TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

What We Want in a Magazine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : What We Want in a Magazine 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7355384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

What We Want in a Magazine Empty
PostSubject: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Okay, so on the Random Thoughts thread La Diva Carlotta said she wanted a magazine that catered more to her feelings. A bunch of us agreed and said we would love to see that happen. Furthermore, Nsane has recently expressed concern with the coverage of women from some "mainstream" news sources. We all originally met around a magazine, and I feel like this is a big enough topic to take over the Random Thoughts Thread.

So what would you like to see? Would it just be a women's magazine or would it be a larger culture magazine?

For starters, I want to see models of all sizes, reviews of TV dinners for busy people, and maybe a monthly "hey, look at these cool tattoos" feature. How 'bout you?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : What We Want in a Magazine Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 am

I had that idea once, I wanted to do a subculture/community thing with the newsletter. I was trying to find the "how to's" to making a full on magazine but in the time it took me to look for things some got bored, some left, one got banned and I didn't want to do the whole thing alone it was hard enough doing what I was... Any way I'm kind of rambling here, anyway just from my end having already tried it, it's a lot of work so make sure you have everything you need together before you start other wise you'll be constanly crawling uphill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What We Want in a Magazine Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:34 am

Great idea for a thread, Emma! I definitely think it should be a women's general interest mag - have articles on a variety of topics - current events, fashion, home decorating, crafts, (healthy) relationships, cooking, entertaining, advice column, etc., but with an alternative edge.

Definitely models of all sizes! And no photoshop! Actually, you know what - a page deveoted to bad photoshops from others mags, with both the original undoctored photos and the photoshopped versions. That would be hilarious!

I'll tell you what I don't like about current magazines: articles on vapid celebrities. Articles on how to make your broad nose look narrower and make your round face less round looking with makeup (because apparently we all hate what mother nature gave us). Spreads on millionaire mansions. Stupid articles by stupid women talking about their risky sex lives.

I also hate the majority of articles written in the first person. Whatever happened to good olf fashion journalism? Interviewing others and whatnot?

Endless: Yeah, creating a magazine will be hard work, but why the hell not try?
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : What We Want in a Magazine Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 am

I'm not saying "don't try", I'm just saying make sure you have what you need before you jump in, otherwise it'll be incredably hard to do anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 am

If there's any type of music article, you could point out how may bands/artists are unwilling to work with women (at least in some regions) because they think that 1.) a woman will make them automatically suck or 2.) they think that she'll sleep with all the other band members. Because, apparently all female musicians are whores.

As for a general woman's magazine... how about if you're going to have ways for women to loose weight, list places that are actually fun and usually teach the women to love themselves as they are (like belly dance, or similar things). Also maybe a networking section or 'dear anny' kinda' thing. Apparently people love those.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What We Want in a Magazine Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 pm

^^Absolutely! I see this mag taking on a more feminist vibe.
About the musician thing, I remember a few years ago some female fronted metal bands were on tour together, and they named the tour something like "hotties of metal" or some other nonsense like that. Still waiting for the "Hot Norwegian Dudes of Black Metal" tour, but I guess that ain't happening any time soon. Get my drift?
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : What We Want in a Magazine S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm

I would want to see make-up reviews for more colors than just pinks and browns. I have never seen a good review on black lipsticks or blues. I would also want to see clothing reviews for stores that aren't going to kill my alternative wallet. Do you really think I can afford to buy a shirt for $50+ everyday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What We Want in a Magazine   What We Want in a Magazine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What We Want in a Magazine
Page 1 of 1