TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"

Go down 
+6
RedAngel
Synth
cynfullov
GhostRed
MoonRaven
ravengrim
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Evil10
More Numbers : 7696447
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Empty
PostSubject: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Ambulance controllers overheard a private conversation between the crew members in which they supposedly made disparaging remarks about the victim's untidy home, allegedly failed to attempt to resuscitate him, and then apparently decided to claim he was already dead when they arrived.

Barry Baker, 59, dialled 999 from his home in Patcham, near Brighton in the early hours of November 29 and said that he was suffering from severe chest pains.

Controllers sent a paramedic and ambulance technician immediately, and although Mr Baker collapsed while talking on the phone, the line to the control centre was left open as he lay on the floor.

Minutes later the control staff heard the crew enter the house. A police source said: "What they heard after their ambulance crew arrived frankly astonished them.

"Apparently their first reaction was to comment on the untidy and unkempt state of the house. Then they are heard to comment on seeing Mr Baker and allegedly saying that it was not worth bothering to try to carry out resuscitation to try to save him. They then are heard discussing what to tell ambulance control and allegedly decide to say that he was already dead when they arrived.

"Obviously the crew did not realise that the phone was still connected and, of course, the 999 call was all recorded on tape," said the source.

The unnamed ambulance staff were arrested after the tape was handed to the Sussex Police Major Crime Team.

They have been suspended from duty and a file has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service to consider prosecuting the pair for wilfully neglecting to perform a duty in public office.

Police confirmed the two medics, both based at Brighton ambulance station, were detained on December 5, six days after Mr Baker's death. They were later freed on bail until next month, pending further inquiries.

A spokesman said: "The men, aged 35 years and 44 years and from the Brighton area, have been arrested and questioned following the death of a man in Brighton. They were detained on suspicion of wilfully neglecting to perform a duty in public office, contrary to Common Law."

A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance NHS Trust said that both men had been suspended from duty.

"We have suspended two male members of staff from duty as police conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the sudden death of a man at his home. We are giving the police our full co-operation in this matter and are not in a position to comment further at this time due to the police investigation taking place."

Mr Baker, who walked with the aide of two sticks after undergoing hip replacement operations, was said to be a popular local figure in village.

He was described by neighbours as a smartly dressed civil servant who was picked up by taxi every morning at 8.30am to go to the job he had been working at since he was 16.

Ralph Virgo, 79 said: "He was always picked up at the same time every morning to go to his job in the benefits office and was always smartly dressed. He had had two hip operations over the years and walked with two sticks and he was quite overweight but he was a very friendly chap and always said hello."

Mr Virgo who has lived in the neighbouring house for 15 years said Mr Baker's parents had died before he moved in when he had inherited the house.

"I always used to offer to help him out getting the trees cut and such like but he always said no. He didn't like to let anyone in the house."

Another neighbour who asked not to be named said Mr Baker was a regular in the local pub where he liked to drink real ale and was a member of the Campaign for Real Ale.

The neighbour added: "He seemed to have a good social life and by all accounts he was quite outgoing. He was a decent chap and always friendly."

Mr Baker's dilapidated detached house lies in a well-to-do street not far from the centre of Brighton.

Paul Newman, landlord of the local Ladies Mile pub, said: "He used to come to the pub every Sunday morning at opening time. He arrived by bus and met friends here and together they played a few hands of cards. He did it every Sunday without fail and was a really nice chap," said Mr Newman.

His funeral has been delayed but a memorial service is due to take place next month.

I would hate to think this is commonplace when you call for an ambulance.
It's awful to think people who are supposed to help you can make a decision about if you might or might not be worth saving based on how the house you live in might lookor how you might appear to these people at the time.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7689061

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 pm

That's a terrible thing!!
What gives them the right to decide that he is not worth saving???
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Jesus, how terrible! Now I am glad for another reason to keep my place clean. God, that is just so messed up.
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:10 pm

I thought perhaps the man had been in an accident or something and was so unrepairably injuried that they had decided he was not worth saving because of how it would cause the quality of his life to be if they did.
Such lack of compassion. Man, now just think how they're gonna be treated. You know everyone around there has to know and some even wondering if a loved one's passing may have been due to these two.

I'm wondering if they could be charged with murder.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:17 pm

I wonder the same thing cyn, I sure hope they can at least be charged with something.I'd like to see them go to trial for this but I don't know if that will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7589352

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:13 am

they couldn't be charged with murder. Death due to neglect yes.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 am

Involuntary manslaughter, maybe? It was pretty willful neglect. But then, I don't know British law.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Wouldn't it be second degree murder or something?
In either case, if people are willing to determine who has the right to live or not based on how crappy their place of residence looks... then I suspect I'll be up sh*t creek without a paddle.
That's just horrible though... I thought they had a similar code of... ethics (or something?) that doctors do - don't let personal opinion interfere with ones duty to save lives. They (should) do all they can to save a life whether they're rich or poor, black or white, outstanding citizen or criminal suspect. It's a human life and we, outsiders, never know the whole picture anyways.
It's like this guy had a good job, great acquaintences, and an excellent social life - a valued member of society... but his place of residence wasn't clean so he was condemned.
Mad
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Reading that made me sad. How can they let someone die like that? That's just awful.

It also makes me wonder..what else have these paramedics done...er..not done to other patients? shock
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Mad Mad Mad

I had always held paramedics in the highest esteem and I suppose that these characters are the bad apples.

I would say that they will probably be done for wilful negligence but manslaughter sounds more appropriate.

I also wonder why the people "listening in" did nothing to help this poor man. Are we only to help out well heeled people these days? Mad
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:40 pm

They should have Helen! Those listening should have sent other help right away and taken those two off the job that momment.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 pm

That's the part of it I really dont understand Cyn. The people listening in and taking no action are just as guilty in my eyes and deserve punishment for their negligence

What did this poor inoffensive chap to do anybody that they refused to help him. tear

I took a bloody pigeon that my Dad ran over to the vets ffs!
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7590817
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 pm

When will people get it through their heads that every life is precious and is worth more than anything on this planet Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7683344

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 9:45 am

Would you save a chav?
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 am

Isn't all human life worth saving,even if it's a judgemental,prejudiced,mean life?
All life is worth something.As little as I like them I'd save the life of a chav.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving"   Paramedics Ignore Man "Not Worth Saving" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1