I remember one Fall semester in college when we did a raku glaze firing in my ceramic professor's backyard -- at dusk we put our glazed projects into the blazing brush and hay, and once they came out, they were shimmering tones of blue and cranberry.

Autumn still holds some magic for me down here, too. I get to bring out all the fall clothes, the sumptuous fabrics, and there's still a scent to the air, one of chilled dry leaves. I even love the candles! Purr-chouli (what they used to call Witches' Brew), and Fall Festival. grin

OK, thanks for letting me muse!
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
More Numbers : 7566171

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 am

^^Damn, what part of Connecticut is that?! My brother just moved to Waterbury. Is that what he has to look forward to? shock
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Evil10
More Numbers : 7297913
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 pm

My favorite season is Fall.

It's hard to put in to words why.

All I can say is, the cooler air (spend one summer in Florida and all will be made clear) the crispness of everything, the cloudier days and just the general feel of the leeching sun diminishing and a quiet solitude taking over.
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
^^Damn, what part of Connecticut is that?! My brother just moved to Waterbury. Is that what he has to look forward to? shock

Well, I last visited the orchards in my teens & early 20s, so they might be Wal-Marts now ( Rolling Eyes ), but one of the orchards was about 30 mins. outside New London (maybe Lyman Orchards?), and the other was in the Avon/Canton area. The ceramics firing was in the Ledyard/Preston area, some beautiful country-ish land outside the more developed cities. If he's looking for orchards, he might try this site:

http://www.allaboutapples.com/orchard/ct02.htm

As for the Autumn colors -- the reds are usually Sugar Maples, I think. You see them more often near VT, but there are a few in CT too. And the colors are brighter in the Northeast overall because of the more dramatic cold snaps between summer and autumn. Down here we get beautiful colors, but not as bright b/c it's Indian Summer easing into autumn. Nice thing about NC, though, is that it's usually warm enough on Oct. 31 that you don't need to wear a jacket over your Halloween costume! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:45 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
My favorite season is Fall.

It's hard to put in to words why.

All I can say is, the cooler air (spend one summer in Florida and all will be made clear) the crispness of everything, the cloudier days and just the general feel of the leeching sun diminishing and a quiet solitude taking over.

That's a lovely description. Autumn does feel like a sort of ending or close. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:55 pm

I love fall, spring, and summer. I hate winter.

Summer: I was born in July and July 4th I get to blow stuff up.

Spring: Tornado season and thunderstorms.

Fall: Nice weather, falling leaves, Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7654458

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:57 pm

My favourite is Winter. I love the connection of Christmas, putting the xmas tree up, spending time with the people I love. I love it when it gets darker n darker and im all nice and warm inside my bed. I just wish it would snow for once this time, I've not seen snow in a VERY long time.

~~
Least favourite is Summer, just like everyone else. Maybe we should just hibernate?
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Vampira132 wrote:

~~
Least favourite is Summer, just like everyone else. Maybe we should just hibernate?

I'm all for that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nightmistress
Nightmistress

Sagittarius Goat
Number of posts : 491
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7560507

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Vampira132 wrote:

Hell yes! Sounds like a great idea! grin

For me it's either Fall or spring. Not to hot and not too cold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/XwhipsXchainsXhandcuffs
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 pm

Speaking of seasons, I just found out that Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" was composed with a sonnet in mind for each of the movements.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Four_Seasons_Sonnets
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 am

RedAngel wrote:
Speaking of seasons, I just found out that Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" was composed with a sonnet in mind for each of the movements.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Four_Seasons_Sonnets

Cool!
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7658870

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:26 pm

My favourite season has to be Autumn because of Halloween and Bonfire night and the clocks going back giving us lovely long dark nights.

I love Spring because of Nature just coming back to life again and putting on her prettiest frock BUT.........

I also love Summer whistle I love lying in the garden with a good book just relaxing and feeling the sun on my bones. I also love seeing women with bad tattoos and muffin tops who make me wonder why the hell I have such a problem with self image Laughing
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7557730
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:42 pm

I like summer because the weather here is always 90 to 100 degrees, it's sunny out, and great swimming weather. And vacaaaaaaaaaaaaationnnnnnnnssss
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7565207
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:32 am

Autumn, hands down. Not necessarily for Halloween but for the mild to cool weather and beautiful colors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7555041
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:49 pm

Autumn... and thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:16 pm

"Autumn in her flaming dress,
Of orange, brown, gold fallen leaves.

My mistress of the frigid night,
I worship, pray to, on my knees."

Can't get here soon enough. heart
(Also can't believe he left out red. Maples -- come on!)
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7550406
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 pm

I am a fan of the third season, fall. I love watching the leaves turn colors and wearing fall clothing. Oh and Halloween!!

I like summer too b/c I get to work at camp. I just have to make sure to bath in SPF every day
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7563997
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:23 am

I really like spring and fall. In both it isn't too hot or too cold. With spring you get to see everything coming back to life and see color after a long plain winter. I also am in love with fall. I love to see the colors of the leaves and obviously love halloween. You can see the death of everything that was once so full of life and color.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7539670
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Every season except winter Smile
I loathe it
It makes me feel & go like so: chains frustated bars or trapt
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?   What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite.. Season & Why?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next