TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : 8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7654013
Registration date : 2008-08-20

8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man Empty
PostSubject: 8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man   8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:00 pm

By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, Associated Press Writer Raphael G. Satter, Associated Press Writer – Wed Sep 16, 9:02 pm ET

LONDON – A towering Turk was officially crowned the world's tallest man Thursday after his Ukrainian rival dropped out of the running by refusing to be measured.

Guinness World Records said that 8 foot 1 inch (2.47 meter) Sultan Kosen, from the town of Mardin in eastern Turkey, is now officially the tallest man walking the planet. Although the previous record holder, Ukrainian Leonid Stadnyk, reportedly measured 8 feet 5.5 inches (2.57 meters), Guinness said he was stripped of his title when he declined to let anyone confirm his height.

Stadnyk, 39, told The Associated Press he refused to be independently measured because he was tired of being in the public eye.

"If this title had given me more health or a few extra years, I would have taken it, but the opposite happened, I only wasted my nerve cells," he said.

"If I have to choose between prosperity and calm, I choose calm."

Kosen, 27, told reporters in London that he was looking forward to parlaying his newfound status into a chance at love.

"Up until now it's been really difficult to find a girlfriend," Kosen said through an interpreter. "I've never had one, they were usually scared of me. ... Hopefully now that I'm famous I'll be able to meet lots of girls. I'd like to get married."

Kosen is one of only 10 confirmed or reliably reported cases in which humans have grown past the eight foot (2.44 meter) mark, according to Guinness.

The record-keeping group said he grew into his outsize stature because tumor-related damage to his pituitary triggered the overproduction of growth hormones. The condition, known as "pituitary gigantism," also explains Kosen's enormous hands and feet, which measure 10.8 inches (27.5 centimeters) and 14.4 inches (36.5 centimeters) respectively.

The tumor was removed last year, so Kosen isn't expected to grow any further.

The part-time farmer, who uses crutches to stand, said there were disadvantages to being so tall.

"I can't fit into a normal car," he said. "I can't go shopping like normal people, I have to have things made specially and sometimes they aren't always as fashionable. The other thing is that ceilings are low and I have to bend down through doorways."

But he noted some advantages too, including the ability to see people coming from far away.

"The other thing is at home they use my height to change the light bulbs and hang the curtains, things like that."

Kosen's trip to the U.K. — his first outside Turkey — was organized by Guinness to publicize the release of its 2010 Guinness World Records book, this year's repertoire of weird and wonderful records.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : 8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7687756
Registration date : 2008-07-21

8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man   8'1" Turk takes title of world's tallest man I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 pm

shock shock shock

My lovely mate Gary is 6 feet 5 and he's the tallest chap I know!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1