TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Disney goes goth for 'Alice'

Go down 
+2
Ginger_Snaps
cynfullov
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7639570
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Disney goes goth for 'Alice' Empty
PostSubject: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Article..

Take note, parents of Disney-obsessed preteens: Your daughter might soon be trading in her pinks for blacks.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Disney is planning to license "an extensive line of clothing and accessories" to Hot Topic in the weeks leading up to the March 5 release of Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." (That includes a soundtrack featuring music by The Cure's Robert Smith.)

As the Journal points out, this is a definite change for the company, which has made big bucks by selling a princess image to young girls. (They'll still probably bring in the green by targeting goth girls, though -- some of the goods being sold are high-priced items designed by the likes of Stella McCartney and Tom Binns!)

And while I'm glad to see Disney offer up a marketing strategy that doesn't force young girls to idealize a life full of fluffy dresses and Prince Charmings, it's still a bit of a bummer to think that girls might conform purely to match the company's commercial interests.

That being said, I might have to stop by a Hot Topic nearby in the coming weeks, just to see this goth spectacle. (Even if the sudden "Twilight"-inspired resurgence of the mall shop still baffles me, since you could only buy mesh and black cuffs there when I was a teen.) I am a Tim Burton lover, after all.

What do you think, PopWatchers? Would you be tempted to buy an Alice-inspired accessory for your young one?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Anything Tim Burton is a win... Hot Topic, not so much. Especially now that they did away with the clothes that I liked.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' Bjevig
More Numbers : 7579650
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 pm

They've already done it. There are loads of Alice jewelry and shirts at Hot Topic. But honestly, it's still better than Twilight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7578440
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:47 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Anything Tim Burton is a win... Hot Topic, not so much. Especially now that they did away with the clothes that I liked.

I hear ya. Tripp pants are a big fave of mine. Now they went and now only uped the price but they only really sell the girls tripp pants online if they sell them at all. They are trying to get rid of them. Plus tripp won't sell to you unless you are a store.

But I like it. I mean the twilight thing kinda bugged me. (hence why I have only ever read the books and refuse to watch the movies or buy the goods)

But I think the look of the movie is cool. I agree that anything tim burton is a win. I'm going to like seeing what things from the movie they come out with for hot topic. I want to get a shirt here or there but I'm thinking the accessories that they are saving for after the movie is out will be worth the stroll along the scene kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7569484
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:42 am

Great, another thing I like, being made into a shinny-marketable-glossy-disgusting shell of itself meant for consumer-based production on a massive scale. The movie looks f*cking terrible, so and I'm sure it will be really popular like Twilight. And now every mall-obsessed-emo-mawth is going to have a "Drink Me" pin on their skinny pants. Hair. Pull. Out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' 25883sk
More Numbers : 7408585
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 pm

^^ As much as I hate to see kids just going for whatever's being sold to them, I'd much rather see them with Alice paraphernalia than being obedient little Barbie and Ken dolls listening to diluted country-pop music.

But yeah, it's a shame that many of them are/will be adopting a faux-individuality between Twilight stuff and Alice stuff. That whirring sound is Dodgson spinning in his grave... but that's another topic altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
shortpsycho
shortpsycho

Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 498
: : Disney goes goth for 'Alice' Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7569567
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:03 pm

I personally heart the Twilight series. I believe that Stephanie Meyer does a great job with a love story. For those of you who can appreciate that aspect of the book I strongly suggest you read "The Host," also by Stephanie Meyer. Especially if you like aliens grin
The movies, however, are extremely disappointing and really don't do the books justice.

About Alice and Wonderland, I loved the movie. I think They did a great job with it. And personally I would wear the @#%& outta the dress alice wears after she met the red queen and the dressed her heart heart

As far as Disney marketing to Hot Topic and and that kind of thing, the reason Disney is so wealthy is because they are marketing geniuses. They KNOW that people will buy that merch. and whether anyone wants to admit it, people will do anything that makes them think they will make a profit off off it. And Disney knows how to make a profit.
Back to top Go down
http://weinridge.com

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm

^^^What little I have read of Twilight, I hated it. She's better suited to write fan fics than books. Not to mention that the entire Twilight series is based off of an abusive relationship. I find that those who try to fight me on the point of the abuse have never been in an abusive relationship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney goes goth for 'Alice'   Disney goes goth for 'Alice' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1