TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Wife Swap Goth Episode

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Wife Swap Goth Episode Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Wife Swap Goth Episode Empty
PostSubject: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Wife Swap

ANDERSON, Ind. — A local Gothic family that enjoys picnics in local cemeteries and celebrates the “dark side” of life will soon make its television debut on the ABC show “Wife Swap.”

Eric and Sheila Schroeder of Anderson said their alternative lifestyle and unique parenting styles were put to the test when they swapped lives with a fashion-conscious, fanatical hockey family from Long Island, N.Y., last summer.

The couple said they were first contacted by the show in 2006 after a family friend recommended them to one of the “Wife Swap” producers.

Over the years, Eric said, scheduling issues with other swap families got in the way of the Schroeders’ television debut.

On Friday, the Schroeders’ episode of the popular reality television series will finally air.

ABC’s “Wife Swap” is a reality series that films two families as they trade lives for two weeks.

During the swap, the new mothers are allowed to change the household rules, forcing their swap family to live out of their comfort zone.

Eric, who wears a black top hat, black clothing and knee-high platform boots, said the family wanted to do the show to “break misconceptions of the Gothic community.”

Instead, Schroeder said he ended up tossing the swap mom out of his Anderson home midway through the filming of the show.

Eric said he asked Long Island hockey mom Stacy Wardle to leave his westside Anderson home after she began behaving inappropriately in front of his children.

The Schroeder family includes four children, Jordan, 13, Alek, 11, Ravynn, 7, and Whisper, 6.

Viewers won’t see Eric kicking the new mom out of the house, but they will see heated arguments between the two adults.

It was edited out, Eric said.

“I did throw her out of the house. I threw her out because here’s somebody who came in all bouncy and smiley who was espousing negative things that my kids don’t need to be exposed to. She was saying horrible things about our family and about the kids in front of my kids. A lot of the worst things she said were cut out. They left the losers and the freaks and the weirdos and that sort of stuff in.”

While Eric fought with his swap mom throughout the filming of the show, Sheila said she genuinely enjoyed meeting the Wardle family of Long Island.

Although she didn’t enjoy watching the competitive family place so much emphasis on sports, Sheila said she found the family to be warm and welcoming.

“There wasn’t a lot of head-butting in New York,” Sheila said.

Back in Anderson, Eric battled the new mom’s constant criticism of the Schroeders’ parenting styles.

“We went in thinking the kids would be exposed to some new activities or some new things ... She thought she would save them from the darkness,” Sheila said after watching the episode in a private screening.

Enjoying the darker side of life, Sheila explained, does not mean that the Gothic family worships the devil or participates in the occult.

“There are probably as many Goths involved in the occult as there are cheerleaders,” Eric said.

The Gothic culture, he said, has nothing to do with religion.

The Schroeder home is accented by symbols from multiple major religions, including Christianity and Buddhism.

Being a Goth, he explained, is about choosing one’s own personal style and self-expression. “If you like a certain style, you should be able to wear it.”

The kids take part in the Goth life as well.

Sheila runs an online alternative clothing site that sells shirts and accessories for children, including clothing decorated with spiders and skulls.

The bedroom of the couple’s daughters is decorated with spiderweb-inspired curtains and black spiders painted on purple walls.

The swap mom was concerned that the Schroeder children would be teased for their parents’ preference for the Gothic lifestyle.

“It’s not that we don’t care if they’re teased, so far they haven’t been,” Sheila said.

The Shroeders say they’re excited to see the episode air nationally, and are mostly pleased with the portrayal of their life.

“I’m not nervous at all. Having seen the episode, I didn’t do anything I regret. I didn’t say anything I’m ashamed of,” Sheila said.

The Shroeder family’s episode will air Friday at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Back to top Go down
SweetVervain
SweetVervain

Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 123
: : Wife Swap Goth Episode Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7019443
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:54 am

The Schroeder family's kids are so cute!
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Wife Swap Goth Episode 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:40 am

I missed getting to watch the show, so I don't know what went on about the graveyard pic-nicing. I don't pic-nic on people's graves, but I've seen lot's of mainstream people do it on and beside the graves of their deceased loved ones.

I must have heard this said when I was little, but I've always had this thought that you weren't even suppose to walk on top of a grave if it could be helped. Luckily, in the US our graveyards & cemeteries aren't grave to grave and there's a lot of open unoccupied spaces.

When I'm gone, dead and buried I'm not going to care if anyone were to lunch upon my grave.

Last edited by cynfullov on Tue May 04, 2010 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Wife Swap Goth Episode 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:40 pm

cynfullov wrote:

I must have heard this said when I was little, but I've always had this thought that you weren't even suppose to walk on top of a grave if it could be helped. Luckily, in the US our graveyards & cemeteries aren't grave to grave and there's a lot of open unoccupied spaces.

You're right!!! I've spent more than my fair time in graveyards but I actively try to never step on a gravestone. I was brought up to believe that it's both unlucky and disrespectful

Back to the matter in question, they look like a fine family to me. I love Wife Swap although it does seem very orchestrated. I often wonder what would happen if somebody had me as their swapped wife? They'd probably hand me back in two minutes flat Laughing
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Wife Swap Goth Episode 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Ive been trying to find the episode online, but no luck so far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wife Swap Goth Episode   Wife Swap Goth Episode I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wife Swap Goth Episode
Page 1 of 1