TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Pet Peeves

Go down 
+27
deadcoldgothgirl
RedAngel
Zelda!
ravengrim
purpleluna
shortpsycho
Succubus
Maxmordon
BadArt23
Vampira132
Spooky
Luminita
Apocalypse
La Diva Carlotta
SPF
endless dark
RimbaudsGirl
Gomez
albinasamara
WrappedinReflection
lollirot
edgeeffect
angelofthenight
helen damnation
Morwenna
Ginger_Snaps
MoonRaven
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7659564
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Pet Peeves - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:33 am

just thought of one, can't believe its taken this long to realize it... People that wont correct you when you are obviously wrong. Like someone saying "per say", it's "per se" I contantly post "ect" on purpose just waiting for someone st correct it with "etc" because its "et cetera" but no one ever does...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7562581
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 pm

endless dark wrote:
just thought of one, can't believe its taken this long to realize it... People that wont correct you when you are obviously wrong. Like someone saying "per say", it's "per se" I contantly post "ect" on purpose just waiting for someone st correct it with "etc" because its "et cetera" but no one ever does...

Pet Peeves - Page 8 Grammar_bf8bd2_393567
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7563545
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 7:24 pm

You know what I hate? Those commercials for food and snacks specifically targeted to women. Especially the ones where the woman tires to be sexy while eating the food advertised. Nothing sexy about Lay's potato chips or yogurt.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 25883sk
More Numbers : 7391516
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm

^^ Ah yes. Good ol' gender pandering. grrrr. I feel similarly about pushing the "hard sell" -- using sales tactics that no doubt sound artificial even to the shill who's doling them out. If your product is that great, sell the product, not my relationship with it. tongue I can think for myself, y'know.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7563545
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 am

^^Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 2:38 pm

When you have 1 exp left before you level up. Seriously, the game couldn't have just given me that last point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Okay, long one here.

If none of you follow Celldweller, none of you probably know about the Bane of Yoto book and comic/app. Basically, it's the story of a blue fuzzy knock-off of the Hulk who goes about smashing crap on an inhabited moon that has elements of Alien and Avatar thrown in. Really, the writing was terrible, but the idea was good enough to where I read to the middle of the book. Then I got disgusted enough to put it away.

My first pet peeve is this-(I can't find it now, but) the 'author' posted a bit of a rant on his website (and linked to it on facebook) that bitched about people complaining about the app. Again and again in the rant, on his website, and on facebook, he always talks about how his book is a "Four-Time-Award-Winner and even used the phrase "has won prestigious awards" in his rant. I'm sorry, but prestigious? From his own website, the 4 awards are as follows:

June 8, 2012 | New York Book Festival: Honorable Mention in the Science Fiction category

July 8, 2012 | Hollywood Book Festival: Honorable Mention in the Genre-Based Fiction category

October 17, 2012 | Halloween Book Festival: WINNER in the Science Fiction category

October 17, 2012 | Halloween Book Festival: Honorable Mention in the Fantasy category

Book Festivals are not prestigious awards. Those are the literary equivalent of the star stickers that say 'you tried'. Don't assume because you have a little piece of paper that says 'award' on it means that it's prestigious. If you want prestigious, look for a Nobel Prize in Literature, Nebula award (Sci-Fi), or a Pulitzer Prize or hell, even a Newbery Medal (since his writing is so simple and void of any depth).

Second pet peeve with this book: Rape is poetic and women are only there to help or inspire the main male characters.

Seriously, word choice is everything. If you use the most poesy words you can think of (or at least I'm guessing they were the most poesy words he could think of. He's not exactly Chaucer) to describe rape, there's something the f**k wrong. And then to have the character shrug it off with a bit of wonder and then go chasing after her 'one true love' in a swamp without any type of emotional trauma so she can act as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl before being off-ed.... f**k you. I'm sorry, but really. Women would never act like that. In fact, there's only 4 women even named and only 3 make it past the first section. 2 being evil conniving bitches and the one who gets raped and then off-ed. The other women mentioned are whores, slaves, and baby makers. Sexism gets old fast. Maybe if you'd learn to write (period and) without sexism maybe one day you will actually have a shot at an actual prestigious award.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7659564
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:43 am

new ones I've picked up with the last 6-12 mos.

Yolo. Ok, its Carpe diem for stupid people but even for stupid people "I ate 2 icecream cones YOLO" IS the wrong usage. If you must, MUST use yolo please use it right "first skydive today yolo" is ok, "Throwing animal crackers at vegetarians, yolo" is not good... yolo is annoying and my brain twinges when I hear or read it, BUT bad useage is worse.

Swag, swaggy, swagger. This ones my generations doing, at least the start of it. Certain people started using swagger when I was in highschool but I never thought it would get this out of hand. Old Spice made "swagger" I thought for sure that would kill it but nope, it's very not dead. Swag has only 2 uses, at least in my general area. 1- the various stuff sold at events and or gift bags. 2- cheap lowgrade weed, useually flakey and smells like sausage most likely because its got kitchen spices in it. Thats it...

this is the new one, calling video games "IP's", call them games, they're games damnit and calling them IP's is a personal devaluing. You cannot call a game an IP meaning "intellectual property" and then complain about what some company is doing with said IP because by calling it an IP you are admitting to knowing it's their intellectual property. Games are Games call them Games...

That is all...for now
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Pet Peeves - Page 8 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7552415
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Endless!  Everything you wrote is spot on, spot on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: