TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"

Go down 
+4
GhostRed
Ginger_Snaps
La Diva Carlotta
ravengrim
8 posters

Is this webservice justified in ending the memberships of less than perfect people?
Yes
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_lcap7%Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
No
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_lcap53%Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 8 ]
I Don't Know
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_lcap20%Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Acceptable Under Certain Circumstances
Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_lcap20%Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Evil10
More Numbers : 7685943
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Empty
PostSubject: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Is it a simple case of out-of-control elitism, or is it just the right thing to do?

The dating service BeautifulpPople.com has dumped thousands of members. The reason? Because they're too fat, reports CBS Station WCBS in New York.

Log on to the dating Web site BeautifulPeople.com and you won't find any ugly people. Now, according to the site's owners, you won't find any fat ones either.

"We especially noticed that from November - as we all know, Thanksgiving - all the way through New Year, members had been gaining weight and sort of letting themselves go," managing director Genevieve Maylam said.

So the site dumped 5,000 subscribers who, they say, overindulged.

The Web site says it received complaints from members that there were too many "fatties" roaming around, and not enough beauties.

"I just think that's horrible, it's horrible," TriBeCa resident Tobey Hayduk said.

Those members who didn't meet the beauty benchmark received an e-mail explaining that they had been expelled because of their extra pounds. The message also included some tips on working out, and an invitation to reapply when they slimmed down.

CBS 2 took the site's plan to a New York Sports Club.

"Cruel and unusual punishment, probably, is the best thing to say," Gramercy resident Beth Roberts said.

"I think it's awful - however, it's kind of what you signed up for," TriBeCa resident Tori Maisey said.

Body image expert Karen Salmansohn says the Web site's harsh rejection could be damaging even to people who aren't on it.

"I think it's kind of actually scary that they would kick off people because they packed on a couple pounds over the holidays," Salmonsohn said. "It's a wrong message. Chemistry's such a mysterious thing."

"I think the physical aspect is definitely not number one for me," Prospect Heights resident Tracy Copeland said. "It's a part of it, but I don't think I should log on to beautifulpeople.com and actually find someone to date."

Those behind BeautifulPeople.com make no apologies and say what their site lacks in political correctness, it makes up for in honesty.

More than 1,500 members from the U.S. were kicked out, nearly double any other country, because the folks who run the Web site say Americans pig out more than anyone else during the holidays.

Right or wrong what do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Well.... it is kinda' what they signed up for. To be singled out on looks.

For that site... maybe called for, for about any other site, uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7584553
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:38 am

^^I couldn't agree more. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 am

All of the above. If (I heard about this on the radio and they say they do) they advertise that they are only for the "attractive," then it is in their right to kick out anyone who has a single extra pound to their gut. I find it distasteful and disrespectful, but then that just means that I won't sign up to that site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7578844
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah, I saw this in the documentary America the Beautiful. The owners were trying to say that it's not all looks, it is "inner-beauty", too. Yeah, right.
Back to top Go down
chelseagirl
chelseagirl

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 311
More Numbers : 7561787
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:06 pm

What I want to know is....how did the site owners find out that their members gained weight? I mean, I don't think people would update their profiles to add newer, fatter pictures of themselves, nor would anyone update their profile to say, "hey, I gained 30 pounds over christmas!"

???
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" 25883sk
More Numbers : 7412524
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:56 pm

I saw this on CNN. It's pretty disgusting... they seem to be a bunch of looks-obsessed people striving to maintain an artificial and surface-only sort of beauty. In other words, conformists who work really hard at conforming. How utterly not-beautiful.

Hey, that's a good question Chelsea's got -- how would anyone know about the weight gain? Holiday weight gain usually isn't too visible, anyway. Maybe it's just a publicity stunt?
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" Bjevig
More Numbers : 7582379
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 pm

They signed up because they wanted to feel they belonged amongst the "beautiful people."

Things happened and the owners and operators of the site disagreed that they belonged there. Seems to me that's completely their right.

The people who got kicked got exactly what they wanted when they signed up. They were judged.

Just unfortunately for them happens they were found lacking for what the site considered a minimum standard of attractiveness.
Back to top Go down
ani raina
ani raina

Taurus Number of posts : 39
: : Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 6632001
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

sigh...it's really the BP members Rolling Eyes who voted the "imperfect" people out...i read the beautifulpeople.com info and they SAY beauty is the the eye blah blah blah, (we know already) but it's the MEMBERS who judge the beauty status and vote out the "applicants" who are not attractive in THEIR eyes...they might as well make this a reality show! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties"   Dating Web Site Kicks Out "Fatties" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1