TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

The Addams Family on Broadway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The Addams Family on Broadway Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

The Addams Family on Broadway Empty
PostSubject: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:49 am

A musical based on Charles Addams' cartoons and sketches will open sometime in 2010.

From New Goth City:
That's right! Sometime in 2010 a Broadway Musical based on the the Addams Family will open. The casting boasts Tony Award winner Nathan Lane (The Producers, The Birdcage)as Gomez Addams, as well as Bebe Neuwirth (Chicago, Cheers) in the role of Morticia. Now...get this: the story of the Musical will revolve around Wednesday, now 18 years old, played by Krysta Rodriguez (In the Heights), and her family’s adjustment to her "coming of age," her new boyfriend and his parents. YIPES!!!

Playbill.com

New York Post
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : The Addams Family on Broadway 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:10 am

exited YAY!!! Very Happy clap

Lane is'a funny guy too! I think he'll do a really good job. I was really hoping for a Tv show though. Who knows. Maybe.. just maybe???
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:44 pm

The Addams Family musical officially opens on Broadway tomorrow! The cast was on David Letterman's show last night and performed one of the songs. Looks like fun! See for yourselves:

http://www.playbill.com/playblog/2010/04/lane-neuwirth-and-addams-family-cast-haunt-letterman/

grin
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : The Addams Family on Broadway Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7670214
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:40 pm

^^ It should come to the UK!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD ITS LILLITH!!!!!!!! (For Fraser/Cheers fans!)

Last edited by Vampira132 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : The Addams Family on Broadway 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Vampira132 wrote:
^^ It should come to the UK!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD ITS LILLITH!!!!!!!! (For Fraser fans!)

She's perfect!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm

They should put it out on DVD! clap
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:56 am

I went to see the Addams Family Musical this past Friday. I thought it was good overall, but I was disappointed by the songs. When I go to a musical, I'm usually able to walk out with a few songs in my head. That did not happen this time....the songs just weren't memorable. sad or frown

The good: Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth were wonderful, as was the rest of the cast. The story/plot was funny and the scenery....the scenery was just....brilliant! The costumes were fabulous!

I had a great time overall and would still recommend it, even if the music was mediocre. grin
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:29 pm

I've been waiting to hear back on how it was! dance

sad or frown I'm sorry the music was lacking. They should have just spoofed off well known songs from musicals past if nothing else. Just changed up the lyrics to a little spookish. Since I read your post I keep hearing Morticia-Lilith singing a kooky macabre version of "I'm just'a girl that can't say no!"... only this remix involves a shovel and the chorus singers beltin' it out neck deep in sand. o.0

DVD. yep, I'd probably even do the "camp out" to be first in line to get it!

I'm glad the rest of it was Excelent and you had a Great Time! great Smile

Last edited by cynfullov on Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The Addams Family on Broadway Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I don't really see The Addams family translating well into a musical. The family is supposed to be relatively deadpan or not overly exuberant whereas musicals are just the opposite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:52 pm

^^Not at all! Gomez is lively as is Uncle Fester. Morticia and Wednesday are definetely more subdued, and this was reflected in the songs they sang. I think the musical fit the Addams Family well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Addams Family on Broadway   The Addams Family on Broadway I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Addams Family on Broadway
Page 1 of 1