TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres

Go down 
AuthorMessage

UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres Empty
PostSubject: UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres   UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am

Un Women
Progress of the World's Women (a UN Women website)

I really doubt anyone cares how I found them, but I did. UN Women is an UN organization that focuses on women's rights and gender equality world wide. They also record information about different issues around the world and make suggestions about how to help women. One of these suggestions was the Thuthuzela Care Centres of South Africa.

The TCCs are basically "One-Stop Shops" for rape victims. Most rape victims will never get to a trial or see a conviction due to all the obstacles and different people they have to see in order to see a trial. Many times, they'll also run into defeatists who say they are wasting their time and might even say the victims deserved it. The TCCs try and take these steps away. They're staffed with medical staff, counsellors, and legal advocates that are specifically trained to help rape victims and are all found at the same place in a hospital, so there's no bouncing around from place to place and person to person.

These places are extremely effective. I quote directly from the executive summary PDF (and not the website):

Quote :
Conviction rates for rape cases dealt with by the Soweto TCC in Gauteng Province have reached up to 89 percent, compared to a national average of 7 percent.

That, friends, is F***ING AMAZING. Regardless of where your personal "here" is, we need them here. Bug your local political representatives to all hell and get them here... Please?
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7574736
Registration date : 2008-07-28

UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres Empty
PostSubject: Re: UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres   UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 am

This place seems good, because the victims can just get all the b.s. they need to deal with done at this one location, which is probably the longest aspect of the healing process. The time and effort it takes to do all these things is why a lot of women never complete these steps at all, and never work on a healing process or dealing with the ramifications of what happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com

UN Women and Thuthuzela Care Centres
Page 1 of 1