TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

The evolution of "Gothism"

Go down 
+23
La Diva Carlotta
RedAngel
TheDarkHippie
GothicScrybe
GhostRed
Dark Gentleman
SPF
Maxmordon
edgeeffect
beautyindecay
ravengrim
Eyvind
Synth
lollirot
deadcoldgothgirl
Siddicus Rex
albinasamara
angelofthenight
Ginger_Snaps
endless dark
Vampira132
MoonRaven
Evolution666
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7664935
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 am

"But I don't think anybody with any self-respect would admit to being Goth" -- Rozz Williams [Christian Death, Shadow Project] "

HEY! I'm a Goth and I'm DAMN proud of it, Mr. Williams, sir!

(Interesting look at our little culture, though... I suppose for the earliest Goths, it must have been semi-confusing... not identifying with anything around you, and failing to be able to place a finger on your "kind"....

(I seriously do not even know what I would do with myself if I didn't have like-minded people here to talk with, who see the world as I do. I don't know one other Goth IRL!) tear
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7559305
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 pm

^^^ You'll know me soon irl my dear Wink We definately have to hang out sometime. Just have to see what's in my schedule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
beautyindecay
beautyindecay

Number of posts : 125
More Numbers : 7540603
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 am

I think theres a decline in the goth movement.
Clubs are shutting down because they dont have enough patrons to keep it running. Or they boost up the age limit to 21 because they cant afford the insurance for under aged anymore. Shops are shutting down because their isn't much of a market. The ones still around hike the prices up to insane amounts, because goth clothing is more a luxury item.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/sarahhdz

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:43 am

angelofthenight wrote:
^^^ You'll know me soon irl my dear Wink We definately have to hang out sometime. Just have to see what's in my schedule.

cheers !
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse
Number of posts : 150
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7527433
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Personally, I hope it never gets so big it's mainstream (as is threatened by the likes oh "Hot Topic"). I like being in minorities (I tend to have an attitude to popular art, culture, what-have-you: "If that many people like it, it must be garbage"). Except maybe round the time of Elouise, This Corossion, and Severina; Goth has always been a nice little exclusive club, big enough to be friendly but small enough to be nicely elitist.

It'd be 'orrible 'orrible 'orrible if it grew to the stage that it was mainstream. Can you imagine all those vile, tacky marketing men getting hold of it (and they would if it was big enough to make money). All those things that made us turn our backs on mundane society in the first place would be being rammed down our throats re-packaged in the style of cheap-and-nasty Geiger and Poe look alikes. Bleuch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.edge-effect.co.uk
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Akasha'sMistake wrote:
"But I don't think anybody with any self-respect would admit to being Goth" -- Rozz Williams [Christian Death, Shadow Project] "

HEY! I'm a Goth and I'm DAMN proud of it, Mr. Williams, sir!

T'was a strange thing back in the 80's (at least over here in Blighty) The goth quote was "I'm not a goth!".
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 pm

edgeeffect wrote:
Personally, I hope it never gets so big it's mainstream (as is threatened by the likes oh "Hot Topic"). I like being in minorities (I tend to have an attitude to popular art, culture, what-have-you: "If that many people like it, it must be garbage"). Except maybe round the time of Elouise, This Corossion, and Severina; Goth has always been a nice little exclusive club, big enough to be friendly but small enough to be nicely elitist.

It'd be 'orrible 'orrible 'orrible if it grew to the stage that it was mainstream. Can you imagine all those vile, tacky marketing men getting hold of it (and they would if it was big enough to make money). All those things that made us turn our backs on mundane society in the first place would be being rammed down our throats re-packaged in the style of cheap-and-nasty Geiger and Poe look alikes. Bleuch!

Nothing like walking into town seeing everyone dressed like you. That would just be too weird for me. Since most people really don't care much for the Goth culture, we have a chance to be crative and unique. If everyone starts doing it, you just feel like another face.

Though I find it funny seeing mall goths and have them ask me where I get my clothing from, like i'd ever tell. tongue
Back to top Go down
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:22 pm

angelofthenight wrote:
Though I find it funny seeing mall goths and have them ask me where I get my clothing from, like i'd ever tell. tongue

My girlfriend once had this very young girl come round her house and ask her "How can I be like you, how can I be a Goth?" My girlfriend's answer was (of course) "I'm not a Goth!"
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:27 pm

That's always the number 1 question. I remember when I first entered college, I had these girls come up to me and ask "Are you Goth?" Of course, I said no and they rolled my eyes at me. Then from then on, everytime they saw me they called me Wednsday. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Evolution666
Evolution666

Number of posts : 118
: : The Dark Knight
More Numbers : 7560254

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:51 pm

^^ reading the above comments i was just wondering are people shy when tellingother people they are goths?
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7651832

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:55 pm

^^ Because some people dont like to brag about who they are. People dont have to stick to groups and have labels, you can be who ever the hell you want to be..!
Back to top Go down
Evolution666
Evolution666

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:03 pm

^^ i can see the world soon coming to a government controlled embassy. We will soon be known as an ID rather then a name. We need FREEDOM!!!
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:07 pm

^^ Oh Evolution get a hold of yourself man!! bars or trapt
Back to top Go down
Evolution666
Evolution666

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Vampira132 wrote:

ohh, i detect some frustration from u vampira!!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 S1rl90
More Numbers : 7551405
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Evolution666 wrote:
^^ i can see the world soon coming to a government controlled embassy. We will soon be known as an ID rather then a name. We need FREEDOM!!!

Complete freedom is an illusion. Looks good on paper but when someone considers that has the freedom of take your things, kill your child and rape your spouse you think otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Evolution666 wrote:
Vampira132 wrote:

ohh, i detect some frustration from u vampira!!

Im not frustrated Evolution, you need to calm it down chuck. We have our freedom.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7562581

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Evolution666 wrote:
^^ reading the above comments i was just wondering are people shy when tellingother people they are goths?

I would be a bit shy to admit to a gothier person that I am goth, but I can always try to get them to help me out a bit.

And yes, there is no such thing as absolute freedom. We are all slaves to something; plus absolute freedom means absolute anarchy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
edgeeffect
edgeeffect

Aries Horse

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Evolution666 wrote:

I don't really ever need to tell people, they seem to work it out for themselves.

And on the subject of freedom. Try the following thought-experiment: You have absolute freedom now! At this very minute you are free to do whatever you want to do. I'm about to have a cup of tea, but I could choose to go outside and... I dunno... maybe murder someone. There is nothing at all stopping me doing that if I was 'orrible enough to want to. Of course the police would then come round and lock me up in a prison, but that's because freedom has repurcussions, and the free need to be responsible for their actions.
Back to top Go down
Eyvind
Eyvind

Scorpio Dragon
Number of posts : 284
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Th_fyo10
More Numbers : 7558948

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:37 pm

do you think this woman looks goth?

The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 G_Campi_Portrt_1410
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7659564

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:43 pm

no but her dog has a human face... creepy
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Eyvind
Eyvind

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:51 pm

when you look at this painting in person, her appearance is very pale, and she has obvious qualities that stand out from a 'normal' painting of the period. this was painted in the 1500s
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:59 pm

The pattern looks familiar, but I can't say if the date on the url is in fact the true date for the portrait. Black was a vary popular color during the renaissance especially when it comes to mourning. People would always try to outdo each other when it came to mourning that laws were passed on how long a person could wear black.
Back to top Go down
Eyvind
Eyvind

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm

your right. 1410 is wrong. it was probably painted in the mid-1500s
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Eyvind wrote:
when you look at this painting in person, her appearance is very pale, and she has obvious qualities that stand out from a 'normal' painting of the period. this was painted in the 1500s

Pale was a sign of wealth and women strove to be pale. In renaissance Italy having pale skin and blonde hair was sought after, so women wore special hats that shielded their skin but let the sun bleach their hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The evolution of "Gothism"   The evolution of "Gothism" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The evolution of "Gothism"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next