TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

In-Progress or Concept Thread

Go down 
+2
TheDarkHippie
albinasamara
6 posters
AuthorMessage
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7581525
Registration date : 2008-07-22

In-Progress or Concept Thread Empty
PostSubject: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:28 am

Well there's a thread for finished D.I.Y projects but not for designs, ideas, or in-progress projects!

Plus I just wanted to show off my steampunk costume idea :-) But I want everyone to post their stuff here too!

The costume design. I color in with markers and I was playing around with "watercoloring." The main colors will be coppery and dark teal. The red arrow is pointing to the color that the corset and spats will be.

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/albinasamara/steampunk_sm.jpg

The dress that I will be using to make the corset, spats, a bow for the hat and whatever other things may come to mind. Sorry for the picture quality, the fabric is like taffeta which doesn't respond well to the flash I suppose:

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/albinasamara/012.jpg

Other bits and bobs I've found. The colors of these things are more vivid IRL. The brown ribbon with flowers will go on the hat, as will the key (I have 2 of them!)

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/albinasamara/014.jpg

I have a fair-sized shopping list that includes brown boots, pants and jacket and other bits and bobs. My mom gave me a leather tool holder that you hang off your belt, which needs cleaned and oiled but it's pretty cool. I also found a thick cardboard paper towel roll which I am going to mod into a spyglass :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7347383
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:27 pm

That design is soo pretty Albinasamara! I love the color of that Dress you are going to use and the bits and bobs are just amazing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7517711
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 2:46 am

That design is beautiful! I can't wait to see it once it's finished! grin
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks everyone and I'm sorry for my sporadic posting....I had to put the steampunk on the back burner for now but there's always next year!
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread Bjevig
More Numbers : 7584902

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 am

Not necessarily my design or concept, but I am working on this pattern. I'm pretty much following it and not doing too much as far as alteration except I might place the zipper in the front. Black, of course. I will say, there are a ton of pieces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 am

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Not necessarily my design or concept, but I am working on this pattern. I'm pretty much following it and not doing too much as far as alteration except I might place the zipper in the front. Black, of course. I will say, there are a ton of pieces.

Shocked $25 for a sewing pattern?!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:

That's very pretty Ginger. An elegant design. I like the sound of having the zipper at the front.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Ginger_Snaps wrote:

Shocked $25 for a sewing pattern?!

That is a tad expensive since I'm used to getting one for $5 at Wal-Mart, but I got it on ebay for $17. But the thing about patterns if, as long as you stay within the sizes in the pattern, you can use it over and over and over again for many years. So, it's actually kinda worth it.
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:39 am

Pretty, Ginger! I want pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 pm

So, how hard do you all think it would be to make this outfit in real life?

In-Progress or Concept Thread 22671_1349171126466_1146979690_1077590_3924018_n
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:35 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
So, how hard do you all think it would be to make this outfit in real life?

In-Progress or Concept Thread 22671_1349171126466_1146979690_1077590_3924018_n

Edit: thought the picture you posted was part of your signature.

It's kinda hard to tell since the picture is small, but it looks like you could find a simple pattern for the halter and pants. I can't tell if those are points in the pants or part of an accessory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 pm

^^Heh yeah... Gaia doesn't really do big pictures of avatars.

There's a halter, belly tattoo, and pants with separate anklet scarf things. tongue
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 pm

The scarves just aren't going to fly like that without placing a wire along the edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:11 pm

As mentioned in This post, I decided to make a bigger seated Goddess flanked by two large felines... here's what I have so far. There's a US nickel at the front of the throne for size comparison.

In-Progress or Concept Thread 23485_1422931130420_1146979690_1265341_2391439_n
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Why you talented Nsanelilmunky You!

ooOOO I can't wait to see it when it's done! great 2 thumbs up and'a Big toe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 pm

^^^Thankies. Smile It's going to take a while though... I'm just now done with the second cat. ...Not sure if I'm going to do anything with the throne, so on to the goddess I guess.

EDIT: Here's the Catalhoyuk statue that I'm taking inspiration from..clicky
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7517711
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Right now I'm working on a bit of textile design work, and dappling with pattern drafting (I'm in a pattern drafting class at the moment, which is helping a ton!)

For this semester after flip-flopping around for a bit, I've started to do some textile design work based on colonial New England gravestone designs, and have been loving that. I'm planning on using the textiles I make (which are largely going to be embossed velvet) to make absolutely luscious clothing.

My only problem is that my adviser (who makes the call whether I have to repeat this semester or not) wants my work to be more narrative. I'm still wondering how to achieve this. I was thinking of maybe doing a narrative photoshoot for each garment and including it as part of my review board, but I'm still unsure... it seems too much like the easy way out.
Maybe I should instead make some artist's books, outlining the type of person who would be wearing each garment (translating them into a fictional character, then making a diary, sketchbook, or scrapbook for them) and also include "artifacts" from the character's everyday life as part of my garment presentation? Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:42 pm

This is how the hat looks.. and don't mind the pin. It won't be there for long.

In-Progress or Concept Thread 69889_1654771886294_1146979690_1856407_6713913_n
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : In-Progress or Concept Thread Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7347383
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Looks good! I can't wait to see the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 pm

^^^Danke Smile I have the majority of it sewn together, but there's still a lot to be done yet Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In-Progress or Concept Thread   In-Progress or Concept Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In-Progress or Concept Thread
Page 1 of 1