TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?

Go down 
+16
chelseagirl
Alenuska
Synth
TheDarkHippie
Glamboy
Ginger_Snaps
Emmature
ravengrim
albinasamara
RedAngel
Vampira132
MoonRaven
Maxmordon
La Diva Carlotta
deadcoldgothgirl
cynfullov
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7640883
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:36 am

Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 am

Why does this not surprise me? I mean I'm a big fan of the books don't get me wrong. But I was too afraid to go see the movie because I didn't want the magic of the books to be ruined for me. This is just another bs thing that is getting me angry with how little teeny bobers are out playing a good thing. It's just like miley cirus. For the love of god someone please knock her off her pedastal (sp?) already. blast frustated
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 am

Unbelievable!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7569787
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 am

I want to excuse myself for the profanity, but as soon I saw this my mouth could only say this:

Oh f**k!
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7675931
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:11 am

Vampire's don't sparkle tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7670214

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 am

Just a million things wrong and not even time to comment on everything.....

This film is just for teenie boppers.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

My first thought on why this exists: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
albinasamara
albinasamara

Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 338
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 2cf2wwg
More Numbers : 7577586
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:51 pm

/facepalm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/albinasamara
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:19 pm

Movie tie in's have changed alot since I was younger.
Sometimes you'd see a movie character on a box of cereal or someething,but what's in those posts isn't really new.
I think I can remember things like this cropping up right after the release of
Memoirs of a Geisha.
I think this is awful and idiotic,people will do anything to make money even shill a fictional vampire-like shimmer to the naive and braindead masses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:22 pm

^^While not really something I'd buy, it's a better look than rainbow-splatter sparkle.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7355384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
Why does this not surprise me? I mean I'm a big fan of the books don't get me wrong. But I was too afraid to go see the movie because I didn't want the magic of the books to be ruined for me. This is just another bs thing that is getting me angry with how little teeny bobers are out playing a good thing.

Agreed all around. Love the books, and read the first one a couple of years ago. When I first saw promos for the movie I was shocked by the choice of Robert Pattinson. My mental picture of the most beautiful man in the world looked nothing like that! Because beauty is so subjective, part of the book's magic lay in pulling the reader's own fantasies into the story. Without that it's a mediocre page-turner.

The movie takes away that imaginative level and rather than allowing us to bring in our own fantasies, it tells us what they should be. Hence the squeals of, "OMG Robert Pattinson is SOOO cute" from girls who are still wrapping their brains around boys not being icky booger-heads.

Naturally, this group is also at the age where they first start experimenting with makeup, so this is a perfect audience for a cosmetic product that they may find less intimidating (I remember spending an hour picking my first tube of lipstick because I didn't want to get it wrong) because it's attached to a brand that they already trust.

hmm, maybe I should cash in on this- vampire makeup classes 20 bucks each!
<--- I'm obviously an expert tongue
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:10 am

Rolling Eyes

This is really getting annoying. I'm am so glad I'm not in high school anymore because I probably would have strangled some of those teenies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Maxmordon
star member
Maxmordon

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 4066
: : Distopian Man
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? S1rl90
More Numbers : 7569787
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 am

Emmature wrote:
deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
Why does this not surprise me? I mean I'm a big fan of the books don't get me wrong. But I was too afraid to go see the movie because I didn't want the magic of the books to be ruined for me. This is just another bs thing that is getting me angry with how little teeny bobers are out playing a good thing.

Agreed all around. Love the books, and read the first one a couple of years ago. When I first saw promos for the movie I was shocked by the choice of Robert Pattinson. My mental picture of the most beautiful man in the world looked nothing like that! Because beauty is so subjective, part of the book's magic lay in pulling the reader's own fantasies into the story. Without that it's a mediocre page-turner.

The movie takes away that imaginative level and rather than allowing us to bring in our own fantasies, it tells us what they should be. Hence the squeals of, "OMG Robert Pattinson is SOOO cute" from girls who are still wrapping their brains around boys not being icky booger-heads.

Naturally, this group is also at the age where they first start experimenting with makeup, so this is a perfect audience for a cosmetic product that they may find less intimidating (I remember spending an hour picking my first tube of lipstick because I didn't want to get it wrong) because it's attached to a brand that they already trust.

hmm, maybe I should cash in on this- vampire makeup classes 20 bucks each!
<--- I'm obviously an expert tongue

We can see that from your avatar tongue

Anybody heard about the Twilight MMO?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-a-twilight-mmo-would-be-the-most-horrifying-thing-on-earth/
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7355384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:03 am

^^Okay, the makeup i could justify, but an MMO- that makes me facepalm.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:26 am

Any way to cash in on a franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 132
More Numbers : 7559041
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:36 pm

I thought the metrosexual look was on it's way out?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkHippie
TheDarkHippie

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 1101
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7343444
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Ginger_Snaps wrote:
Rolling Eyes

This is really getting annoying. I'm am so glad I'm not in high school anymore because I probably would have strangled some of those teenies.

Believe me, it takes all of one's will power. I wanted to strangle a good 3/4 of my school....

This is really just ridiculous. But ya know they are going to get some good money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/joanestabrook#/profile.php?id=757050283&
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm

^ And as soon as Miley get's her "Wings" the packaging will change and the compact light will be on fairies. It's all for da'$$$.
Back to top Go down
Synth
Synth

Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 578
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7576222
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 am

Shoot me down if you will, I will go down like Artemis but I HATE STEPHANY MEYER >
I was talking to my friend the other day about how I love happy people and he said

'I am a happy person but I'm NOT sparkely and I DON'T shine!' >

Tee hee.... ARGHHHH
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 9:56 am

I can't remember who was here the other day when I posted the theory I have on this "sparkle", I deleted it, so some may have already read this. I haven't read any of the books and don't know anything about the author, but I'm of the opinion that the reason these Vampires have been given a sparkle effect is to implie that they are angels.

Angels have been described as being radiant. And then there's of course the whole story of Lilith (Vampire). I'm sure any of you that watched the movie will remember Edward mentioning the "lamb lying down with the lion" which is also a biblical reference.

So yeah. That's my "theory." And the Cullens are kind of giving off that non fallen type of angel, no fangs, no human blood, purish type love going on there with Bella. Well from watching the first movie anyways...
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 am

cynfullov wrote:
I can't remember who was here the other day when I posted the theory I have on this "sparkle", I deleted it, so some may have already read this. I haven't read any of the books and don't know anything about the author, but I'm of the opinion that the reason these Vampires have been given a sparkle effect is to implie that they are angels.

Thank god you cleared that up. I thought it was a euphemism for "lady feelings" ,ahem.
Back to top Go down
Alenuska

Capricorn Pig
Number of posts : 270
More Numbers : 7573565
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Ah so much for the days of romanian folk lore where vampires were hideous.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:53 pm

^^ Yeah, they got seductive somewhere along the line. Could be considered a new weapon for the arsenal, or just another way of drawing audiences in to spend $ on movies.

Years ago in college I wrote a paper on the portrayal of vampires in popular culture, and its reflection of people's desires and fears. I think it's around my studio somewhere. Random; sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

it's a different type of hideous. Disney hideous. Disneyous.
Back to top Go down
Glamboy
Glamboy

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Ann Rice un-subtly blended the line between gay softcore pornography (which she used to write) and vampire novels with her books. Twilight has just toned down the gay.

I blame Bela Lugosi for being so sexy -

Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? 20149656941ef2d87b7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?   Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight Beauty ~ Could you see this coming?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next