TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life Evil10
More Numbers : 7672813
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life Empty
PostSubject: Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life   Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 pm

French artist's life now canvas for Australian millionaire

A MILLIONAIRE art buyer has made what must be the ultimate purchase - an artist's entire life until he dies.
French artist Christian Boltanski has agreed to have his every move filmed 24 hours a day in his Paris studio and streamed live to Tasmanian David Walsh's $70 million Museum of Old and New Art when it opens in 2011.

Photographer, sculptor and installation artist Boltanski has said the deal with the Moorilla winery, brewery and restaurant owner gives him an ongoing fee until he dies.

The 65-year-old artist told the French press agency AFP recently: "This man (Walsh) thinks he can beat the odds and he says he never loses. Anyone who never loses or thinks he never loses must be the devil."

The deal means that the longer Boltanski lives, the more the quirky artwork will cost Walsh. "If I die in three years, he wins. If I die in 10 years, he loses," Boltanski said.
Tasmanians will get a taste of Boltanski's work in Hobart during this month's MONA Festival of Music and Art, which is the brainchild of Mr Walsh.

Boltanski, who has exhibited around the world, is collecting sound recordings of human heartbeats for an archive on a remote Japanese island.

From January 14 people in Hobart will have the chance to add their own heartbeat to the artwork, Les Archives Du Coeur or Archives of the Heart, at a makeshift clinic.

Boltanski has been collecting heartbeats since 2008 in Stockholm, Paris and Berlin.

MONA FOMA's art curator Nicole Durling said the experience would demystify art, showing regular people that they too could be part of it.
Back to top Go down

Artist Agrees to Be Filmed 24/7 for the Rest of His Life
Page 1 of 1