TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages

Pet Peeves

Go down 
+27
deadcoldgothgirl
RedAngel
Zelda!
ravengrim
purpleluna
shortpsycho
Succubus
Maxmordon
BadArt23
Vampira132
Spooky
Luminita
Apocalypse
La Diva Carlotta
SPF
endless dark
RimbaudsGirl
Gomez
albinasamara
WrappedinReflection
lollirot
edgeeffect
angelofthenight
helen damnation
Morwenna
Ginger_Snaps
MoonRaven
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Pet Peeves - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:47 pm

helen damnation wrote:
I havent been to church since the awful incident when I had to read the lesson and sniggered at the word "naked" - I was only 11 at the time - I can, however, understand your peeve that if people go there and enjoy it, why the hurry in scooting off. Maybe it's a duty thing and they're just "sunday christians"?

My thinking exactly. They are just there to punch their ticket and leave... like it is their pass into Heaven, and God takes attendance of who is there on Sunday. Rolling Eyes I don;t go to Church... not because I am of another faith, but because I don't feel I should insult God, myself, and the Catholic community by going with half-a-heart.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7670687
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:50 pm

That was exactly my point - if you have a faith then I believe you devote yourself to it full time. I'm not a christian but I have every respect for anybody following their faith whatever it may be
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 S1rl90
More Numbers : 7565848
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:52 pm

helen damnation wrote:
I hope I didnt offend you by that comment - I was talking about my experience of church goers in the UK. Now I feel bad pale

If you could have offended someone with that comment, I didn't felt it.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Maxmordon wrote:
helen damnation wrote:
I hope I didnt offend you by that comment - I was talking about my experience of church goers in the UK. Now I feel bad pale

You know that you're one of the very last people in the World that I would wish to offend hug
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 5:59 pm

helen damnation wrote:
That was exactly my point - if you have a faith then I believe you devote yourself to it full time. I'm not a christian but I have every respect for anybody following their faith whatever it may be

I believe in God and consider myself a Catholic, I don't go to church too often since I consider you don't need to be in a building to worship Him.

I also inclined to believe in the idea of Virtuous Paganism on Catholicism which is based on the Righteous among the Nations in Judaism. Pretty much establishes that human beings, whatever they believe, have basic good and bad norms and as long as they follow it they get Heaven, Summerland, etc. without needing to accept Christ/following the Torah/etc.

The big mystery is what is after the wall of life and death...
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Cake?
Back to top Go down
shortpsycho
shortpsycho

Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 498
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 7566941
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:03 pm

I believe that worshiping in a building is contradictory. You have to tear downs God's creations (trees, plants, etc.) and take the homes of animals to put them up. I don't find that to be a good way to worship God
Back to top Go down
http://weinridge.com
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:18 pm

helen damnation wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:
helen damnation wrote:

You know that you're one of the very last people in the World that I would wish to offend hug

Thank you, Helen! hug

Cake?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:19 pm

The cake is a lie...
naughty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:20 pm

helen damnation wrote:
Cake?

exactly ~!

I actually think Heaven and Hell are personal, and different for each person. What would be one person's version of "heaven", won't be another person's, and vice versa.

I DO think Hell is not fire and brimstone, though.... I think it is existing with and being reminded of all your regrets and failures constantly, with out any way to rectify them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:23 pm

I completely agree with you on Heaven being what each person believes it will be. For me... I think I'll be joining J.D. & Turk at the milkshake pool on the lesbian cloud. Laughing

Hell...
Hell will probably be similar, what we make of it... yet more to it than that.
Some may experience the fire and brimstone while others, like myself, will have to relive all the mistakes, regrets, pain in live in a constant loop... without any way to change/fix/rectify them as you say.
Wouldn't be surprised if, for me, Hell was living this life over only without the good parts.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:38 pm

I remember that C.S. Lewis on The Last Battle and Pratchett on Eric mentioned Hell to be eternal boringness...

Or as Pratchett says, the equivalent of being in an hotel lobby waiting for the manager with 10 years old magazines, the bar closed and the only TV channel being Welsh Channel 4
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7573748
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 6:57 pm

shortpsycho wrote:
I believe that worshiping in a building is contradictory. You have to tear downs God's creations (trees, plants, etc.) and take the homes of animals to put them up. I don't find that to be a good way to worship God

You're 100% correct. exactly
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7523423
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Just found a new pet peeve today of mine today. Women who wear skin tight jeans and half shirts with the muffin top skin showing in between the two. I seen too much of this today at the local grocery. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:43 pm

^^^ Yeahhhhhhh sick
Back to top Go down
Morwenna
star member
Morwenna

Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 3717
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 25a7xqo
More Numbers : 7572357
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 pm

shortpsycho wrote:

That's funny. I have an uncle that thinks that god and jesus or whatever are sitting in heaven ridiculing people who try to take care of the planet. *sigh* I love my family... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7573647

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:59 pm

While we're on the topic of religion, a big pet peeve of mine is people who say they are of a certain religion but then don't follow the tenets or teachings of it.

Also people who ask when I'm going to have kids or say things like "when you have children you'll understand." No, I won't. I don't want children, never have and most likely never will. I didn't even like other children when I was a kid, why would I want them now? Not everyone is cut out for being a parent.

Last edited by albinasamara on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7666275

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:07 pm

albinasamara wrote:
While we're on the topic of religion, a big pet peeve of mine is people who say they are of a certain religion but then don't follow the tenets or teachings of it.

God yes! People saying that they are Catholic but they never attend church and break all the rules etc. etc. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7573647

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Vampira132 wrote:

God yes! People saying that they are Catholic but they never attend church and break all the rules etc. etc. Rolling Eyes

Vampira, a perfect example is my mother. She is a Jehovah's Witness and pretty religious but she still smokes (cigarettes AND marijuana) and also has pre-marital sex. Also when she was still married to my stepdad she was dating another guy. And when I called her on it she rationalized it by saying they were separated and she didn't "feel married to him." But I think that's pretty hypocritical.

I love my mother but yeesh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:48 pm

People who talk loudly on their cellphones in a quiet area. It's so annoying. I don't want to hear anyone's convo's about drama. Mad
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 Evil10
More Numbers : 7679378

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Not understanding what context something is posted in.I mean come on could you vague that up for me a little bit more? At least have some sort of cohesion to your posts.
Pet Peeves - Page 4 Catwhip
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7577988

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:20 pm

albinasamara wrote:

Also people who ask when I'm going to have kids or say things like "when you have children you'll understand." No, I won't. I don't want children, never have and most likely never will. I didn't even like other children when I was a kid, why would I want them now? Not everyone is cut out for being a parent.

Yes! Thank you! I get this all the time from relatives. Dang it, I'm allergic to children! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 pm

My pet peeves consist of those who act like children to get attention, those who are insecure and think they are the only ones with problems. Get over your self, your not alone you fails, noone takes you seriously act your age and grow up!
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:39 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
albinasamara wrote:

Yes! Thank you! I get this all the time from relatives. Dang it, I'm allergic to children! Shocked

Hahaha, that's a good one! Why didn'y I think of that. You're a genuis Diva! grin clap
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Pet Peeves - Page 4 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7577988

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

^^LOL

On a related note: pregancy pacts. What's all that about? I heard that some women I know (friends of friends) who are getting married around the same time next year, are also planning on getting pregnant and having babies at the same time. For some strange reason, this really annoys me. None of my business really, but still....WTF? wtf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheDarkRealm :: the threads :: Lifestyle-
Jump to: