TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers Evil10
More Numbers : 7672813
Registration date : 2008-07-21

news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers Empty
PostSubject: Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers   news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by Bangla Deshi papers

Two Bangladeshi newspapers have apologised after publishing an article taken from a satirical US website which claimed the Moon landings were faked.

The Daily Manab Zamin said US astronaut Neil Armstrong had shocked a news conference by saying he now knew it had been an "elaborate hoax".

Neither they nor the New Nation, which later picked up the story, realised the Onion was not a genuine news site.

Both have now apologised to their readers for not checking the story.

"We thought it was true so we printed it without checking," associate editor Hasanuzzuman Khan told the AFP news agency.

"We didn't know the Onion was not a real news site."

The article said Mr Armstrong had told a news conference he had been "forced to reconsider every single detail of the monumental journey after watching a few persuasive YouTube videos and reading several blog posts" by a conspiracy theorist.

"It took only a few hastily written paragraphs published by this passionate denier of mankind's so-called 'greatest technological achievement' for me to realise I had been living a lie," the fake article "quoted" Mr Armstrong as saying.

The made-up quote went on to say that although the journey had felt real, in fact "the entire thing was filmed on a sound stage, most likely in New Mexico".

"I suppose it really was one small step for man, one giant lie for mankind."

'Numerous hits'

The story was published on the Onion's website on Monday and on Wednesday, the Daily Manab Zamin translated it into Bengali, attributing it to the Onion News Network in Lebanon, Ohio. It then ran in New Nation on Thursday.

Daily Manab Zamin, the only tabloid newspaper in Bangladesh, published an apology to its readers on Thursday, saying the report had "drawn a lot of attention".

"We've since learned that the fun site runs false and juicy reports based on a historic incident," it said.

"The Moon landing one was such a story, which received numerous hits on the internet.

"The truth is that Neil Armstrong never gave such an interview. It was made up. We are sorry for publishing the report without checking the information."

This is just sad.
Stories like this make me long for the days of real journalists.
Back to top Go down

news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers   news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7571423
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers   news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Ya know, I don't think this is the first time another news agency borrowed something from the Onion and reported it as a true news story. I vaguely remember this happening before.

I think the world is getting dumber and dumber.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7664122
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers   news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Were the moon landings not a hoax then? naughty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers   news - Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onion story of NASA Moon-landing hoax treated as real news by BanglaDeshi papers
Page 1 of 1