TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research Empty
PostSubject: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:28 pm

The hidden theme behind CS Lewis' Narnia books has finally been uncovered, according to a BBC documentary.

(Even though I know it's news I put it here.Because it belongs here.)

I guess if this theory is true that makes The Chronicles Of Narnia even more of an ambitious undertaking than even I imagined.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research S1rl90
More Numbers : 7582917
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research Empty
PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Interesting, though not as new as you think. It has been theorized by a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 am

Quote :
"Critics of Lewis said his writing was sloppy - Tolkein, for example, said the characters were a mish-mash
^Just because the books aren't written in such "depth" and dragged out to the point a person could go insane reading the first chapter... doesn't mean that "sloppy" is necessarily a bad thing. For one, the books are enjoyable by children... not surprisingly of all ages and with the launch of the movies, has brought more audience of varying ages to the series. Secondly, the symbolism itself should be enough to rival Tolkein - the perspective and understanding, the dissection of meaning & depth will change from person to person; add that to a society bent on theorizing and understanding the literature & meanings & depth from a scholarly, scientific, and intellectual levels... it's a whirlpool of possibilities and near-infinite ones at that.

I do like this theory and, even though I haven't read the books (yet), I can see how they can possibly relate. However, personally I don't believe that this or any "one" theory can truly hold sway to the various "hidden meanings"... definitely probable that there's multiple perspectives intertwined on purpose while many seem to prefer focusing with the thought of "there can be only one" or prefer building upon one more strongly over the other.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
: : Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research S1rl90

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:25 am

RavenwindX wrote:

^Just because the books aren't written in such "depth" and dragged out to the point a person could go insane reading the first chapter... doesn't mean that "sloppy" is necessarily a bad thing. For one, the books are enjoyable by children... not surprisingly of all ages and with the launch of the movies, has brought more audience of varying ages to the series. Secondly, the symbolism itself should be enough to rival Tolkein - the perspective and understanding, the dissection of meaning & depth will change from person to person; add that to a society bent on theorizing and understanding the literature & meanings & depth from a scholarly, scientific, and intellectual levels... it's a whirlpool of possibilities and near-infinite ones at that.

I do like this theory and, even though I haven't read the books (yet), I can see how they can possibly relate. However, personally I don't believe that this or any "one" theory can truly hold sway to the various "hidden meanings"... definitely probable that there's multiple perspectives intertwined on purpose while many seem to prefer focusing with the thought of "there can be only one" or prefer building upon one more strongly over the other.

They were light to tell that Tolkien actually called them "rubbish" that the Christianity in them was "Blantant and naive" and is even said that he threw them to the garbarge heap...

Back on topic, Lewis indeed stated that the book are a Christian allegory; to be more specific, he said it was how would Jesus appeared on an alternative universe:

Quote :
The Magician’s Nephew tells the Creation and how evil entered Narnia, The Lion etc. — the Crucifixion and Resurrection, Prince Caspian — restoration of the true religion after a corruption, The Horse and His Boy — the calling and conversion of the heathen, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader — the spiritual life (especially in Reepicheep), The Silver Chair — the continuing war against the powers of darkness, The Last Battle — the coming of Antichrist (the ape). The end of the world and the last judgement

Quote :
I did not say to myself ‘Let us represent Jesus as He really is in our world by a Lion in Narnia’; I said, ‘Let us suppose that there were a land like Narnia and that the Son of God, as he became a Man in our world, became a Lion there, and then imagine what would happen

I read some, though not all, of the Chronicles of Narnia. I got bored with the Magician's Nephew, though I enjoyed the rest and found the whole Calormen Empire a bit too racist (turban-wearing onion-smelling scimitar-wilding whose only redeeming feature is good storytelling a la Arabian Nights and who worship the devil) and it's hard to miss the Christianity references and the whole Aslan as Jesus thing... I mean, again, I find it an enterteining series for children but I don't like to be preached and whenever Aslan opens his mouth I feel being hammered...

I am not saying is not good to take new and fresh point of views to different matters... is just that, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:35 am

Maxmordon wrote:
I am not saying is not good to take new and fresh point of views to different matters... is just that, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

The perception of reality that exists will differ from human to human as we are all unique individuals, a product of many things (our heritage, our parents, how we were raised, the environment*s* we grew up in, hopes, goals, dreams, religion, etc.) These factors, allow us to think and see things differently.
While yes, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" the cigar itself can be perceived in various ways: to some the brand, length, age, place of origin will determine how well that cigar is perceived... to others the contents (paper source, tobacco, flavor, scent, atomic structure, etc.) will determine what is seen... to some, the health risk will determine what is seen. Some will be attracted, some will be repulsed, some will be neutral with an open mind & curiosity.

So while a cigar is, technically, just a cigar... as long as it exist in this reality, it will be perceived in many lights. As such, more complex things (such as literatural, art, and music) will be the subject of analysis and dissection from one individual to the next while to some... it may always simply be "just a book" or "just a song" or "just a painting/sculpture", etc.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 am

RavenwindX wrote:
Maxmordon wrote:

The perception of reality that exists will differ from human to human as we are all unique individuals, a product of many things (our heritage, our parents, how we were raised, the environment*s* we grew up in, hopes, goals, dreams, religion, etc.) These factors, allow us to think and see things differently.
While yes, "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" the cigar itself can be perceived in various ways: to some the brand, length, age, place of origin will determine how well that cigar is perceived... to others the contents (paper source, tobacco, flavor, scent, atomic structure, etc.) will determine what is seen... to some, the health risk will determine what is seen. Some will be attracted, some will be repulsed, some will be neutral with an open mind & curiosity.

So while a cigar is, technically, just a cigar... as long as it exist in this reality, it will be perceived in many lights. As such, more complex things (such as literatural, art, and music) will be the subject of analysis and dissection from one individual to the next while to some... it may always simply be "just a book" or "just a song" or "just a painting/sculpture", etc.

I completely agree, now I feel I kind of misunderstood what you were saying. This reminds me the time I argued with my Literature Teacher for a poem by Pablo Neruda. She said it was about love and I said it was about paternity.

So yes, reality is subjective.

Quote :
Happy is the one who doesn't pretend he's right, since either everyone is right or nobody is

--Jorge Luis Borges
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:44 am

^^Wow, you had to argue with your literature teacher over who was "right" and who was "wrong"? That's so silly - one would think a literature teacher of all the lot would most understand the subjectivity of interpretation.

I love that quote btw, that captures precisely what I believe.
However, I'm just as guilty as the next to say "I'm right" from time to time when in reality "right" is in the eye of the beholder.
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:06 am

RavenwindX wrote:
^^Wow, you had to argue with your literature teacher over who was "right" and who was "wrong"? That's so silly - one would think a literature teacher of all the lot would most understand the subjectivity of interpretation.

I love that quote btw, that captures precisely what I believe.
However, I'm just as guilty as the next to say "I'm right" from time to time when in reality "right" is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, and it wasn't a simple one either... it was a symbolist poem. But apparently with that you only have one good answer... hers...

That's one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite writers. I think I even have it in my facebook.

We all commit that mistake, Lex. It's called be human Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research   Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secret theme behind Narnia Chronicles is based upon the stars, says new research
Page 1 of 1