TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

the "fun" years

Go down 
+12
DarkDreamer
Ginger_Snaps
WrappedinReflection
helen damnation
Morwenna
lollirot
Emmature
La Diva Carlotta
Madelchai
RedAngel
MoonRaven
endless dark
16 posters
AuthorMessage
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : the "fun" years Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7691076
Registration date : 2008-07-21

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm

this is somewhat related to something that came up in the last chat day.

Ok so, between your highschool years and college or say 25 are supposedly the "fun years". These years are the ones that people are supossedly enjoying the final part of growing up, having and going to parties, getting drunk or whatever the case may be before after college or 25 when we're expected to grow up and put these sort of things behind us.

So the question is, how many of us actually enjoyed these "fun years" weather your still in the 14-25 area or well past it, were these years what we've been conditioned to think they were? If you're over that 25 "age limit" are you still having a "fun time" or did everyhting change at 25?

this could be interesting
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Well, I'm 22, and up to this point, everything has sucked.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : the "fun" years Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 pm

I would say that they were carefree to say the least.
There was no worries back then. Didn't have to worry about stinky jobs and paying bills.
The money I made back then went straight to Cd's, DVD's and books.
It was a great feeling walking into the record store and walking out with 5 Cd's Very Happy Or going into the book store and buying 12 books at a single time.
There was the occasional house party that was always fun. I was never totally wasted but had fun watching my friends make fools of themselves. They wouldn't remember a single thing and I would remember everything haha.
I wouldn't say everything changed at 25 but they definitely changed in the early 20's.
They all decided to have kids and get married. And now there are far few house parties.
But then again, I'm not really much for partying. It's hard to find time with the people that I am still close to. I did enjoy those years but I'm hoping the best years are still to come. Not to say that things are sucky now. I have an amazing boyfriend who makes things so much better. It kinda sucks growing up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : the "fun" years 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 am

My high school years weren't as fun as they should have been. They were fun 1/2 the time, and the other 1/2 I was dealing with Mom's addictions and their repercussions. So I kind of had to grow up fast.

College was *amazing*. Having command over my own time, making what are turning out to be lifelong friends, slaking the thirst for knowledge, testing my limits. As it happens, I met my future husband there too.

The years since then... also could have been more fun. Laughing But they've still been amazing fun on a personal level. My friends are having kids and settling down, but I'd rather not go that route... still making up for a little lost fun. Smile And the Fella is just a big kid himself, so he encourages the fun, even when I'm being more serious. Which I still tend to be, and need to be.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : the "fun" years Bjevig
More Numbers : 7592883

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 am

It's not so much the good times end as it is you want more for yourself as you get older.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 am

True. And then there are the bills. I can relate to Moon's nostalgia for days when she could just shop without worrying about covering other expenses.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : the "fun" years Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 am

I turned 30 in October, and I can honestly say I'm having more fun now than ever before. The thing is now I have the money to go out and do all the stuff I really want to do. And I don't have any kids, so that makes things easier. LOL I go to fine restaurants with the hubby and friends, we go out to the theater a few times a year, etc. Also, being a little older makes me mature enough to appreciate a lot of things I wouldn't have cared about as a kid.

My 14-25 were pretty boring in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : the "fun" years 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7368514
Registration date : 2009-01-08

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:13 pm

^props!

I turned 26 last August 27th, when I awoke to a horrible world devoid of color and joy. Since then I've been more miserable with each passing day...

NOT.

I'm bipolar so sometimes things are rough for me, but I loved my late teens and early 20s. Road trips, jello shots, not caring how many calories are in pizza...

But i kinda like being more self-actualized than I was then. I've gone from awkward, self conscious mall-goth to "yeah, I am going to wear blackish-purple lipstick at 9 on a tuesday because it makes me feel pretty, dammit!"
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:39 pm

^^ Awesome! Yeah, I think it does get easier to wave one's personal freak flag as the years go by.
Back to top Go down
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7589256

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 am

Weelll, from 15-maybe 18 and a half-ish, it was nothing but sexsexsexdrinkingdrinkingsmokingsmokingpartiespartiesparties. So, I guess, I've enjoyed them, sure.

Now, I'm 20 *LOL* and such a hermit. I was pretty much wasted throughout my teen years and went out only to get wasted and sex it up. Now, I just want to drink and sex it up with my boy.

Sure, it was fun as hell going out, but now I actually want to go out and do stuff, enjoy the little free time I have, go into a steady relationship, finish college, settle down, travel, and just....enjoy myself. So, I doubt the "fun years" ever stop existing. "Fun" is defined differently for each person.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
More Numbers : 7691076

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:46 pm

highschool was fun but it could have been better, there was a lot of crap that happened there but the weekends were full of hanging out at the malls, parties and general hanging out with friends. Same thing could be said for the space between highschool and 21, part way through 21 life went to sh*t real fast and by 22 my mother and I lived in an area we call "little baroot" (rest of the city calls it the cresent). I wont fill in the 22-25 but there was some real life lesson type stuff in there and a lot I'd never want to go through again but things definetly turned around shortly after turning 25 things have been good since then, I don't think I could re live the "fun years" even though I might if I could they just kind of seem like I got cheated a bit... 29 now and cant wait to see whats coming grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : the "fun" years 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7589426

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm

I hated high school. I blame teen angst, but it had its fair share of outside influences. I love college, and I like to go out drinking once in a while, but I'm responsible about it. I used to go out drinking with a 29 year old friend but he went back to Australia in January. I certainly hope I still have the good aspects of my life as it is now after I'm 25.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : the "fun" years 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm

RedAngel wrote:
^^ Awesome! Yeah, I think it does get easier to wave one's personal freak flag as the years go by.

I'll be 41 in May and I'm having the best years of my life! I've got the confidence now that I lacked in my 20s. I like me an awful lot now.....I hated me for soooooooooo many years
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : the "fun" years Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7568556
Registration date : 2008-08-09

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 am

I had a lot of fun in high school even though I went through a lot of personal issues. I had a great group of friends, had an amazing boyfriend who was always there for me even when I wanted to push him away & I had a lot of fun. I'm 22 & still have my amazing friends & continue to make more, am still trying to have as much fun & have had many amazing experiences as well as sh*t ones. I can only hope to continue experiencing as much as life can offer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : the "fun" years Bjevig
More Numbers : 7594093
Registration date : 2008-07-22

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:46 am

My high school years were my most stressful time. I had few friends and we hardly hung out outside of school. College is proving to be much better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : the "fun" years 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:45 am

High school wasn't the best of times. It was definitely a big step up from life pre-high school- I finally had friends- but they were all the over-achievers who had too many other obligations to be able to hang out often.

College is, in many ways, more feast or famine than anything. At times I'll have time and money and will be able to go out with friends, but most of the time I've got no time, no money, and just end up being a hermit in my studio. It's still insanely fun though- whatever time I'm busy is usually spent busying myself with awesome things; mucking around with things in studio, going to my volunteer jobs- one of which involves working with some super-cool people on some amazing projects, and the other involves playing with cats... so I can't complain.

I really think though that despite my recent string of complaining about my shaky financial situation, the feast-or-famine aspect is the best part of my life at present. It makes the feast times all the more beautiful than they would be if they hadn't been preceded by famine. However that isn't the only great aspect of it... it gives me the thrill of the chase so to speak, as I try to finagle how to make a little money stretch a long way... ironically, I seem to eat better and have nicer things when I have less money than when I have more, since I've learned so many amazing tricks on how to get by. I have a feeling tat tis feast-or-famine lifestyle will follow me for a good while to come, and I'm more than happy to take it.

I hope that these current years are not the best of my life, but are a step towards even better things to come. With each passing year I find myself gaining more confidence, more friendships, more direction in my work and in my life, and more of the wealth and bounty that life has to offer. I can only hope that this cycle continues for the rest of my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : the "fun" years 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 pm

I loved High School once I got into the Sixth Form and the ones who didnt want to learn left school.

I've never been that fussed about being popular which is just as well really. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : the "fun" years Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm

The "fun years" for me have only just started, and im only 23, in full-time employment with a wedding on the way. grin

I loathed my high school years and never ever want to go back there again.

Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 7368514
Registration date : 2009-01-08

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:34 am

^congrats, Vampira!
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
: : the "fun" years Evil10
More Numbers : 7326799
Registration date : 2009-02-09

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 pm

My best years were my High School years though I didn't realize it at the time. Had some nice times after turning 21 too.

By the time I was 25, I was married and raising two step-kids.

So I'd definitely have to say that the best years of my life were between the ages 16-21.

I've never been one for parties (most "parties" were nothing but drunks. I can go to a bar and see that) so that was never my scene anyway.

I used to have loads of fun in downtown Orlando back in the day (meaning before they ruined it) and took a nostalgic trip back a few years ago.

A photographer for a studio in New York who was shooting the interior of the Bumby Exchange, was exceedingly curious about me as I walked and looked.

He said that a flicker of recognition would cross my face for just a second and then it was gone, so he finally asked me what I was doing.

We had a pleasant chat and I lamented how much the place had changed, while I waited for my friends to show up.

It was a nice trip down memory lane, but yeah...16-21...those were the years.
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
More Numbers : 7356574
Registration date : 2009-01-17

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:40 pm

highschool sucked. I had to grow up superfast when I was really little and it tended to put me on a more mature level then most of my classmates, so I got along with hardly any of them. And then none of them wanted to go out anywhere, plus I was super sheltered, so that didn't help anything. But then I came up here to college and I am having the best time of my life-it's awsome! well, for the most part anyway, but everything has its down sides.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 7579292
Registration date : 2008-07-31

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 pm

my parents told me after 21 it is all down hill. I dont think that is true. If you manage your job and money that you can make time to have fun. For me college has been a lot of work, but I always make time to go out at night and have a ton of fun

Some older people's comments are very encouraging and I hope I can still have fun no matter what age
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the "fun" years Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "fun" years   the "fun" years I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the "fun" years
Page 1 of 1